Author Topic: Will Israel attack Iran?  (Read 2625 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Will Israel attack Iran?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:07:44 PM »
There is a reason we have a big part to play with israel.
And we have for a very very very long time.

Our tanks, our guns, our aircraft, almost everything was developed here, and fielded there.
fairly sure if for some reason israel started to fall as a state, you would shortly find american foot prints in the same sand helping to defend her.
That, and it would be the right thing to do
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 05:10:04 AM »
total destruction of the Babylon described in  Jeremiah 50,Isaiah 13,Daniel,Revelation 17

Err... Babylon no longer exists as a city and was a ruin 200 years before the birth of Christ. Furthermore, it's remains are 50 miles from Baghdad.

So in summary - wrong country, wrong target. So much for allowing the bible to dictate foreign policy!  :lol
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »
Err... Babylon no longer exists as a city and was a ruin 200 years before the birth of Christ. Furthermore, it's remains are 50 miles from Baghdad.

So in summary - wrong country, wrong target. So much for allowing the bible to dictate foreign policy!  :lol

.......... or so the Germans would have us believe....

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
Yikes, I posted a fox news link and mentioned the ship hitting the sand and asked what might be Iran's response. Not sure what's offensive about that, oh well. If someone was offended by this my apologies but Iran as a threat to world security is not going away even if we ignore it.

Israel's exercise certainly could be seen as saber rattling. However, they have a history of following through on their threats. I have little doubt that if Iran is in fact pursuing development of nuclear weapons they will be attacked. I hope slipknot is correct in his assessment but I doubt it.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »

-war against Israel (Ezekiel 38)
- total destruction of the Babylon described in  Jeremiah 50,Isaiah 13,Daniel,Revelation 17.

Beside the fact that I dont believe in this religious texts in which some hypersensitive people may believe:

Babylon was an old city-empire of the semitic race. It existed centuries before the iranians entered the region.

The semitic Babylon was finally conquered by the achaemenid iranians of the aryan race and became part of their Persian Empire.

Today Babylon is in the country called Iraq. So - if you really want to believe in the religeous prophecies the total destruction of Babylon/Iraq already was accomplished.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:47:50 AM by babek- »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
Beside the fact that I dont believe in this religious bla bla:

Careful what you say, some may be hypersensitive and consider this offensive.

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »
Careful what you say, some may be hypersensitive and consider this offensive.

OK - I modified the text. :)

Nevertheless it remains a funny fact that someone would compare Babylon with Iran.
If there was a typical semitic high culture city-nation then it would be Babylon.

Iran on the other side conquered the semitic states but it was never one. In fact the semitic arabs are the traditional enemy of Iran. One of their leader, Saddam, attacked us and fought an 8year war against us. And he considered himself the reborn leader of the old Babylon.

So its ridiculöous for an iranian if someone take Babylon for Iran. Hope that this sentence wont be considered as an insult by hypersensitive Babylon-Fans. ;)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 11:57:11 AM »
Yeah... I'm liking where this thread is goin'.  Religion debates on the internet are always fun.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
So its ridiculöous for an iranian if someone take Babylon for Iran. Hope that this sentence wont be considered as an insult by hypersensitive Babylon-Fans.

Probably just an honest mistake on Ghi's part. I do think that it is a pretty funny one though.  :D

I don't think Israel will allow Iran's nuclear program to get to the point where they can build nuclear weapons. They will pull off an air strike similar to the one in 81.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
Yeah... I'm liking where this thread is goin'.  Religion debates on the internet are always fun.

It's also a good way to hijack a thread, too. The Isreali's will more than likely bomb any potential Iranian weapons' facility's. They did with the Iraqi's, and they just recently hit the Syrian's. Look at the responses' in both of those incidents.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
It's also a good way to hijack a thread, too. The Isreali's will more than likely bomb any potential Iranian weapons' facility's. They did with the Iraqi's, and they just recently hit the Syrian's. Look at the responses' in both of those incidents.

Amadmanjihad has been doing a lot of sabre rattling himself in the last few years. If Israel strikes his nuke facilities without a response from Iran he will lose face, unrecoverably. Perhaps he is only a paper tiger, time may tell and it could be soon.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
OK - I modified the text. :)

I wasn't offended but it seems there may be some around here that are pretty easily.

Something from today.

"The U.N. nuclear watchdog chief warned in comments aired Saturday that any military strike on Iran could turn the Mideast into a "ball of fire" and lead the country to a more aggressive stance on its controversial nuclear program."

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't the middle east becoming a ball fire kinda prevent Iran from continuing it's nuke development program more aggressively? Sounds like this guy is hedging his bet.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:41:25 PM by AKIron »

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
That one alone pretty much sums it up.  You do NOT want to mess with Israel.  Period, end of story.

Track record?  Look what happened when Israel was threatened by not one but a few countries at once :O   http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761570433/six-day_war.html

The war described in Ezekiel 38, is future not history: Persia /Iran did not yet attack Israel after its rebirth in "48, as described below.
"""
Ezekiel 38;

4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush [c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
 7 " 'Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them.8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate 8  They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9  8....

Sorry i don't want to hijak the thread, just answering what i think about the initial Q:
"What do you think Iran's response would be to an attack by Israel?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:18:56 PM by ghi »

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
I don't think that anyone is this thread has mentioned the fact that Iran chooses to fight it's wars by proxy.  you're not going to see big air an naval battles........you're going to see random acts of terror...such as moms, dads and kids blown up at a nebraska mcdonalds.....etc....

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »

The books of Revelation ,including ch .17 were written in aprox.70AD, and  are visions of future ,total destruction of a "great city" ,"in 1 hour"  "Mystery Babylon" "Daughter of Babylon" not history of literally ancient city of Babylon wich btw. was never total destroyed by Persia but remained inhabited hundreds of years after