Author Topic: Will Israel attack Iran?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
Re: Will Israel attack Iran?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
The war described in Ezekiel 38, is future not history

Considering when the Bible was written, the future IS now.  What is written in Ezekiel 38 could happen anytime.  Only The Man himselfs knows exactly when.

(BTW, I was not referring that to the 6 day war in my earlier post, if thats what you were thinking)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:46:01 PM by Roundeye »
"Rotorhed"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »
So basically, the bible the predicts the destruction of a city at some point in the future, which could have been in the last 2500 years?

Wow. That is specific.

Specific bullpoop.

Carthage was pretty much levelled in 150 BC. Dresden looked good in 1945. Grozny in the '90s looked like a great place to hang out. Or do we have other vague predictions to triangulate this great prediction? Perhaps we can rope in Nostradamus into this as well?

Weirdos.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:41:43 PM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »
So basically, the bible the predicts the destruction of a city at some point in the future, which could have been in the last 2500 years?

Wow. That is specific.

Specific bullpoop.

Carthage was pretty much levelled in 150 BC. Dresden looked good in 1945. Grozny in the '90s looked like a great place to hang out. Or do we have other vague predictions to triangulate this great prediction? Perhaps we can rope in Nostradamus into this as well?

Weirdos.

Certainly there is much more predicted than just the end of an unnamed city. Even an apparent skeptic such as yourself must find at least interesting predictions from over 2000 years ago of world war and apocalypse centered in a region that has been of little interest for the past couple of thousand years? Consider that all the world's focus is on this relatively tiny region to the extent that any major power's attempt to take control of the middle east would likely spark a war of unimaginable proportions. Perhaps the prophesied battle of Armageddon doesn't sound quite so far fetched? 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »
Yes. Wild theorising using an overactive imagination and vague translations of ancient texts, often written in dead languages, has me quivering in my boots. Anyone can predict the future.

Sometime in the future men will die.

Easy.

Even an apparent skeptic such as yourself must find at least interesting predictions from over 2000 years ago of world war and apocalypse centered in a region that has been of little interest for the past couple of thousand years?

The middle east is where these mystics lived, spouted their spiel and then died... with no experience of the outside world or other continents than their own. And would you believe it... their prophesy is centred on this place? Oh, the insightfulness! The genius! What a turn up for the books!

People want to believe in 'the sky is falling' scenarios. They jazz up otherwise boring lives and maybe justify mundane existences with the hope that it will all end in a great 'levelling' event. I guess it is kind of like the ultimate form of Marxism, in an ironic way.

Fortunately, most Christian types I've known weren't obsessed with the concept like many on here are.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:59:04 PM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
Dang, beat me to it :P
I think there's more to learn from than nostrabogus and other mystical crackpots, in writing like Campbell's noticing the folklore trend away from mysticism, and the gap/yearning it has left in "modern" people and their empiricism/rationalism.  It's a lot more interesting and telling to see the clockwork producing the theories, than just taking the theories for granted.  Especialy if the theories are as vague as 5$ automated fortune teller ticker-tapes.
The middle east is where these mystics lived, spouted their spiel and then died... with no experience of the outside world or other continents than their own. And would you believe it... their prophesy is centred on this place? Oh, the insightfulness! The genius! What a turn up for the books!
:lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:07:26 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
I think the bottom line here is, while the rest of the world pontificates around these countires and tries every so-called diplomatic pollitically correct method of dealing with thier continued push toward nuclear capability. Israel simply will not take their crap and deal with it swiftly and decisively.
How do you think the USA would react to an openly hostile Mexico developing Nucelar capability? It's a lot easier to get all proper and dimplomatic if it's not on your doorstep.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
 :noid
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »
Yes. Wild theorising using an overactive imagination and vague translations of ancient texts, often written in dead languages, has me quivering in my boots. Anyone can predict the future.

Sometime in the future men will die.

Easy.

People want to believe in 'the sky is falling' scenarios. They jazz up otherwise boring lives and maybe justify mundane existences with the hope that it will all end in a great 'levelling' event. I guess it is kind of like the ultimate form of Marxism, in an ironic way.

Fortunately, most Christian types I've known weren't obsessed with the concept like many on here are.

And yet they prophesied a 200 million strong army in this battle. A number that was hardly conceivable then yet one which China boasts today.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
Especialy if the theories are as vague as 5$ automated fortune teller ticker-tapes.

I just love it when maths is brought into the equation... and on cue:

And yet they prophesied a 200 million strong army in this battle. A number that was hardly conceivable then yet one which China boasts today.

Like Dr. Evil in Austin Powers, the prophesy merchants would dream up some vast number to emphasize their point. These stories were first told orally before being written down - all the more reason to exaggerate and use superlative after superlative.

storch

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
nostradamus was 75% wrong.  pardon me for interjecting but the bible has a 100% accuracy record when it comes to prophesy.  yup that's right 100%. 

I will point you to some facts written millenia ago completely describing our world today and how we get our information.  open your mind to the source, weigh the information on it's merit alone if you are objective enough to do so.  I will not write the subject verses for you.  if you are sufficiently interested go find a copy of the book of revelations and read chapter 11 commencing at verse 7.  my commentary here is my interpretation of what I read. 

two men who are speaking on God's behalf in jerusalem, upon the orders of the one world power will be executed publically before the whole world to see.  these corpse will be left to decompose in the hot middle eastern sun.  the world (which at this time will mostly be void of believers in the one true God) will gloat over the deaths of these men and revel in their demise even as their bodies fester and fall apart.  three and one half days will pass after which time they will be resusitated again before the eyes of the whole world.  with the whole world watching and with the news being proclaimed in every language these men will be lifted into God's bosom. 

there is further prophecy concerning the identity of these men and there are clues as to who they are which is also in the bible.  these are men who were born millenia ago, never suffered death precisely for this mission they are to perform (more on their identities in some future posting).  back to the topic.  how is it possible for the whole world to see an event in real time and in every language?  riddle me that.  how was it possible for a person who some claim was clearly deranged to have come up with the concept/vision so far back in history that the lexicon of the time did not contain the verbage he needed to communicate his idea?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
Perhaps the prophesied battle of Armageddon doesn't sound quite so far fetched? 

It isn't far fetched at all..In fact that's what all religions have in common.The nutbag belief that we live a grovelling worthless existance,and the common desire to bring on the apocolypse.

From Bin Laden's attempt to start the ball rolling to the wacko jewish settlers in the West Bank.

Isreal must be protected and Iran must not be allowed to violate the non-proliferation treaty.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
pardon me for interjecting but the bible has a 100% accuracy record when it comes to prophesy.  yup that's right 100%. 

What about all the other religions and their "prophesies"?...How can you eliminate dozens(or hundreds) of other "books" and embrace one?Why not be consistant and go one "book" further? Then we can begin intelligent discussion.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

storch

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 10:36:10 AM »
their prophesies are not 100% fulfilled, they are not inerrant.  you have to have 100% accuracy or else it's BS.  I didn't make the rules up I just work here, you may want to take it up with management and not with me.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:02 AM »
their prophesies are not 100% fulfilled, they are not inerrant.  you have to have 100% accuracy or else it's BS.  I didn't make the rules up I just work here, you may want to take it up with management and not with me.

I tell you what.If you can prove a 100% accuracy rate,I'll order a case of Pat Robertson Protein Shakes.

I'll even ignore the prophesy in the Bible that says the sun revolves around the earth...Whoops!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
I'll even ignore the prophesy in the Bible that says the sun revolves around the earth...Whoops!

Can you quote that? I mean from the bible itself, not someone's interpretation.