Author Topic: Will Israel attack Iran?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Re: Will Israel attack Iran?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:25 AM »
100% accuracy in your mind, Storch. I'll answer the main point of your post, as I think it covers the rest:

...how was it possible for a person who some claim was clearly deranged to have come up with the concept/vision so far back in history that the lexicon of the time did not contain the verbage he needed to communicate his idea?

It's simply a matter of the percentages game. How many dozens, hundreds, thousands of other prophesies have not come true? Repeatedly throw a dart at a dart-board whilst blindfolded and you'll get a bulls-eye eventually.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »
Can you quote that? I mean from the bible itself, not someone's interpretation.

Hi Iron..Here are the references to the earth standing still.

Job38:4,1Samuel 2:8,Psalms 93:1,Joshua 10:12

**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »

I know of those, you mentioned the sun revolving around the earth.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
The Bible does not explicitly state the earth revolves around the sun(you are correct)...The writers of the Bible assumed everyone already knew (thought) that.So it only makes reference to the earth as the center of our known universe.

If the Bible had made reference to us and other planets orbitting the sun,that would be slam dunk evidence that the Bible is God's word and of his existence.

But the good book gets it all wrong and is in itself evidence that God is man-made..And it shows.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:11:40 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 12:10:36 PM »
dp
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Err... Babylon no longer exists as a city and was a ruin 200 years before the birth of Christ. Furthermore, it's remains are 50 miles from Baghdad.

So in summary - wrong country, wrong target. So much for allowing the bible to dictate foreign policy!  :lol

obviously you don't read the bible,(and if you do, you have no comprehension) the Babylon, they are referring to is Israel.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
obviously you don't read the bible,(and if you do, you have no comprehension) the Babylon, they are referring to is Israel.

Wrong. The Babylon they are referring to is the city of Babylon whose ruins are south of Baghdad.

Here's a website evangelising the prophesies in the bible. Perhaps you should take up their errors with them.

http://www.biblebasics.co.uk/arch/arch12.htm

War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
Non-scholarly religious debates are worse than banging my head against the wall.  :rolleyes:
This thread is hopelessly off-track.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »

so lets see     

JOB 38: " were where you when i laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding."

1Samuel: 2-8  "He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap,, to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory, for the pillars of the earth are Yahaveh's (The LORDS), and he has set the world upon them."

Joshua:10-12,then Joshua spoke to Yahaveh in the day when Yahaveh deliverd up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel:"sun stand still over Gibeon;and Moon, in the valley of Aijalon."
          10-13, so the sun stood still,and the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge upon there enemies. is this not written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
          10-14, and there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that Yahaveh, heeded the voice of a man; for Yahaveh fought for Israel."

So much for your earth standing still "quotes"

here is a prophesy for ya   

Joel  2-5;   "with a noise like chariots over Mountaintops they leap,like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble, like a strong people set in battle array."

i wounder how this writer knew people would leap  over mountaintops? imagine what the people of his day thought about that!

to you people who believe this world when it says "there is no God"  i pity you, for you follow Satan and will inherit his cup!!
for he is the GOD of this world!!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
Wrong. The Babylon they are referring to is the city of Babylon whose ruins are south of Baghdad.

Here's a website evangelising the prophesies in the bible. Perhaps you should take up their errors with them.

http://www.biblebasics.co.uk/arch/arch12.htm

sorry but i dont listen to what men say the bible says, i read it for myself and ask Yahaveh for understanding!

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »
nostradamus was 75% wrong. 

Yes was wrong , but but his predictions are pointing  to Persia also, and may lead to another possible answer to the initial question in topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfltcV_f4xM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7soQzdDp0Rg&feature=related

I been watching this movie during Cold War when a WW3 between Russia and West could blow up anytime and was 100% fantasy at that time. But,in the last 20 years, the world has changed a lot in the direction predicted by Nostradamus  : the end of Cold War  , New York was already hit by islamic terrorists and the tensions between Israel,West  vs islamic fascists and Persia are rising every day. I don't believe all of it,  but scenario  in this documentary has more chances to became reality than was 20 years ago.

storch

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »
100% accuracy in your mind, Storch. I'll answer the main point of your post, as I think it covers the rest:

It's simply a matter of the percentages game. How many dozens, hundreds, thousands of other prophesies have not come true? Repeatedly throw a dart at a dart-board whilst blindfolded and you'll get a bulls-eye eventually.
no not in my mind.  run the numbers for yourself on just prophecy in the hebrew bible and you will see.  100% accurate 100% of the time.  it is infallable and quite impressive. 

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
The Bible does not explicitly state the earth revolves around the sun(you are correct)...The writers of the Bible assumed everyone already knew (thought) that.So it only makes reference to the earth as the center of our known universe.

If the Bible had made reference to us and other planets orbitting the sun,that would be slam dunk evidence that the Bible is God's word and of his existence.

But the good book gets it all wrong and is in itself evidence that God is man-made..And it shows.

Thank you for admitting there was no "whoops". In regards to the earth being the center of the universe, though again I don't think you will find any proclamation of this in the Bible, perhaps the earth is in fact the center of the universe, well, at least as much as any other point in the universe.  http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/Cosmos/ExpandUni.html

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2008, 02:24:40 PM »
to you people who believe this world when it says "there is no God"  i pity you, for you follow Satan and will inherit his cup!!
for he is the GOD of this world!!
[/quote]

Your not giving me a choice there bro.How samaritain of you....I choose to follow neither.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
I suppose the references to bible prophecy were inevitable in a thread about war in the middle east though it was not my intent to induce them. I believe Israel will attack Iran's nuke development sites eventually, maybe sooner rather than later. Of course no one knows for sure what Iran's response will be, not even amadmanjihad himself if he is still in leadership. More important perhaps than Iran's response will be Russia's and China's reaction to an Israeli attack. We do indeed live in interesting times.