Re: Fore!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »
For those of you who wish to improve their game:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-perform-the-perfect-golf-swing

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »
I play and practice everyday. I currently am scratch.
I play here www.starranchgolf.com

My swing is ....

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/RedTop1/?action=view&current=MOV00602.flv

I play Callaway X-Tour Irons 5 - W Project X Shafts 5.5 1/2 inch long
Nickent Hybrids 17 Proforce V2 Stiff , 21 Proforce V2 Stiff , 24 Nippon steel stiff
Cleveland RTG DSG Wedges 52 , 56 degree
Ping G10 Driver TFC 129 Stiff Shaft 9 degree
Cleveland Launcher 3 wood 13 degree Fujikura Stiff
Rife 2 Bar Hybrid putter / Scotty Cameron Newport Miid Slant putter (depending on whats being nice)
Titleist Prov1x golfballs
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 05:27:01 PM »
Very nice RedTop! I amazed by people who can play scratch golf.  It is an accomplishment that takes so much skill and mental fortitude.  :aok
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »
Very nice RedTop! I amazed by people who can play scratch golf.  It is an accomplishment that takes so much skill and mental fortitude.  :aok

1st of all Thanks :)

I could talk golf for hours....Stang who flies here is my proxy instrctor so to speak. I video my swing and he crtiques (sp) it. He has already made a differance. I love to play and working nights I am able to play everyday as my wife works with the Daywalkers as I call em.  :lol She really pushes me pretty well as well. I would like to when I turn 50 possibly give the Senior tour a try.

I work on all facets of the game and enjoy doing so.

At any rate I won't bore you....Its a great game. Greatest game ever in my opinion as you only have yourself to blame or congradulate. Almost all other sports rely on a team aspect.

Play well...have fun...and good luck with your return to the game. I took 3.5 yars off a few years back. Since then my interest and love of the game is even more now. Plus having a goal helps.

Take care 

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 05:50:37 PM »
Talking golf never bores me! It is a fascinating game.  I actually broke 80 for the first time this year too!
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
Talking golf never bores me! It is a fascinating game.  I actually broke 80 for the first time this year too!

WTG on breaking 80!!!  It is a fascinating game. A hard one as well. I play with a group often. One of the guys is younger and hits it a MILE past me most of the time. But we usually play within a shot or 2 of one another. We're about even. I admire his length and he calls me S squared. Short and Straight.  :lol Yet I average about 280 off the tee and he averages well over 300. Hell he hits his 2 iron longer than I hit my driver at times.

My length is not stageering.....I'm just real acurate. Yesterday I hit 17 of 18 greens and 14 of 14 fairways. Putted bad and shot even par. Today I hit like 14 greens and 10 fairways and shot 69. Putted bad.

Thats the wonderful thing about this game. Somedays you think your ready to play on the tour...other days you wonder why in the hell you ever got out of bed. You hit it pure as anything on the range and walk to the 1st tee and promptly find that your brain has went on vacation and your swing went with it.  :lol

Practice is really the key IMHO. Litzke is a role modle for alot of golfers. He plays little...pratices little and yet plays pretty well cause he hits it the same way all the time. So if you can gain consistancy then you have a chance to play decent golf.

You'll only get out of golf what you put in it.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 06:38:29 PM »
Bah, stupid game!

;)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Bah, stupid game!

;)

Hacker...Chop :rofl

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
I play golf.  I usually shoot in the low 80s.  I have shot even par a few times but those were on very good days.  

My clubs

Driver- Original Nike SasQuatch 8 1/2 degree.

3 wood- Original Nike SasQuatch 15 degree
<These two clubs have The SasQuatch shaft Diamana by Mitsubishi Rayon - Stiff flex>

Irons- Just replaced my Nike Slingshot irons with a brand new set of The Nike SQ Sumo irons
<Irons have True Temper Speed Step Super Lite Stiff flex shafts>

Wedges- I have the 60 degree Nike Spin Velocity Wedge <True Temper dynamic Gold Shaft>
I also still have the My first SW for when i really got into golf.  It is a Titleist Vokey Design 54 degree.  True Temper shaft as well.

Putter - The Nike Black Oz T100.

Golf Balls - I usually play with Nike One Platinums, Nike One TW, or Titleist Pro V1x

My dad and i play a few times a week and during the summer we play almost every day.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »
 :rofl

More like blind man on the greens lately... I keep shooting between 69-73 with over 32 putts every round in Monday events.  Can't find the damn stroke and it's off by such a small bit that I keep barely missing the line and make literally nothing.  

I've really been putting some quality practice time in lately and have been hitting it pretty well, but just haven't had it click in a round yet.  A buncha 2nd and 3rd place finishes this last month that I pissed away the win on the greens... Drives me nuts outplaying everyone tee to green and just not getting it in the damn hole.   I'd rather skank it around like a chump and make everything on the greens than hit it like a champ and putt like a chump.  Grrrrrr.

Anyway what's in my bag...

Nike Sumo 5000 SQ Driver, 8.5 deg Graffaly Epic 68g X-felx
Nike Sumo SQ 3 and 5 woods, Diamana 83g X-flex shafts
Nike Forged Blades 3-PW X-100 Dynamic Gold Shafts +1/2 inch
Nike SV Tour 54 and 60 Degree Wedges, X-100 shafts +1/2 inch
Scotty Cameron Newport Milled 35 inches.
Nike One Platinum or Black golf ball, depending on conditions.

Yes I am a Nike potato, but because they give it to me.

:D

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
Golf is for sissies who wear funny pants.

I was on a 4 year hiatus and am back into the swing so to speak.  I don't have a club affiliation at the moment with the GHIN system but if I had to say my handicap is around 6 at this time.  I figure I'll blame the extra strokes on a few extra pounds...both of which I'm in the process of shedding  ;)

I haven't broken par since I've been playing again but my best score is +2.  I just played 2 rounds on the Ford Plantation's course (Ogeechee Golf Club) near Savannah last week.  Put up an 82 thanks to an honest 11 on a Par 5.  Next day I fumbled a 43-36 thanks to a turkey of doubles on the front side.

My golf bag is a time capsule...

Callaway Great Big Bertha 8º
Titleist 975F 14º Fairway wood.
Callaway Heaven Wood (7 wood)
Titleist 962 3-P
Titleist Vokey 52º Gap Wedge
Titleist Vokey 56º Sand Wedge
Cleveland 60º wedge
Odyssey White Hot #1 putter

All this stuff is put into one of the earliest Ping Hoofer bags.  It was top of the line in 2000.  :huh
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:20:28 PM by Golfer »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
More like blind man on the greens lately... I keep shooting between 69-73 with over 32 putts every round in Monday events.  Can't find the damn stroke and it's off by such a small bit that I keep barely missing the line and make literally nothing.

Man do I feel ya there. Good lord I have hit it with in 10 feet the last 36 holes 12 times. With in 6 feet 4-6 times and 3 feet 4 times.....4 birdies and more lips than a heard of 5.00 hookers on a payday.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
My best game was 7 over par (79) on a course that had a slope rating of 140.  I was 160 lbs then too though....

My driver is finally coming around (at least in practice on my neighbors driving range ..you can barely make out the 75 ft poles and the net, alog with a nice putting green to the left in the pic that he maintains maticulously) and I plan to give the driver a whirl again this Sunday. I can get 200 with my 3 iron so if my driver goes south on me, I always have "old reliable". The best part of my game is the short irons, under 175 yards, and putting. It's the only thing that really SAVES my game actually, I suck on driving. :(

Anyone have an opinion on Maxfli Noodle balls? (Long and soft!)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »
i can get decent spin out of Noodles. They are a nice hitting ball.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 09:07:37 PM »
Noodles are ok I suppose. Couple of guys I used to play with used them. They liked them pretty well , however down here in Texas they don't stop so well. Up there where it rains alot I would imagine that the greens are always fairly receptive. They aren't made to give all that much spin anyway. If your looking for a pretty good low cost ball the Precept Laddie is not bad. My dad (9 hcp) plays with them and really likes them. The new TopFlite D2 isn't bad so Im told and they are like 19.00 a dozen. Bridgestone balls are pretty good and some of them are fairly inexpensive.

What are you trying to get out of a Golf Ball is more the question.?