Author Topic: AH Community question.....fix kill stealing?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: AH Community question.....fix kill stealing?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 05:51:12 AM »
Of course, the late kills you get that should have been assists (when somebody else finishes off a con), we are all still cool with that right? Why no posts about how wrong, and unfair that is, and wether it can be "fixed"? 

Actually, I've seen plenty of complaints over the last decade or so (in more than one sim...) - but no reasonable solutions!

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 06:29:33 AM »
hehe, I can think of a couple of squads that would give every kill to their leader

true  :noid
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »
"Actually, I've seen plenty of complaints over the last decade or so (in more than one sim...) - but no reasonable solutions!"

I cant remember one.

...In the end, they more than balance each other out, the # you may get "stolen" (which imho, many are only in the minds of some), added to the # you got where in reality somebody else shot the con down, and it should have been an assist. Thats my point. In other words, who cares. Up again, and have fun.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »
"Actually, I've seen plenty of complaints over the last decade or so (in more than one sim...) - but no reasonable solutions!"

I cant remember one.

...In the end, they more than balance each other out, the # you may get "stolen" (which imho, many are only in the minds of some), added to the # you got where in reality somebody else shot the con down, and it should have been an assist. Thats my point. In other words, who cares. Up again, and have fun.

I didn't say I don't agree - I agree, they even out anyway, so it's a bunch of to do over nada. Just saying that I remember reading both here and elsewhere any number of times where folks moan that they pump an apparently undamaged con full of lead only to get an assist - which is precisely what you are referring too.
<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
killstealing from each other is a time honored tradition in my squad.   :noid

Heck, yeah. 

Improves gunnery, too.   Shoot 'em until they pop.

The best is when you steal the kill and the other guy killshooters himself.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
I like the idea of being able to give ur kill to someone.  I think it would help make people feel better. Also you would have to make it so that you had got a hit on it for it to be able to be given to you.  Also sometimes you might think you have killed em when you haven't.  One time for example one time i knocked PART of a p-47's wing off and thought I had a kill.  It then dove down and started shooting someone when someone killed em.  I though he stole my kill but he kindly explained that p-47's could fly with only half a wing.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
As far as stealing gv kills from the air, I may have done this unknowingly.  I often use a N1K2 to mark nme gvs for our guys on the ground.  I was not aware that if i hit them a couple times that I would get the kill.  I will do as someone has mentioned earlier, and just shoot off to the side of the target a bit. :frown:
Now stealing a kill from an nme aircraft is something that I never do.  I may close in on the falling plane just enough to see that it truly out of commission.  And usually I will call out on range, that said plane is going down, if the one who shot it down does not.

100Coogn :rock
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
The tank thing is a known issue also...
Ahh, I know why this happens.  It's the tracks.  They are a damageable component and can soak up a large quantity of damage from light cannon and MG which unbalances the kill awarding.  I'll have to see if there's a way that HT can alter the awarding of GV kills to take that into account.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »
:eek

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »
They could do the same with wings.  No use shooting a plane that's missing one or both of them, or is missing half the fuselage, or both vstabs/the hstab, etc.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you