Author Topic: Text filters and touchy mods  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Text filters and touchy mods
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

How convenient.

I bet you thought long and hard devising this latest cry for attention...coming up with a story that cannot be proved or disproved with hard evidence...brilliant!!!  :aok

And yet I have people who have been witnesses agreeing. Have you consulted a psychologist? I think you could use a mental check-up...

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
And yet I have people who have been witnesses agreeing.

Who and how?

Here's part of your original post:
Quote from: Serenity
Alright, here is one that REALLY ticked me off. I was in the middle of a fight, I didn't have my mic plugged in at the time, so I had to type. So, I open the text buffer, and on room, type "Ive got an F4U right in front of me". Instant mute!!!

Did anyone see what you typed?  You claim that certain things do not show up, so how did someone witness this?  And if they did witness it, wouldn't it be on film?

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:18 PM »
Who and how?

Here's part of your original post:
Did anyone see what you typed?  You claim that certain things do not show up, so how did someone witness this?  And if they did witness it, wouldn't it be on film?

THAT was not witnessed. But see, can you disprove it? It has been stated that under some circumstances, (GOD forbid I should have forgotten typing a "2K" or somesuch after the direction he was from me) that a mute can result. So, there is evidence to support me. What do you offer to dispute this?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2008, 10:53:35 PM »
THAT was not witnessed. But see, can you disprove it? It has been stated that under some circumstances, (GOD forbid I should have forgotten typing a "2K" or somesuch after the direction he was from me) that a mute can result. So, there is evidence to support me. What do you offer to dispute this?

Oh, I'm sorry.  I though THAT was the meat of your original post.  What was this thingy that was not THAT but was the grand illusion witnessed by many?

And I disprove it by going into the MA and typing "F4U" on 200...no mute...no warning.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2008, 02:01:29 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry.  I though THAT was the meat of your original post.  What was this thingy that was not THAT but was the grand illusion witnessed by many?

And I disprove it by going into the MA and typing "F4U" on 200...no mute...no warning.

Simply the letters F4U won't do it. But then again, as I said, there was more in the sentence. And as other have stated, if you were to type say, "F4U, in front of me 1K" the auto-filter would bust you. I find it strange you do not interogate them...

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
For the same reasons you do not have film which would show this, you cannot possibly have witnesses. As we established earlier, you picked a phrase that doesn't trigger the text filter. We can test the filter with the phrasing you used. In fact, we already have, and it could not have happened the way you claim. You can try to back pedal, and claim you said something else, but I think most people have already realized that you're a liar. Just give it up.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
This is still going on?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2008, 10:32:59 AM »
Yup and it'll will prolly get even better when Skuzzy leaves the office for the weekend  :rofl

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »
another example today.

cheater flying around. I have the nerve to say the C word and get muted for 10mins. cheater still flys on.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2008, 04:32:33 PM »
another example today.

cheater flying around. I have the nerve to say the C word and get muted for 10mins. cheater still flys on.

And your mistake was letting what you percieved as something wrong, get you to the point where you lost your cool and started throwing it out there.  Planes are free, no one dies, we control what we type.  Relax, grab a new bird, and go again :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »
And your mistake was letting what you percieved as something wrong, get you to the point where you lost your cool and started throwing it out there.  Planes are free, no one dies, we control what we type.  Relax, grab a new bird, and go again :)

girls are evil. less playing time :D

it wasnt that i died, the cheater ended up dying, but i said something along the lines of "sigh cheater at 83" got a warning said why? and bang muted lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:51:33 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2008, 05:21:29 PM »
girls are evil. less playing time :D

it wasnt that i died, the cheater ended up dying, but i said something along the lines of "sigh cheater at 83" got a warning said why? and bang muted lol.

...because accusations of cheating, or even mentioning cheating is against the rules. So you got warned, then you questioned the mod, that gets you muted.

Pretty easy to follow I think.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »
To mute or not to mute

I think the whole "mean mod" tag thrown around comes from folks who have never had to moderate anything and don't fully understand whats encompassed within it. There are a ton of variables to take into consideration that most don't even consider. I know, I've moderated in servers from 30-40 to hundreds and hundreds. I think if you don't know why you were muted (sans the filter quirks), you need to ask yourself a couple questions;

Am I arguing with , or bantering a mod in public?
 Its very distracting & disruptive to game play. You have to remember that every one here is paying to have their own kind of fun, so HTC needs to ensure that all can play without the undue distractions of this. You may have been wronged and have a justifiable case, who knows. But thats for HT to decide via contact with them privately with screenshots, films, whatever. Not argued about publicly, or bantering a mod repeatedly.

Could what I have said possibly insulted or offended someone?
 Many people say things that are insulting in jest..and don't even realize it at all. The best thing to do is all together avoid anything that is racial, political, gender biased,or profane in any game. Really what purpose do they serve? Even in a combative simulation or FPS. Whats acceptable to some ,even a mod, may not be acceptable to many. Many times a mod even has to make a decision on something said that insulting to some that even they themselves do not find insulting. Its their job to enforce the game's respective policy...nothing more , nothing less.

All in all I think most if not all are here to have fun. If your detracting from that in any way by your actions or text, then you really need to change the way you interact within this very large and very diverse community. The hundreds of different icons you see in the arena are all attached to individuals who may not see things the same as you. A little tolerance, respect, and self control is all it takes to avoid any of that.

Just thought I'd throw in here , as I've been on the other side of the coin many times over the years.
<S>

Debdenboys.comAdministrator