Author Topic: Once and for all......  (Read 2018 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
Re: Once and for all......
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
Right flatiron.  So which forum rule was broken that caused someone else to act as a back-seat moderator?None of them.
We can tell you all we want about the rules of the ava without being moderators.

beats me, when I logged in their was a allied and axis on so I figured it was ok to fly, then got called out as a milker right after I took off and no I don't have it on film. maybe I need to detune 200 again.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:28:42 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
Flat you are still confusing forum posting Rules with AvA conduct rules.

This thread is done, or should have been.

Chem asked a question.

Bubi, and I answered it.  Both sides recieved the updated conduct rules.  They are pretty specific with very little room for interpretations.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »
That can be explained.  I logged in to check the ords at A28 and saw chemdawg milking.  You just showed up at the wrong time; I was never in the air.  Sorry if I was a little harsh.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
thats ok I hopefully am done here. Stampf if you wish to discuss this further you can respond to the PM I sent you Over/Out.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
Reply sent.  :salute
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
Ummmm,

I think they are more like guidelines    :D  OH, nevermind, that was the Pirate's Code of Honor.  :devil

I must admit Stampf, that I must turn myself in for violation of Rule #6 as stated.  During the last round, I made it my duty to make at least one supply run a day.  

Like others with limited cpu time.  I fly when I can.  I made no attacks on enemy targets but I did advance our war effort by contributing to the repair of our bases.  As one who had lobbied heavily for this feature.  This is how I invisioned it would work:  Off peak hours, without opposition players assume the roll of preparing for the next battle.  That would include base resupply and other discovery type missions (not changing sides).  Chemdawg came along with me and a few others on the resupply runs.  It was somewhat rewarding to see the fires in Refineries go out.  If some opposition logged on then we were free to engage as were they.  This is totally new to the AHII community and MOTD should state this maybe a little more clearly.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
This is the funniest thread ever.  :lol

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Ummmm,

I think they are more like guidelines    :D  OH, nevermind, that was the Pirate's Code of Honor.  :devil

I must admit Stampf, that I must turn myself in for violation of Rule #6 as stated.  During the last round, I made it my duty to make at least one supply run a day.  

Like others with limited cpu time.  I fly when I can.  I made no attacks on enemy targets but I did advance our war effort by contributing to the repair of our bases.  As one who had lobbied heavily for this feature.  This is how I invisioned it would work:  Off peak hours, without opposition players assume the roll of preparing for the next battle.  That would include base resupply and other discovery type missions (not changing sides).  Chemdawg came along with me and a few others on the resupply runs.  It was somewhat rewarding to see the fires in Refineries go out.  If some opposition logged on then we were free to engage as were they.  This is totally new to the AHII community and MOTD should state this maybe a little more clearly.

Chilli,

While supply runs may indeed furthur the effort of a side, they do not take away from the other sides ability to play the game to the fullest.  We are working on a more inclusive MOTD.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »
That can be explained.  I logged in to check the ords at A28 and saw chemdawg milking.  You just showed up at the wrong time; I was never in the air.  Sorry if I was a little harsh.

From another perspective, the "win" criteria vs obstacles like number of strats, equipment costs and field to target distances, shifted tactics away from battles and onto raids.  Still fun was most definitely had especially during the first round.  The Axis forces pinched the Allies pretty good in the first round.  Faced with the same fields and less equipment, Allies upped the importance on flattening anything Axis.  Take away the "win" factor and I believe you wouldn't have considered what Chemdawg was doing as milking.  

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »
Chilli,

While supply runs may indeed furthur the effort of a side, they do not take away from the other sides ability to play the game to the fullest.  We are working on a more inclusive MOTD.

:aok  Understood, I agree 100% and am not for taking away from Axis fun (except only when they have too much of it making my hide a lead magnet). :salute

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
Dang it!!  :rofl  Is there any way of locking this thread. I posed a straight forward question and wanted it visible for all to see. That way anyone else who was under the same assumption I was did not make the same mistake. Thats why Drill Sergeants yell at you in the masses and not alone, so that you, as a group are learning the rules and the Drills dont have to keep teaching the same rule over and over to each and everyone.

Now I know a certain allied squad brings these gamey, lame, fun destroying tactics to the allied side.  Please think for yourselves.

Please sir,  tell me your not speaking of the Avengers as lame AND holding a staff position. Even if you aren't speaking of the Avengers aren't you supposed to be unbiased or am I wrong in this? I understand that you have flown Axis, and I can understand , but I believe if you are in a position of authority, your favoritism can no longer come into play.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »
Things will get out of hand Chem, yes.  :rolleyes:

No, not the Avengers.  The Avengers have brought alot of good things to the Arena.  Also, what I stated and how I stated it is completely in line with my position as Staff.  If an Axis squad was engaged in activities that the Staff saw as degrading to the arena and the community of players, I would not hesitate to bring that to light as well sir.  In fact, I framed my post as coming from Staff for just that reason.

Thanks for bringing your question to the bbs.  I hope it was (through the maze) answered for you.  :aok

P.S. Hopefully the Axis guys can get some more numbers, as they have been very badly outnumbered the last couple weeks (at least when I am online), so that I can up some sorties with the 'good guys', and shoot down some of those tater tards.  :)
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
I think this is being taken to the extream, I also read what Mr Fork had to say about this subject in the beginning and the key word was "Reasonable". During the last round Stampf and myself often found ourselves the only two on in the early AM ( my time), he hitting his strats , me hitting mine, sometimes we would engage, sometimes not, sometimes he was first on , sometimes me. The point is that SOMEONE has to be the first to log on. What ? are we just all going to sit on the side lines till someone calls "OK 1-2-3 start". Someone whining about someone milking is just BS in my opinion, , if you log on and see strats being hit then up a fighter and do something about it, the other player will most likely be glad to have some opposition. As Mr Fork also said "War never sleeps". I thought what we were trying to achieve here was to expand the player base, the new guy logging on or the one drifting over from the MA gets the impression that the AvA is still just an elitists group with too many rules.
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »
P.S. Hopefully the Axis guys can get some more numbers, as they have been very badly outnumbered the last couple weeks (at least when I am online), so that I can up some sorties with the 'good guys', and shoot down some of those tater tards.  :)
Blasphemy! :)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
Blasphemy! :)

I know, but you have the benefit of "knowing" me well Bubi. Many, especially on the Allied side do not.  My biggest concern upon accepting the position was my "percieved" fanatical dedication to all things Axis.  You know fully my unbiased position concerning the health of the Arena.

I think this is being taken to the extream, I also read what Mr Fork had to say about this subject in the beginning and the key word was "Reasonable". During the last round Stampf and myself often found ourselves the only two on in the early AM ( my time), he hitting his strats , me hitting mine, sometimes we would engage, sometimes not, sometimes he was first on , sometimes me. The point is that SOMEONE has to be the first to log on. What ? are we just all going to sit on the side lines till someone calls "OK 1-2-3 start". Someone whining about someone milking is just BS in my opinion, , if you log on and see strats being hit then up a fighter and do something about it, the other player will most likely be glad to have some opposition. As Mr Fork also said "War never sleeps". I thought what we were trying to achieve here was to expand the player base, the new guy logging on or the one drifting over from the MA gets the impression that the AvA is still just an elitists group with too many rules.
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers

Growing pains Bull, growing pains.  Ugly but inevitable for sure.  "Reasonable" is the Key.  Taking away the ability of one side to even play is not reasonable.  Playing when you can...that's reasonable, and no one is too concerned with one or two guys making a few bombing, or supply runs in the morning.  It's when the all encompassing win at all costs mentality reers it's ugly head, then the Staff needs to do something to keep the Arena breathing.

everyone needs to look at eachother as AvA Pilots.  Not Axis, or Allied ones.  When one is so absorbed in winning, everything that someone from the other side does, says, posts, whatever, is seen as coming from the "enemy".  Their are no real enemies here, other than the ones we create ourselves.  If their were no Allies, there would be no Axis, and vica versa, if you follow my thoughts here, and I know that you  ( and your unit) personally do.  Each side needs to police and educate their members to the importance of looking at this as a team effort.

One team, regardless of the markings on the wings.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -