Author Topic: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Re: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »
The exact reason why this game is going down the tubes.

If they are new and prefer a plane that allows them to compete then I see nothing wrong with that.  Your comment is ridiculous, if you have any ability at all you should be able to deal with a newbie in a spit16.  Please refrain from posting in the future, your dribble benefits noone.

Spazz

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
Why?  Because he's a new player and is flying a plane that is easy for him to fly?  Your ignorant comment is one of the reasons game play is going down the tubes, not Rusty's.

Once people like you pull your collective head out of your arses and stop thinking that such and such a plane is a 'dweeb ride' or belittling people for flying Spitfires or La7's that would help improve the game play, telling a player they are part of the problem for flying a Spitfire won't.

ack-ack

Agreed!!!!!

<S> Ack-Ack

Spazz

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
LMAO, I never said I was a good stick, and I couldn't care less if I have more deaths than kills. I fly how I fly and I have a good time doing it. If I was looking out for score I would have stopped flying the 38 a long time ago.

And, once again, it's not just me who gets killed by Spixteens the most, there are LOADS other people.

This has to be the best back peddling I have seen in a long time.  You have gone from saying that the spit16 is the reason that game play has degenerated to saying that you fly how you fly and have a good time.  So which is it, do you have a good time flying or are you miserable because game play has been destroyed by the spit16??  Make up your mind and stop dancing.

Spazz

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2008, 04:20:14 PM »
You are a genius.

Oh, you flatter me.  Though, while I may not be the dullest tool in the shed, I can hardly claim to be the sharpest.  However, 99% of the time it's a safe bet that the plane the person is whining about is usually the plane that kicks the person's arse the most.  So, it really was a no brainer.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »
When I first started playing I flew the LA because of my family's Russian ancestry.  After about a month of that I got tired of the horrible ballistics of those cannons and went looking for something that shot straight, ended up with the P-47.  I think I chose it because it was the American ride I was least familiar with historically (other than the P39 which I was also very unfamiliar with, but wasn't in the game yet) and I wanted to learn more about it.  Also the 8 .50s doubled how far away I could hit moving targets compared to the LA.

I flew the Jug exclusively until some time last month, when I decided I needed to learn more about other planes.  I decided to fly the F4U starting this month because it was supposed to be a challenging ride and it could launch off carriers.  Also I remembered the F4U from the Battlehawks 1942 computer game manual... that manual was a veritable history book on the pacific theater of WW2, including a great chapter about how incredibly lucky we (the US) were to have our carriers survive the early half of the war.  Ironically, the F4U wasn't even flyable in that game, but it was featured in the manual a lot.  So I wanted to fly the Corsair first in Aces High.

That's where I am right now, but the P-38 will be my ride next tour.

Oh, some linkage:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlehawks_1942
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »
109k4 because anything else would be too easy.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »
109k4 because anything else would be too easy.

My k4 hero
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »
This has to be the best back peddling I have seen in a long time.  You have gone from saying that the spit16 is the reason that game play has degenerated to saying that you fly how you fly and have a good time.  So which is it, do you have a good time flying or are you miserable because game play has been destroyed by the spit16??  Make up your mind and stop dancing.

Spazz
I'm sorry,but you really havent an idea of what I'm getting at, so I'm not going to waste my time addressing you.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
Close to 6 years ago I started flying the niki.

It is one of the better de-ackers in the game (its 20mm guns have good splash damage), great legs (especially w/ the d/t), decent ord, lot's of ammo (because to this day my aim is horrible),  and it just seemed to suit my flying style.  (then and now my typical loadout is 100% fuel, d/t and ord).  It can turn with most turners, dives well, kinda a cruddy climb but w/ flaps it handles nose up maneuvers well.

Just sorta "average" in most respects.

Similar reasons why I always took up f6f's for CV ops.  It's pretty average in most all performance respects.  Sorta a jack of all trades.  (been leaning towards the Dhog of late though...)

For VH's and towns I tend to opt for the 110G2.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2008, 06:47:51 PM »
I fly the Mossie and Spit 8 quite a bit.  As of late I have been upping 109 G-14s some.  Oh, and I really enjoy the A-20 when there are GVs to bomb.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
I have a family connection to two planes - the mossie and the F6F.
Excellent Post, I enjoyed it very much  :)  :salute
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
I'm sorry,but you really havent an idea of what I'm getting at, so I'm not going to waste my time addressing you.

No, we know what you're trying to say and, in the simplest terms, it's wrong.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
i like flying German rides.  Main reason - Allied fighters are over rated.  All you ever hear about on tv is how great allied fighters were (they were of course), but i want to learn about German iron!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
i like flying German rides.  Main reason - Allied fighters are over rated.  All you ever hear about on tv is how great allied fighters were (they were of course), but i want to learn about German iron!

Für Deutschland!
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
Für Deutschland!

i didn't say that i knew other languages  :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||