Author Topic: spawn jumping  (Read 1530 times)

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
spawn jumping
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »
i was killed 5 times by an invisible attacker sunday. i upped in a f6f to bomb him. i found him and noticed he would fire his guns from a location then spawn again in another location to keep from getting killed. he did this several times. so i acted as a spotter and straffed him. he started getting his butt kicked after coordination from the air.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: spawn jumping
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:51:28 AM »
well....who was it?
Lighten up Francis

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:51:34 AM »
Okay...I don't see the point of discussion. Just a daily rant or are we supposed to care about part of it?

Maybe it's the tower-before-bomb tactic. I use it all the time and you can argue that bringing huge bombs to a GV fight is just as gamey.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:59:01 AM »
If it can happen, it will.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »
I was attacking a field in a fighter and there was a friendly in a gv also attacking said field.

I was rtb to a VBase to land, the other friendly in the gv apparently died and then upped the vbase to help me with the three I was draging.

ONE of those three was Valdals.  After dying to a whirble he started whining to the guy calling them a "Base Jumping Dweeb" on 200. 

(It appears he's changed it to spawn jumping)

Didn't understand it then.

Still don't understand it after this thread.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:48:03 AM »
base jumping is jumping from base to base just to obtain a kill and no real defense. spawn jumping is jumping to different locations within a spawn point to mask there location to get a kill or to avoid being killed.

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:26 AM »
the day i got mad. any location i attacked was defended by the same guy. it was as if he knew where i was or he was jumping to any base that was flashing.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »
he was jumping to any base that was flashing.

As opposed to sitting at bases that arent being attacked and watching the local sheep graze?

Strip

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
the day i got mad. any location i attacked was defended by the same guy. it was as if he knew where i was or he was jumping to any base that was flashing.

How extraordinary lame of that guy to actually defend his bases! How could he dare to interfere with your attacks?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:04:45 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »
And what's the alternative here? Stand by (while an attack is underway as indicated by the flashing?) and watch it be taken, in case it may the same attacker that was just at that last place?  That doesn't sound reasonable.

As for spawn jumping... that would mean that you had it capped? or camped? And was picking the camp as they were spawning in?  Sounds like an effective tactic for him to up, shoot, tower, spawn in (different spot) so the campers & pickers have to actually search for your location for a few seconds before the deaths.  It's actually too much of a hassle for me to do ~ I'd just stay put until killed, then come back. 

Sorry, no sympathy back pat from this direction.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
base jumping is jumping from base to base just to obtain a kill and no real defense. spawn jumping is jumping to different locations within a spawn point to mask there location to get a kill or to avoid being killed.

OK so just how does one jump to different locations at a spawn point?  I have only been able to spawn at one specific point from the HQ.  Now just where at that spawn point I end up is is random and has been for ages but I have never been able to select a point within the spawn point to spawn.  You telling us that somebody was able to select a specific place within a spawn point area at his/her command?  Lucy... you got some splaining to do.  You better be able to back it up with film and if you do have film of somebody pinpointing where they will end up at a spawn point you would have to either be doing it yourself or have somebody that does it give you the film.  In either event, it should be sent to HTC and not whined about in here.

All the Best...
    Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:21:09 AM »
o valdals, you've gone and done it this time bro  :uhoh
Lighten up Francis

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
i was killed 5 times by an invisible attacker sunday. i upped in a f6f to bomb him. i found him and noticed he would fire his guns from a location then spawn again in another location to keep from getting killed. he did this several times. so i acted as a spotter and straffed him. he started getting his butt kicked after coordination from the air.

Who gives a rat's arse ? ... seriously, you and others that come in here with this crap really need to get a grip on "real" life and learn the distinction between "real" life and a "virtual" game life.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »
base jumping is jumping from base to base just to obtain a kill and no real defense.

base jumping to kill the "attackers" ... is defense ... what your really saying is that you don't like someone being able to figure out your weak attack logic and kill you.

spawn jumping is jumping to different locations within a spawn point to mask there location to get a kill or to avoid being killed.

WOW ... You finally have something right.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »
Valdals. I know who you are. You're the guy who gets a hissyfit on vox when he dies. You need to relax and stop screaming on vox or else people will just squelch you. So what, sometimes this game is unfair.. you talk about "the day I got mad". From what I've seen that seems to be everyday, please don't clog vox cause of it...

you go on my top 2 of vox wah wah with ltown.