Author Topic: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2008, 11:58:55 PM »
I have only flown bish but ill share my observations:

ROOKS:  Larger percentage of score potatos ( to use the vernacular).  Only country that will deack and field and vulch without any intent of taking a base.  When coalt planes show up they move to another undefended vulchable field.  Will not defend a base against poor odds.  Dredger AND COMPANY excluded...they seem willing to run missions and dont seem to stress out about dying.  I believe that explains the zazen observation of better k/d.  If you have more score and k/d driven squads then you will have a better country k/d. By far the most ikely to fill ch 200 with excuses and insults when they die.

Knights:  unfortunately dont seem to like to defend.  They dont seem to be organized excpet for Rox missions which i respect but often seem like overkill.  Still at least they get to be offensive some times and that is good.

Bish:  dunno about how most play as i have never been on the recieving end.  funguys to fly with and a number of squads and guys who ike to organize.  WILL up capped fields and defend...sometimes to a fault. 

:rofl

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 01:51:43 AM »
some people are content with taking off, hitting autoclimb, going for a walk, coming back when they reach 25K and picking opponents and then running when they lose total advantage, so they can point to their score and make the proclamation that they are a superior player.. when in reality they couldent slap their way out of a paper bag if they were on even terms.

others will wing up in 3s or 4s, but yet avoid furballs to group cherry pick single aircraft, all the while proclaiming that they avoid furballs for a "fair fight" and and have true skill.

yet there are others who will come in on the deck for strategic advantage knowing full well if things do not goo 100% as planned that they will be in for a uphill battle, being low alt, low E, but yet this is the path best suited for their goals, and that is a risk they are willing to take.

"SCORE"  as seen in the roster is an utter JOKE  anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who wants to could dedicate 2 days to bombing strat, cherrypicking furballs, caming VHs in a panzer, and attacking strat in "attack" mode and gain a rank in the top 50 in the game.  without having a single ounce of real skill whatsoever.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 01:55:10 AM »
Ive been playing bish and AH for about 2 years now and only been on both darksides a couple times. Seems to me the bish has the most close ties with eachother, but some would disagree. how would you rate your country in this category

I think so many have missed the point of what you started here Tralfz. So let me put it in a different way. It's about comraderie folks. Sorry I forgot that too Tralfz. I initially had it right though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 03:15:33 AM »
Well honestly this just shows you have never been a rook, It goes by which country has an offense. I have many times seen bishops and knights above 15k and everyone whines rooks are higher. Yes I have been a bishop and was on the knights for an entire tour, honestly rooks don't fly any higher, but when your on the defense all the time taking off from a capped base then yes you can say "they only come in at 25k".
Now honestly what alt is the standard alt to fly at? Your right there isn't one.

This particular night I was upping a base back from the fight.  Each time up I had to go higher yet to try to get co-alt with the Rooks.  A 23K I finally did it.  It wasn't like I was climbing off a capped base; just trying to come in co-alt with the cherry pickers.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 03:19:52 AM »
I have only flown bish but ill share my observations:

ROOKS:  Larger percentage of score potatos ( to use the vernacular).  Only country that will deack and field and vulch without any intent of taking a base.  When coalt planes show up they move to another undefended vulchable field.  Will not defend a base against poor odds.  Dredger AND COMPANY excluded...they seem willing to run missions and dont seem to stress out about dying.  I believe that explains the zazen observation of better k/d.  If you have more score and k/d driven squads then you will have a better country k/d. By far the most ikely to fill ch 200 with excuses and insults when they die.

Knights:  unfortunately dont seem to like to defend.  They dont seem to be organized excpet for Rox missions which i respect but often seem like overkill.  Still at least they get to be offensive some times and that is good.

Bish:  dunno about how most play as i have never been on the recieving end.  funguys to fly with and a number of squads and guys who ike to organize.  WILL up capped fields and defend...sometimes to a fault. 

Thats about the same i see, maybe I don't play the best hours for bish because when i get on Bish are out numbered and being ran over. Also the score potato statement about rooks is dead on from my point of view also, when ever i fly against rooks i always look for the pickers and know I'll be chasing if i can get on some ones 6.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »
On the bish side you fly with the hoard or fly alone.There's no in between. I left the Bish because they'd have 30 or 40 guys following Ghi around ransacking bases while others were left to fight the rooks and nits by themselves.The Bish have the funnest squads. The Sick Puppies are a true brotherhood of friends that I have yet to find in the other countries.But they're diehard bish and probably consider me a traitor for switching sides.
The Nits are just there.Nothing about them really stands out to me.I find them boring to fight with and against.
The Rooks have the better pilots, but are more rigid in the squad operations and stick to a overall plan well.I think the most experienced players are rooks, and have a better understanding about the game. Although they rarely resupply or hit strat targets.
Lighten up Francis

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »
This particular night I was upping a base back from the fight.  Each time up I had to go higher yet to try to get co-alt with the Rooks.  A 23K I finally did it.  It wasn't like I was climbing off a capped base; just trying to come in co-alt with the cherry pickers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This particular night I was upping a base back from the fight.  Each time up I had to go higher yet to try to get co-alt with the knights.  A 23K I finally did it.  It wasn't like I was climbing off a capped base; just trying to come in co-alt with the cherry pickers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This particular night I was upping a base back from the fight.  Each time up I had to go higher yet to try to get co-alt with the Bishops.  A 23K I finally did it.  It wasn't like I was climbing off a capped base; just trying to come in co-alt with the cherry pickers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common people ,really now, I have flown on all three sides and I promise you there is no difference, I don't care what anyone says, this is all total BS, all alt monkeys on all sides try and top each other, rooks don't fly any higher then knits or bish do. I can remember some Knit friends takeing me up to 17k, when i asked them why so high they said cause the dweebie bish fly at 15k.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all three countrys are same same, same stuff, get over it, now go and play.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »
The other sides have some real vulch/spawn heros too, most of all the Bish. Tho I'd probably agree the Rooks have the most.

How would I know if I dont vulch myself? Last night I was watching the map where we had a huge presence at a Bish field, 53 I think, and I never saw one green dot go near the town. :lol Besides, Ive dropped enough ords at bases where these prolonged vulches linger.

We have a few guys, whom I wont name and probably dont have to, that will spend entire evenings de-acking a uncontested field and then running their scores up anytime some poor schmuck tries taking off. So the next time you give WTGs, or think this stupid scoring system means anything, think about that. One such goof, I'll call the vulch Queen here, circles in his C-Hog barking out orders while he runs up kills. AND runs at the first sign of co-Alt trouble.

Nothing wrong with capping a base as long as capture is part of the plan. But there are Vulch Queens on all 3 teams, while yes, the Rooks are probably the worst.

And missions? Over 1/2 the rook missions we ran last night had one nitwit in it that gave it away. Whether they are spies, are new, or are plain incompetent, without mission leader control over mission members I suspect there will be less and less missions and more mindless furballing and vulching.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »
all three countrys are same same, same stuff, get over it, now go and play.

Exactly, if your taking off a CAP'ed field then sure it seems like <insert country here> is coming in at 20k - same with tank town of any map.

Now one thing I have observed - its usually P51/Spitfires/Fw190s/N1k's that regularly fly at 15k, with some exceptions like WMLute proved time after time he can spank anyone at 2k or 15k.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 01:44:53 PM »
The other sides have some real vulch/spawn heros too, most of all the Bish. Tho I'd probably agree the Rooks have the most.

How would I know if I dont vulch myself? Last night I was watching the map where we had a huge presence at a Bish field, 53 I think, and I never saw one green dot go near the town. :lol Besides, Ive dropped enough ords at bases where these prolonged vulches linger.

We have a few guys, whom I wont name and probably dont have to, that will spend entire evenings de-acking a uncontested field and then running their scores up anytime some poor schmuck tries taking off. So the next time you give WTGs, or think this stupid scoring system means anything, think about that. One such goof, I'll call the vulch Queen here, circles in his C-Hog barking out orders while he runs up kills. AND runs at the first sign of co-Alt trouble.

Nothing wrong with capping a base as long as capture is part of the plan. But there are Vulch Queens on all 3 teams, while yes, the Rooks are probably the worst.

And missions? Over 1/2 the rook missions we ran last night had one nitwit in it that gave it away. Whether they are spies, are new, or are plain incompetent, without mission leader control over mission members I suspect there will be less and less missions and more mindless furballing and vulching.

Nice to see an honest rook :salute

As to Slash who has become my number one ankle humper...i guess sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees...but since you are an AvA staff member I guess your obvious success in developing game play should make us pause and respect your opinion more.  Please continue beating dead horses and carry on... :rolleyes:
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
Man, you're easy. Bordering on sissy.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
we tour all countrys due to the 173rd having friends on all sides. we do call the Knights Home and we spen three tours there before touring with the rooks and Bishops
 :rock
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »
if you fly on only one side all the time your missing out on two thirds of the people you could get to know. There are a number of guys I hate getting shot down by, and I used to really hate them. Now that I've flown with most of them from switching sides, most are nice guys, and fun to fly with. At least now they apologize after they shoot me down   :D

Which echoes my sentiments.   I'll change to Bish every now and then to wing with friends and share some laughs along the way.

Started out the game (three gameIDs ago) as a knight. Went Bishop this go round and have winged with a few rooks that I respect. I would have to agree that the Bish nation is the most loyal and has the most players that fly exclusively with their "country".

:rock

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:46:38 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2008, 09:45:38 PM »
Which can easily explain the Rooks higher K/D rate.  If you fly with every advantage it's easier to attain a high K/D.

I was flying against Rooks the other night.  I flew to 15K and they were higher.  The next sortie I was at 17K and they were higher.  The next sortie I was at 20K and they were still higher.  Finally I upped a Spit XIV and flew to 23K to start co-alt.  I've never had to do that against Knights as a matter of course.

Please, you can stop the generalizing and leave a bunch of Rooks out of this crap.   Because that is really all that it is.   To deny the Bish or Knights do this crap as well, is crap.   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:47:10 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »
loyalty to one country went out when the MA became 4 arena's, when the countries have lower numbers. most the time when i log in bish have the low numbers....rooks and nits always have lot of ppl.

everyone knows my squad has commitment issues. we belong to no one country..we fly where we want when we want. we have flown bish more than any other due to the fact that we fly with the TSM squad and have been for like almost 2 years now.

all countries have their ups and downs. they are the same just different ppl. i agree that if you DONT switch you wont meet everyone that is in the game. there are ALOT that dont tune to 200 and ALOT that you won't run into in the game.

this is only MHO :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!