Author Topic: Radar...  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Re: Radar...
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »
Who is running BOA?  Is it a CM group effort or are we pleading our case to 1 individual?  I assume there is a good reason why the settings haven't been changed.  I'd like to hear it.
JG11

Vater

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
<Snip>  Shifty, I like the short icon range as long as you can still see the dot.  It's cool to just see a dot in the distance.  You can still see cons, you just have to look harder which to me is a plus. 

The sector bars would be a plus.  I wasted 30 minutes flying around a flashing base just to find out there was a single GV someplace. <Snip>   Bring back default dar bars and keep everthing else as is.  I think it will help find fights. <Snip>

I think you had Shifty's response mixed up with mine.

I agree with you that finding fights has taken a backseat, and hope that part of the setup will be tweaked to promote more fights for those who truly enjoy that aspect.  Simply increasing the icon range from 3k :mad: for enemies to the MA settings of 6k :D is a small sacrafice from AvA standards with a big payoff for those looking for fights.

Either you do want to know where they are, or you don't  :huh  Maybe it is not the solution, but much less gamey than GPS tracking dot don't you think? 

What gives me the heaves, we have tried all sorts of radar configurations.  But Nooooo, it is forbidden to touch the AvA 3k icon range setting  :rolleyes: 

My eyesight is getting worse, and I simply do not enjoy looking for specks of dust on my 19" screen that only seem to appear closer to 4k than 6k away. 

The best reason for there being any icon at all, is simply that graphics do not represent what could be recognized by the actual eye.

• Jester the portions are off, must have at least as much brew as steak
  • VonMessa I am assuming that is only the first load

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »

Seconds are always available and the waiter & bartender are always on call.   :aok
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
As ordered.......the 49th FG has the best Mess Hall in the PTO.   :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

:salute

THAT STEAK IS PLASTIC!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

You need some good rib sticking German food!  You're in luck, it's Spargel Fest season!

Schnitzel! w/Spargel

Veal Chop! w/ Spargel

and of course....this is the way we prefer our beer served!

just sayin... :aok :rofl

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
I will take 3 orders please :D :D :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »
THAT STEAK IS PLASTIC!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

You need some good rib sticking German food!  You're in luck, it's Spargel Fest season!

Schnitzel! w/Spargel

Veal Chop! w/ Spargel

and of course....this is the way we prefer our beer served!

just sayin... :aok :rofl

More Texas girls no doubt. The photo is probably from Fredricksburg during October. ;)

My favorite German dish has been Jaeger Schnitzel. I first had it at the Luftwaffe base in Jaeger Germany back in 1982. Oursquadron was there for TLP.
Now I have to drive South to Fredricksburg Tx if I want a decent schnitzel. The Hill country of Texas is very nice so the drive is worth making for the sights, food, and drink.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
I think you had Shifty's response mixed up with mine.

Either you do want to know where they are, or you don't  :huh  Maybe it is not the solution, but much less gamey than GPS tracking dot don't you think? 

What gives me the heaves, we have tried all sorts of radar configurations.  But Nooooo, it is forbidden to touch the AvA 3k icon range setting  :rolleyes: 

My eyesight is getting worse, and I simply do not enjoy looking for specks of dust on my 19" screen that only seem to appear closer to 4k than 6k away. 

The best reason for there being any icon at all, is simply that graphics do not represent what could be recognized by the actual eye.

• VonMessa I am assuming that is only the first load

I'm not asking for GPS dots.  I'm asking for a dar bar.  Call it spys, simulated patrols, long range radar, civil defense, whatever.  It would be good to know the approximate area where enemy aircraft are and the number so you can fight them.  As far as buying dar, who would not want it?  If both sides are going to buy it anyway, might as well just turn it on.  We may have aircraft at most fields but we typically only have 5 to 20 pilots magically teleporting to these different fields.  We need to simulate the mundane things like patrolling through dar bar. 

I understand about eyesight.  My sight is starting to head south also and I have a 17 inch monitor. 

Venom

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2008, 12:48:55 PM »
"who would not want dar"

question is who will be able to afford it after the first round

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »
ok girls, i thought we were gonna play nice. it is in fact still a game no matter what. relax take a deep breath and have a drink.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming........

I care less who is on and who isnt on.  As long as we are all haveing fun with out being attack on ch200.  I encorage anybody to play on AVA, either axis or allies, all the same to me. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2008, 01:21:39 PM »
I care less who is on and who isnt on.  As long as we are all haveing fun with out being attack on ch200.  I encorage anybody to play on AVA, either axis or allies, all the same to me. 

But what if you are being attacked on 200 .
What do you do then. Go to the rules which everybody is following except for a handfull of people.
Squelching them out ??.
If the rules are followed it should not even get that far .
Or am I reading this wrong?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »
Anyone attacking some on 200 is already in the loser category, it's a game and they need to get over themselves. Squelch them or don't tune to 200.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »
Anyone attacking some on 200 is already in the loser category, it's a game and they need to get over themselves. Squelch them or don't tune to 200.

So why have the rules then ?
If they get enforced on only certain individuals it is going to look bad.
IMO they get enforced across the board or they do not get enforced at all

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »

So why have the rules then ?
If they get enforced on only certain individuals it is going to look bad.
IMO they get enforced across the board or they do not get enforced at all
I don't think there were any staff members on last night to enforce them.
Just squelch him. He just wants attention.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »
I don't think there were any staff members on last night to enforce them.
Just squelch him. He just wants attention.

Motherland "" With all due respect I do not have a problem with doing that .
Hell just doing the IGGY worked for for most of us.

But answer me this question , by not enforcing on one person isnt that not leaving the door open a bit for
issues that might occure if the same happens to a diiferent person and the rule;(S); are then enforced on that person.
A comparsion will be made against both scenario's then right ?

Anyway I will not let this get me away from AVA it will only make us stronger

:salute

storch

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
yes vortex I will not be returning to AvA.  there really is no point it has become the den of the non fighters.  kind of funny really when youi consider what the concept of the game is supposed to be.  enjoy your non fighting each other as you clobber the toolsheds.