Author Topic: Text filters and touchy mods  (Read 7603 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Text filters and touchy mods
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
I was muted the first time, for 10 minutes. I got a warning and then a mute. The 2nd time it was for an hour.

Fair enough about the defying the authority of a moderator, but in my personal opinion he is overstepping his authority for muting just for "crap". I can't believe a person can be muted for saying that, once again.

And I realize this is a losing argument.

Too funny ... how come you didn't add all that info when you first came in here jumping up and down about "just saying crap".

The mute actually came from poking the Mod in the eye after FIRST getting warned for saying "crap".

You and your innocent buds left out this little tidbit too ...

"Next DaveJ gets on his squad channel to try push the issue with the moderator.
He counts down on squad channel so they all want to say crap at once on channel 200.

This is when he and his squad mates were muted, and I also would have muted them for defying the authority of a mod."

You have been HTPWND by the "all seeing" HT-EYE ... oh, and it will be very hard to believe anything you say in the future.

I can't believe a person can be muted for saying that, once again.

Keep pushing that HT button ...  :aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
"[/b]

You have been HTPWND by the "all seeing" HT-EYE ... oh, and it will be very hard to believe anything you say in the future.

Keep pushing that HT button ...  :aok

And now it is you, Mr. DaveyJ, who is the one who can't be taken seriously.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
Well......it's not like you couldn't see this one comin' like a freight train.  :lol

...and DaveJ.....(and his buds) what did you learn from this? Meybe you can fool mom and dad....bro and sis, but, you ain't gonna fool the LOGS.

Da LOGS ROOL!!!!! :rock
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
Wow... I cannot believe even HiTech came into this one. And Golfer, you flatter me to say I've had outburst so much worse than the others here...

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
And now it is you, Mr. DaveyJ, who is the one who can't be taken seriously.

I've been truthful all along. I did get a muting for saying "crap", even if it was with other squadies. I even told you it was with other squadies multiple times over 2 of these threads.

The question is about the moderators authority to punish for saying that. I don't believe he should have the authority, but that is where I disagree with the rest of you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:56:35 PM by DaveJ »
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
Well......it's not like you couldn't see this one comin' like a freight train.  :lol

...and DaveJ.....(and his buds) what did you learn from this? Meybe you can fool mom and dad....bro and sis, but, you ain't gonna fool the LOGS.

Da LOGS ROOL!!!!! :rock

they most likely learned absolutley nothing nb,,,,,,
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
I've been truthful all along. I did get a muting for saying "crap", even if it was with other squadies. I even told you it was with other squadies multiple times over 2 of these threads.

The question is about the moderators authority to punish for saying that. I don't believe he should have the authority, but that is where I disagree with the rest of you.

no..the question is why did you come here expecting pity, and leave out inconvienent(to you) portions of the truth?
 they punished you because you called them out. put yourself in their shoes.

if you realy had a problem with them, you should've recorded, backed off, and emailed HTC.
 once again, it seems pretty simple. you brought that, AND this on yourself.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2008, 09:39:57 PM »
I've been truthful all along.

Not really. You chose to post a complaint whereby you were singled out by the moderators for simply texting the word "crap". You forgot to fill in "the rest of the story" which Hitech described.

Take your lumps and be more prudent as to what you (or squad mates) type into the text bar. It's really THAT simple.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »

Even after HiTech clearly explained why you were muted, you still don't get it do you?  You were not muted for saying "Crap", you were muted for defying the moderator that warned you previously to watch your language.  You didn't, you went againt the request of the moderator and was muted for that reason.  Had you shown some sign of intelligence and listened to the warning you would not have been.  It is so simple that I am at a total lost for words that you can't seem to grasp it.  Maybe we have to type slower for you to understand or use pretty pictures.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2008, 04:44:24 AM »
Some people are just stuck on stupid. I'll leave you to figure out who.
See Rule #4

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
Even after HiTech clearly explained why you were muted, you still don't get it do you?  You were not muted for saying "Crap", you were muted for defying the moderator that warned you previously to watch your language.  You didn't, you went againt the request of the moderator and was muted for that reason.  Had you shown some sign of intelligence and listened to the warning you would not have been.  It is so simple that I am at a total lost for words that you can't seem to grasp it.  Maybe we have to type slower for you to understand or use pretty pictures.

ack-ack

No Akak, I get it. Once again, that's why I'm bringing up the question of the moderators being able to punish for saying that in the first place! Obviously they are, but really they should not be able to, and if thats the case there would have been no muting at all because there would have been no "defying the moderators".
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »
No Akak, I get it. Once again, that's why I'm bringing up the question of the moderators being able to punish for saying that in the first place! Obviously they are, but really they should not be able to, and if thats the case there would have been no muting at all because there would have been no "defying the moderators".

I disagree. If it hadn't been "The Great Crap Incident" it would have been something else. As was stated by HT, there is a procedure for dealing with incidents where you believe you have been unfairly treated by a mod......trying to one-up the mod isn't it. From what HT said, you are even responsible for your squaddies being muted.

None of this would have happened if you hadn't been trying to show-up the mod. THAT is what you don't get. :rolleyes:
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2008, 07:38:14 AM »

no, you DON'T get it you frakkin MORON!!!!!

you weren't muted for the word dammit!!!! re-read HT's post. you were muted for calling out the mods. :furious :furious

someone else said it a couple posts up......you obviously are stuck on stupid.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »
<SNIP>
None of this would have happened if you hadn't been trying to show-up the mod. THAT is what you don't get. :rolleyes:

NB I believe the point we're all missing is that there shouldn't be any game moderators to begin with. That way anyone can say or type anything they please. If it's offensive, oh well. There's a slight possibility that some subscribers might cancel their accounts, but at least the "freedom of speech" article of The Constitution will be preserved. Just who does Hitech think he is...telling us what we can and can not say? Tyranny I say!

Dave, perhaps you should simply give Hitech a call and lobby your cause to rid the game of evil moderators. I'm sure he'd love to discuss the topic with you.

by the way HT...just kiddin  :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:02:59 AM by Max »

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2008, 08:03:24 AM »
Max, you REALLY don't want to see what the text buffer would become if mods were decommissioned :O
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder