Author Topic: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?  (Read 2489 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
Ive been playing bish and AH for about 2 years now and only been on both darksides a couple times. Seems to me the bish has the most close ties with eachother, but some would disagree. how would you rate your country in this category
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
bishops rule  :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »
I have heard that the bish are the tightest group in AH and perhaps the most cuddly, if reports of the Bish pajama parties are to be believed.

:noid
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:25:45 AM »
chess pieces. nothing more. if there's someone i don't like flying with me, i'll change sides. if i need to to find a fight i'll change sides. doesn't really matter. i'm friendly with almost everyne in here,

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
All countries are more or less the same.  They have the same mixture of furballers, hordlings, strat guys, nice guys, jerks, characters, and jokesters.  As well as the occasional gal.

I think perception of difference is just an opinion based on limited exposure/experience.  I used to believe that there were certain traits but the more I flew with the folks on the three countries I realized it's pretty homogeneous.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
From my limited bouncing around Bish have been more friendly for sure, always some one in the area that says hello and most a great to fly with. Nits had some guys that talked and welcomed me there, Rooks i felt like I had Leprosy.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
if you fly on only one side all the time your missing out on two thirds of the people you could get to know. There are a number of guys I hate getting shot down by, and I used to really hate them. Now that I've flown with most of them from switching sides, most are nice guys, and fun to fly with. At least now they apologize after they shoot me down   :D

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
I have close ties with alot of players. Some from each country. I stay in Rookland but get to fly with about everyone at one time or another when they come to visit. Am I loyal to a chess piece? No, but my Squadron is Rooks only and I'm loyal to them.  :salute
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »
Started out the game (three gameIDs ago) as a knight. Went Bishop this go round and have winged with a few rooks that I respect. I would have to agree that the Bish nation is the most loyal and has the most players that fly exclusively with their "country".
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 01:44:29 PM »
i actually meet more people by dieing then anything else.  one time me and this guy got to talking about how many hispano shots my 190-d took and didnt stop talking until i had to go.

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
I've been playing this game now for 4 or 5 years.  I honestly can't remember when I first joined.

I started out as a Bishop and my first name was SEgunner then it was SEstud.       No offense to  the SE's but I just got burned out playing as a Bish.  I even tried to get the squad to go Knights but that was shot down.     

I left the Bish and went Rook for about a week and not one person would say a word to me.  I would give check 6's and say WTG to fellow Rook players but I was shunned.
The next week I went Knights and the guys and gals there are very cordial and fun to fly with.   Within 2 weeks I was with the VMF441st BlackJacks and the rest is history.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 01:58:14 PM »
Bish are the most friendly, any time I end up back over there I have to spend a couple of minutes responding to everyone's greetings (which is a good thing). The Rooks, on the other hand, are harder to get along with in general but there are some fantastic characters over there. My squad flys Rooks most of the time so I spend most of my time with them. The Rooks are by far the most useful in a dogfight. I always find that there are more Rooks willing to jump in and help if you're in trouble (and actually make something of it while they're at it) than the other sides. No slight against the Bish, there just seems to be a larger group of 'fighter types' on the Rooks.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »
All countries are more or less the same.  They have the same mixture of furballers, hordlings, strat guys, nice guys, jerks, characters, and jokesters.  As well as the occasional gal.

I think perception of difference is just an opinion based on limited exposure/experience.  I used to believe that there were certain traits but the more I flew with the folks on the three countries I realized it's pretty homogeneous.
yup, I have no idea why people think one country is better/worse than the next.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
Where I did a little country hopping for a tour - I found Arch's point right - bish wont help you but are quite loyal, knits are quite friendly yet either horde or completely out numbered - and Rooks are generally better fighter pilots, but well we have drdeath, tripl5 and valdals
so yeah each country has its up and downs.

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »
My squad has flown all the countries and in the end they are all the same. Alot of squeakers, alot of armchair genrals, and alot Noobs ,but no matter where you go you will be able to find a few guys, that are helpful, intelligent, friendly and just fun to fly with. I say go with what ever chess piece fit you, cause it's really the same.
 :rock

*actually rooks are better, I just had to give you the diplomatic answer first :devil......
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78