Author Topic: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Re: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2008, 09:01:12 AM »

Aside from What it can do theres more to it for me.

Ever since I was young I had always wanted to play the part of the bad guy..In EVERY little back yard game I had with my siblings and cousins I was always the bad guy. The villain, and I loved playing that role. Then as I got a bit older I got into WW2 aviation and of course I wanted to play the role of the "bad guy", the German. But after getting even more into it I started reading stories and Diaries and Biographies from these so called "Bad Guys" and I came to the realization that they were human too and had no choice but to Fight. They was some sort of Sympathy in me for these German Luftwaffe pilots. They were doing nothing more than thier Allied counter parts which was trying to survive this war and performing thier duties. I read stories From Johannes Steinhoff in the Mediterranean, Gehard Barkhorn, Gunther Rall, Erich Hartmann, and other Luftwaffe Aces, and all of these great pilots Flew one aircraft Exclusively and that was 109. Also there was something about the 109 that made it look Sinister. Like it looks like its gonna shoot you down. Then to top if off there was this one Quote I read somewhere that had me hooked.

"Me-109: A legendary plane flown by Legendary Pilots"

(Image removed from quote.)

:salute :salute

I guess this is where my Infatuation for the 109 came to be.    :aok

Absolutely spot on, I'm exactly the same with the Luftwaffe, the 109 and Germany.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
For straight furballing I love the spit8.
Off a carrier I take the F6F.
Strat runs it's normally a p51d.
Killing CVs it's the b26.
I fly almost everything from time to time, with the same net result....death.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline F6Fraven

• Zinc Member
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »
F6F

Well I like the Hellcat for a few reasons. The Hellcat is sort of an average plane that can really pull off a few tricks to kill you. It’s not the fastest bird but if you can out run it, it can easily out turn you. With the addition of a DT you can easily use full left rudder, high elevator, and right aileron to whip its nose up and around, sort of like the modern day cobra maneuver. The drop tank is sort of the difference between a well balanced plane that can run, and a non balanced plane that can slip around.I first learned about the F6 by watching my father AKOwl fly it. I guess I could say it’s the first plane I learned to fly, and the only plane I will fly.

AKRaVeN

Offline bluefalcon32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
I just can't get out of the Yak 9 (U). Sure, limited ammo, but still, beautiful fighter and i think smallest plane in game?

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2008, 10:54:35 PM »
This tour I've  been flying (if you can call it that lol) the 38L a fair bit - find the plane absolutely fascinating. Whilst I can auger in a split second (and do so, frequently), its just so much fun to fly. I'll fly whatever takes my fancy at any particular time - if base is capped, I'll up either a Hurri IID or a IL2 - really fun times then.

I die all the time and the only time I get frustrated is when I do something stupid (which is most of the time) - but the most important thing (to me anyway) - is to have fun.

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.