Author Topic: Perk Question  (Read 664 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Perk Question
« on: July 05, 2008, 12:43:23 AM »
While reading the "increase 163 cost" thread, a thought occured to me. Lets say I take a 262 up for 230 perks. An La-7 dives down on me from 16K and shoots me down, but when he shoots me down the cost of the 262 went up to 270 perks. Would I loose the 230 perks that was for the start of my sortie, or do I loose 270 since that was the price of it at the time I died?

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Perk Question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 01:09:24 AM »
My understanding has always been that when you up a perk plane you're essentially betting those perk points. They're in the pot, you land and you get them back you end up a smoking crater somewhere and you lose them.

This was just my understanding of the system I haven't actually put it to the test.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »
Yes, Soulyss is correct. The value at the time you spawn is used and does not change while in flight. There is some confusion about this because the ENY value is dynamic, but the display in the hanger does not update while you are there, so the true ENY value may not correspond exactly with the ENY displayed in the hanger when you took off.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:08:48 AM »
Ahh TY! One more thing off my mind.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:07:57 AM »
but the eny and perk point modifyers can change and will affect your sortie right.

say i take off in a p38 l i shoot down four la7's

perk modifyer was 5.3 or something when i took off/ but when i land its 1.9

i think you have to go by what it is when you land.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »
"spending perks" is what ever the value was when you take off, "earning perks" are awarded what ever the value when you land.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »
cool.

so even if you are limited by eny when taking off, in certin circumstances you can gain mroe perks if the modifyer changes drasticaly. say eny goes from +20to -20 and your modifyer changes from .50 to 2.50
thats neat man. cause you get the points for being in a high eny plane and the bonus for the modifyer goin up.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:29:59 PM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 02:52:12 PM »
Rolex, answer this:
Upped a F4U-1C one day for 14 perks. Got 5 kills and got shot down by a Spit9. Says I was negative 18 (-18) on my "Last Sortie" in the hanger.  I sat there scratching my head for 10 minutes wondering how, after killing 5 planes, still lose MORE than I took it up for.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
Rolex, answer this:
Upped a F4U-1C one day for 14 perks. Got 5 kills and got shot down by a Spit9. Says I was negative 18 (-18) on my "Last Sortie" in the hanger.  I sat there scratching my head for 10 minutes wondering how, after killing 5 planes, still lose MORE than I took it up for.

Currently, it is only the server that has the official real time perk modifier info.  The info you find in the hanger is computed on your front end based on your roster data when you entered the hanger.  If you logon and do not allow your roster to populate before entering the hanger, you'll see an inaccurate number.  Depending on the arena population, then length of time you linger in the hanger before launching may also give you an inaccurate number.

Why does it work that way?  Probably because the game was not designed with perk modifiers in mind since they were add-ons to the existing game.

HiTech has stated previously that he has looked into complaints and players do get charged for the perk cost at the time of spawning.  Any discrepancies should be due to the price in the hanger not being up to date with the actual price at the instant of spawning.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »
but the eny and perk point modifyers can change and will affect your sortie right.

say i take off in a p38 l i shoot down four la7's

perk modifyer was 5.3 or something when i took off/ but when i land its 1.9

i think you have to go by what it is when you land.
well,

1. perk mod only goes to 5.0 and,

2. you get perks based on perk mod when you shoot down enemy.

you shoot down an la7 in your -38 with a perk mod of 5, p38's eny is 20, la7's is 5, find the amount of perks you would get with perk mod 1.00 by finding out how many times your enemies ENY (the la7's is 5), and the p38's is 20, 5 goes into 20 4 times. perk mod of 5 means you multiply the dividend by 5, 4X5 = 20 perks for tha one la7 kill in your p38.

last i knew this was right, some one correct me if im wrong, always worked for me when i figure how many perkies i should get when i up with perk mod 1.00.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato