Author Topic: Radar...  (Read 5674 times)

storch

Re: Radar...
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »
last night we JG54 were in the arena again looking for some fights.  we found 35 allieds and 21 axis so we played axis.  the situation we encountered was that once again you had the allieds porking in the north with the axis porking in the south as though they were oblivious to each other.  to what end I don't comprehend but there you have it.  perhaps points are awarded to each side for not suffering airframe losses or something.  the whole bizzare nature of this concept completely eludes me. 

while in war the denial of the enemies resources and the correlating ability to wage war are indeed valid targets which should be attacked the other side of the equation is the defensive/offensive strike at thenemy combatants en route to prevent the enemy from hitting his target.  you fellows seem to have forgotten this.  remind me again what BoA represents?  what battle of the aces implies?

it seems to me that both sides have settled on the idea that exchanging pleasantries on 200 while waving as they pass each other on their respective toolshedding missions makes for a good arena.  what I have witnessed in two nights of play make me break out in laughter.  for cod's sake you have opposing squads praising each other's skill for an "aerial encounter" during which neither side suffered any airframe losses while "fighting" at 20k plus.  to me that smacks of running to and fro neither player committing to the fight.

last night four JG54 players announced our intention to fight all comers at 73 (the rediculous airstart base) and that we would be there at 8k.  furthermore we announced that initially I would come in alone.  the temptation resulted that seven players temporarily suspended toolshedding for the opportunity to gang one guy with incredible advantage to them.  sadly they all died repeatedly time and again inspite of running to ack after blowing their 12k altitude advantage.  I died every single fight but I killed at least two every single fight. during the course of this difficult fight your rules of politeness went the way of the dodo as both sides engaged in smack typing. true to form and to be expected the ackhuggers proclaimed themselves the winners because I had been killed by ack or repeated pick dives from 20k.  after a period of this shameless display of timidity on the part of the participating allied players we then changed our tactic and camped their airspawn at 18k but once they figured out how they were getting beaten the fights dried up and the "aces" returned to sulking in the tower and typing less than pleasantries on 200.  so much for the battle of the aces. 

in closing I would agree that there is considerable tweaking required if this is supposed to be the "battle of the aces".  I'm saddened to conclude that from my experience the only aces currently in the arena seem to be the toolsheds.

if I may offer a suggestion I will pose a rhetorical question, if the proof of the pudding is in the eating what do you have currently in the AvA?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:19:45 AM by storch »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2008, 07:26:45 AM »
if the proof of the pudding is in the eating what do you have currently in the AvA?

A shortage of miserable, insulting, complaining, simple minded, self serving, self centered, hey look at me, internet tough guys.

You asked...

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2008, 07:29:17 AM »
Last night you said JG54 would never again return to BoA. We could only hope...

Why do you at all bother, if you disdain this arena so much?

I dare you to cut to the chase and get to the point, what is it you are trying to achieve with your posts? What do you want? We are all working here to get a arena which everyone enjoy. We are not there quite yet, but we are well on the way. The negative attitude of playrs is what ruins it.

If you just want to up for a fight, there is a Dueling Arena, I suggest you spend your squad nights there. I don't expect to see you or any JG54 in BoA again, since you said yourself you will not return.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:56 AM »
ok girls, i thought we were gonna play nice. it is in fact still a game no matter what. relax take a deep breath and have a drink.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming........

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »
ok girls, i thought we were gonna play nice. it is in fact still a game no matter what. relax take a deep breath and have a drink.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming........

You know where it got started. Quit kidding yourself by thinking you need to chastise anybody other than your own CO.

It looks to me that everybody has been having fun, that just bugs the hell out of some people.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
You know where it got started. Quit kidding yourself by thinking you need to chastise anybody other than your own CO.

It looks to me that everybody has been having fun, that just bugs the hell out of some people.

Shifty.
Last night we all got BOMBARDED by a certain person with nothing but insults  , attacks  and antagonized to the point where most of us squelched this person out .
The attacks where personal and intentionally trying to provoke over the top all out chat fight it was  not just on certain  individuals  but also on the Game and its creators/owners.

Most of us logged into The game last night have enough screen shots and chat reports to last us a life time.

I for one am very disappointed because being a NOOB (3 months ) it did not take me long to see who the bully's of the AVA are.

That was not fun in the end last night .
It became obvious that certain In-divduals have major EGO issues.

I hope rules that have gotten talked about on a separate thread and have been presented to us get enforced regardless of a persons status .

Oceans out

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
AvA,

This thread has been kept pleasant up to this point....

Lets keep it that way please.

Strip

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2008, 08:51:12 AM »
Oceans, unfortunately for quite a while what you experienced last night was the norm in AVA. People on the staff and both sides sides Axis and Allied are trying to make the arena a place you can enjoy flying again. We're making headway, still there are just going to be times 200 has to be squelched. Which in itself should not be happening. Everybody pays to play, and the antics of a few should not be causing people to resort to squelching channels, or leaving the arena. There's no reason for it and never was. You can still find any type of fight you wish in the arena. Hang in there.

Strip you're absolutely correct. :aok

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:49 AM »
Oceans, unfortunately for quite a while what you experienced last night was the norm in AVA. People on the staff and both sides sides Axis and Allied are trying to make the arena a place you can enjoy flying again. We're making headway, still there are just going to be times 200 has to be squelched. Which in itself should not be happening. Everybody pays to play, and the antics of a few should not be causing people to resort to squelching channels, or leaving the arena. There's no reason for it and never was. You can still find any type of fight you wish in the arena. Hang in there.

Strip you're absolutely correct. :aok

Thx Shifty, I was hoping it wasnt just me.

I have thick ALLIED skin.
                                                  B17 anybody ?? :salute ;)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2008, 09:44:20 AM »
Shifty.
Last night we all got BOMBARDED by a certain person with nothing but insults  , attacks  and antagonized to the point where most of us squelched this person out .
The attacks where personal and intentionally trying to provoke over the top all out chat fight it was  not just on certain  individuals  but also on the Game and its creators/owners.

Most of us logged into The game last night have enough screen shots and chat reports to last us a life time.

I for one am very disappointed because being a NOOB (3 months ) it did not take me long to see who the bully's of the AVA are.

That was not fun in the end last night .
It became obvious that certain In-divduals have major EGO issues.

I hope rules that have gotten talked about on a separate thread and have been presented to us get enforced regardless of a persons status .

Oceans out

So call them out into the open.  Most bullies will stop being such, once confronted. 

No offense intended (you are correct that the behavior is wrong), but crying foul, alluding to "I know who did it",  and not saying who, is pointless.  It gives me flashbacks of recess in elementary school. 

Call them out and give them a chance to see if they have any viable defense.  Probably not. 

I, personally, have no idea as to what went on, as I was on for a total of 5 minutes, but the best thing to do would be to tell a CM or RMRider (Axis CO) to see if one of those guys can square away the offender.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
There are rules of conduct now.  Staff, please enforce them.

Shifty, I like the short icon range as long as you can still see the dot.  It's cool to just see a dot in the distance.  You can still see cons, you just have to look harder which to me is a plus. 

The sector bars would be a plus.  I wasted 30 minutes flying around a flashing base just to find out there was a single GV someplace.  I also tagged along with an Axis jabo raid in hopes it would stir up something but it did not.  Perhaps if a dar bar showed when they popped up some allies would have responded.  I also enjoyed those big Avenger raids before BoA.   Bring back default dar bars and keep everthing else as is.  I think it will help find fights.  Make the fight first, the war secondary.  To be honest, I can't even tell who is winning.  The special events arena has set objectives so they know where the attack will be, we have no idea in this arena.  We need help bringing the two sides together for good fights.

Thanks,
Venom

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »
There are rules of conduct now.  Staff, please enforce them.

Shifty, I like the short icon range as long as you can still see the dot.  It's cool to just see a dot in the distance.  You can still see cons, you just have to look harder which to me is a plus. 

Make the fight first, the war secondary.  To be honest, I can't even tell who is winning.  The special events arena has set objectives so they know where the attack will be, we have no idea in this arena.  We need help bringing the two sides together for good fights.

I agree with you about the radar the current settings are a little too restrictive.The limited icons are always a big plus.  I think the staff and Co's are working to find a system that works best.
I also agree with you on the fight having priority over the war. This is the second evolution of the war idea. The good news is things are evolving, which means people are open to ideas and changes to find the best setup possible.

Then again I'm a glass is half full guy. ;)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »
I like the "buy it" idea.

As far as the glass, Shifty?  Pass it on over, I'll top it off for ya.  :aok

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
I like the "buy it" idea.

As far as the glass, Shifty?  Pass it on over, I'll top it off for ya.  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

Hmm if Frau Shifty see's this thread she'll unlock the secret to getting me help her with the laundry.

Don't you have a photo like that with a steak in the background?? :D

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 11:03:43 AM »
As ordered.......the 49th FG has the best Mess Hall in the PTO.   :aok

:salute
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"