Author Topic: Darn Cheese Heads  (Read 527 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Darn Cheese Heads
« on: June 26, 2008, 06:56:05 AM »
 :rofl Just saw on the news they want to ban drive thru lanes at fast food joints in Wisconsin. :huh The reasoning is it will lessen traffic congestion, save fuel, and make you get some exercise. :confused:

How many reasons can you find that make this a bad idea? First one that jumps out at me is during the winter as the cold and flu season kicks in up there your supposed to avoid crowds of people. So now intstead of staying isolated in your car you get to mingle with the masses inside. The coughing, hacking, sneezing, masses. :(

Offline Bones

• Copper Member
Re: Darn Cheese Heads
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:11:25 AM »
I think this is a wonderful idea.  Brilliant actually. 

I always park and get out of the car when I go to a fast food restaurant and quietly cuss those who sit in their cars, in line, running their engines for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

The price for their convenience is poorer air quality and higher fuel prices.  I think fast food restaurants should just shut down the drive-through.  It should not require a law to force them to do so.

Of course, I think all lights at all intersections should be 'smart' lights.  Where they are not run so much by timer, but by actual traffic.  It is very irritating to sit at an intersection with zero cross traffic for up to 3 minutes due to a light being on some timer.

I also think cities should be placing light status indicators in areas where the lights cannot be seen from a distance, so those of us who like to coast as far as we can to a red light can do so.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »
I think if you spend 10 - 15 minutes in line at a fast food driver thru...you need to go find a restaurant with better drive thru service.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:34:16 AM »
They can shut them all down as far as I`m concerned...............with maybe the exception of Sonic. Got to be having me some java chillers. ;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Bones

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
Lunch time, during the work week, always sees long lines at the drive throughs.  Even if it is 3 minutes, it is too long to sit and idle a vehicle.  2 minutes is too long.

Regardless, it takes the same amount of time to stand inside (sometimes it is faster), so why waste the gas and add to pollution?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 07:42:21 AM »
I think its a great idea to walk inside instead of a drive through, but I don't think government at any level should dictate what you can and can't do in this regard. Where are the "wire tapping--our personal freedoms being stripped" whiners now?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »
I would much rather that they banned traffic jams that sometimes keep thousands of people sitting in cars for an extra hour or two.

If the place of business wants to not have a drive through then that is up to them.

lazs

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »
I would much rather that they banned traffic jams that sometimes keep thousands of people sitting in cars for an extra hour or two.

If the place of business wants to not have a drive through then that is up to them.

lazs

problem with that, is partly the volume....mostly stupid drivers. so they'd have to ban stupid drivers.....wait.....that'd lower the volume, AND make us safer......never mind........excelent idea!!

lets start with pulling the lisences of left land d**ks first...then go for the ones that actually stop in the merge lanes....that should cover most of it :D :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bones

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »
While I detest government interference with business, there is already plenty of grounds for it.  Look at the smoking bans forced on businesses for a good example.

People wanted that for heatlh reasons.  Well, this would seem to fall into the same line of thinking.

You see, once you go down that road, it is hard to stop.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »
You see, once you go down that road, it is hard to stop.

It's hard to stop if you surrender, that's certain.

It all comes down to the judges on the bench.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »
:rofl Just saw on the news they want to ban drive thru lanes at fast food joints in Wisconsin. :huh The reasoning is it will lessen traffic congestion, save fuel, and make you get some exercise. :confused:

How many reasons can you find that make this a bad idea? First one that jumps out at me is during the winter as the cold and flu season kicks in up there your supposed to avoid crowds of people. So now intstead of staying isolated in your car you get to mingle with the masses inside. The coughing, hacking, sneezing, masses. :(
What's the source of this?  I haven't heard a thing and I work at a newspaper in WI!
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
What's the source of this?  I haven't heard a thing and I work at a newspaper in WI!

It was on the internet ... it is now the word of god!!!!

NwBie

:pray
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
I think this is a wonderful idea.  Brilliant actually. 

I always park and get out of the car when I go to a fast food restaurant and quietly cuss those who sit in their cars, in line, running their engines for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

So the mom who is alone in the car with her 4 two year olds should have to unload them all, bring them into the store to order food?  How is she going to kepe an eye on all her children while she is ordering their food?  Will you be helpin?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
So the mom who is alone in the car with her 4 two year olds should have to unload them all, bring them into the store to order food?  How is she going to kepe an eye on all her children while she is ordering their food?  Will you be helpin?

four 2 year olds? :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 11:56:55 AM »
Not very healthy feeding 2 year olds for what passes as food from fast food joints.