Author Topic: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Rook, Nit or Bish?? who has the close ties?
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
yes they are tight and all fly the same way. HO, RAM, and vulch    :D

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2008, 01:02:48 PM »

Bish are friendly with one another but you will NEVER ever get a "Check 6" from 'em. bish talk on channel a lot too, not much range talk. and i think the reason why bish are known to be "touchy feely" is because it seems like there are a lot of die hard bishies and you dont see much of that on the other squads(not saying that its a good thing)

-Ian5440-

Must be flying with around the new guys, thats the only time I can't get a check 6. My squad is small and we don't get on the same hours so i have made friends with the U.S. late night bish and don't run into that problem to much. In fact I've been hearing more people calling out plane types and distance and altitudes. That said it just depends on whose flying next to you, some people just won't give a check and others like me may give checks to everyone if i see it.

AVA of late has had great co-operation on the allied side, I'm sure the AXIS has also. Might want to try it out some time.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »
I dont fly perk airplanes so I dont care what the eny is. I stay Rook cause I have loyalty to fellow Rooks, not to chess pieces.

I would say the teamwork is much better in Rookdom. Plus if you need help the chances of help getting to you is much better.

I dont think we "run" away from fights as bad as the Bish and Nits, most of all "Bish". If I see a Bish FW-run90, a runphoon, or a runstang, Im pretty much assured its going to be one HO and then "run". Providing the kid didnt run into me. Actually they arent as bad in LAs but those 3 are terrible Bish-wise. And the Bish Nikis aint much better.

With the Bish iys like you run into total skill or total dweebery. Theres no in between.

How would you know what Bishland or Knightland is like if you always "Stay Rook"?

Speaking from the viewpoint of a Bishop player, There are good and bad guys on all sides. It does seem to me that there is a core group of Bishops that are "Die Hard" Bish and would NEVER switch sides. While there are skilled players on all three rosters, I think that the Bishops are a little better at cooperating. I seldom enter a furball without getting 6 calls and position reports. Also if you encounter one Bishop who is in a squad, chances are he is not alone. Based on my experiences the Bishop squads are very tight and usually fly together more so than in the other two countries. When members of our squad wing with friends from other countries we follow one "chiseled in stone" rule: We never fight the Bishops.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Where I did a little country hopping for a tour - I found Arch's point right - bish wont help you but are quite loyal, knits are quite friendly yet either horde or completely out numbered - and Rooks are generally better fighter pilots, but well we have drdeath, tripl5 and valdals
so yeah each country has its up and downs.

you mean when you spied on our missionz to rule he world and ruined my score forever!?!

when are u coming back? ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2008, 04:09:26 PM »

Bishops, in general, have little to no interest in a protracted air fight, they just want to take as many undefended fields per unit time as possible. Usually after they attack an undefended field with an overwhelming force and some resistance manages to form before they affect capture, they get their butts whipped. Instead of coming back to try again and create a furball they "mass-quit" and look for some other undefended field on the map to swarm. Bishops will always abandon a fight to join a mission to attack some undefended base on the edge of nowhere.

Bishops have a couple of very large squadrons composed largely of new players and/or those posessing very little individual fighter combat skill. This predominance tends to lend itself well to the creation of large missions which allow the relatively unskilled/inexperienced individuals to share some measure of success as a part of the mission they could not otherwise possibly hope to obtain alone.

Rooks are unabashed furballers, they are the antithesis to Bishops. Rooks will always forego base capturing if there's a furball to be had. In my opinion Rooks are the most fighter friendly country, but the least land-grab friendly one. Rooks are by far the best combat communicators and their mutual support in fights is very realistic and effective. This whole "fights-first" mindset is why the missions dudes get so frustrated on Rooks. If there's a good furball happening there's cricket's chirping in their mission rooms which naturally has an adverse effect on their effectiveness at the real estate aspect of the game.. Rooks have the highest proportion of experienced and talented fighter pilots and the lowest number of real estate broker types.

Knights are an amalgam, in a way I feel sorry for them as they lack the 'super-squads" that tend to generate country cohesiveness. Knights are decent at everything but great at nothing. Knights will try to be like Bish sometimes and horde capture, but lack the Bish-like Borg-Servant mindset to do it very effectively. At times they will try to be like Rooks and furball but their combat communication is very poor compared to Rooks and their squads are relatively small so fewer people tend to operate in close mutual support of one another in a fight. Over-time the hardcore real-estate junkies have migrated to Bish and the fighter purists have left for Rooks leaving Knights with a homogeneous blend of neither extreme. This makes them adaptable and versatile but at the same time less effective at any particular aspect overall.

fantastic post... very true!
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »

When members of our squad wing with friends from other countries we follow one "chiseled in stone" rule: We never fight the Bishops.

I am currently flying rook and have fought with you when I was bish.  I make a point of fighting the bish cause I enjoy tussling with old squadies and friends.  It is much more fun than fighting complete strangers.  You might want to try it.  I periodically fly bish to wing with some of my old buddies and have no problem fighting Rooks.

p.s.  I fully agree with Zazen13's assessment of the three countries (although I have never flow nit.)

~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
Sherie's been a rook each time I've seen her logged on in the past years.

Is that her in-game name?  I've never seen her that I can recall.  Only been playing about 2 years or so tho. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »
Erica or LovlyDeth was or is rook but i haven't seen her on in a while
Lighten up Francis

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Is that her in-game name?  I've never seen her that I can recall.  Only been playing about 2 years or so tho. 
Yep, that's her CPID.  Actually, may not have the 'e' at the end. I don't recall.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2008, 10:30:13 AM »
When members of our squad wing with friends from other countries we follow one "chiseled in stone" rule: We never fight the Bishops.

When you gonna come on ovah?!    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »
How would you know what Bishland or Knightland is like if you always "Stay Rook"?

Wasnt always Rook.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
i'm friendly with almost everyne in here,
:noid

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"