Author Topic: yoke vs stick  (Read 445 times)

Offline INDe

• Zinc Member
yoke vs stick
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
curious if anyone is using the ch yoke and power quadrant.  lefty here and am considering purchasing that for my setup.  is there enough buttons etc., to do a good job in the game?
"Endeavor to Persevere"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: yoke vs stick
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »
I would think that you would be better served by getting a more traditional throttle and joystick than the quadrant and yoke. It seems to me (going from memory) that the yoke just doesn't have enough buttons to be really effecient for AH. 

If you're a lefty you should contact Homeboy here on the BBS.  He is also a lefty and developed a left handed CH product mod for his fighterstick and throttle.  I believe he builds sets on a per order basis so that may be a solution too.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:01:11 PM »
Don't know about the yoke, but you might check out this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,176421.0.html Homeboy does a great job at making left handed sticks and throttles out of CH products.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 06:02:28 AM »
Well I was lucky enough to be able to play with a CH yoke (second hand store, cost me 2 dollars, LOVE my wife!)

Generally speaking if your flying bombers and want more immersion, yes, go with a yoke.
If you want cutting edge quick responces for dogfight, stick with a stick.

Yoke just seemed harder to coordinate, slower, etc. The throttle, yes, by all means.

Offline INDe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »
thanks for the info............really appreciate it!!
"Endeavor to Persevere"