Author Topic: Rational Perk System Proposal  (Read 100 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rational Perk System Proposal
« on: May 03, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
I'm totally in favor of a perk system, but the current system is obviously a work-in-progress.  The Tempest costs 70 points, the Chog costs 8, and the Niki (and all other fighters) costs 0.  It is not a well balanced system yet.

Here is my proposal to assign perk points based on a fighter's effectivness in the MA:

Using the last tour's air-to-air kill stats, perk each fighter based on what percent of air-to-air kills it scored.  For example, if there are a total of 25 fighter types available, each fighter type represents 4% of available fighter types.  So any fighter which scores more than 4% of the air-to-air kills will cost perk points next tour.  If the Chog is responsible for 12% of all air-to-air kills this tour, it will cost 8 (12% - 4%) perk points next tour.  Any plane which scores 4% or less of the total air-to-air kills, which is most planes, will be unperked.  Moderately successful planes which kill 5% or 6% of the air-to-air kills would be cheap perks.

This system does not take ground attack capabilities into consideration, but I think the idea of perking is to prevent a few planes from dominating the skies, like the Chog and Niki do.  This system would also allow the Ta-152 and Tempest to earn a realistic perk, rather than being pretty much not worth flying.

Something similar could be worked out for buffs, but I don't know how the buff scoring system works so I won't propose a buff perking idea.

ra