Author Topic: Resetting the Map Room  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: Resetting the Map Room
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Another question: (sorry for the hijack), but where is the map room on a CV?  I know there is one, because I've seen the Rooks capture one before in Early War.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »
Another question: (sorry for the hijack), but where is the map room on a CV?  I know there is one, because I've seen the Rooks capture one before in Early War.

<S>

Yossarian

This has to be a troll but I'll answer it anyway.  You can't capture CVs the conventional way.  You have to take over the controlling port and then sink the CV.  Once the CV respawns, it will automatically belong to the country that controls the port the CV belongs to. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
OK, here's a question.

Let's say both the Rooks and Bish are attacking a Knight field at the same time.

The Rooks get 8 troops in and 2 die.

Then immediately after the Bish show up and let out troops, also get 8 in and 2 die.

Did the Bish troops cancel out the rook troops? 

Or are Rooks and Bish both just two troops from the capture if they get them there in time?

(i'm fairly certain that the Bish can't "use" the Rook troops and only put in two troops to get the capture, but to be honest i've not tried it, that's just a gut feeling)

There's only one man who can answer this...
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »
On an unrelated, yet almost related subject.  Is anyone aware of an ariel view of a standard town which shows what the structures on the airfield are? For instance, which hanger is the plane hanger and which is the vehicle hanger?  I have no idea what, or where the map room is.  Also, does the town next to the base serve a purpose other than extra AAA?
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
The map room is in the town adjacent the airfield. Vehicle bases have the maproom on the base.

In the game, you can click on the maps and find the default maps for the towns and bases. There are some available with more details listed, and color coded.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
Ok, thanks for trying to answer my question even if it did appear to be a troll  :aok.

But in Early War a few weeks ago, the Rooks did capture a CV.  I double checked it, and the "field ## has been captured" message did have a CV number.
[/hijack]

ODBAL, you should definitely read the Aces High help pages.  Look through the menus on the Aces High home page, and you'll find Aces High Training Corps? or "Need Training?".  If you want, please PM me with your e-mail address, and when I get home in a bit under a week, I'll send you an abridged version of my Aces High bookmarks in which I have a LOT of brilliant help pages.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 04:06:04 PM »
On an unrelated, yet almost related subject.  Is anyone aware of an ariel view of a standard town which shows what the structures on the airfield are? For instance, which hanger is the plane hanger and which is the vehicle hanger?  I have no idea what, or where the map room is.  Also, does the town next to the base serve a purpose other than extra AAA?

Right click the clipboard and select clipboard maps.  To capture an airfield you have to flatten the town and get ten troops into the maproom located near the big silver tank.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:07:36 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »
On an unrelated, yet almost related subject.  Is anyone aware of an ariel view of a standard town which shows what the structures on the airfield are?

go to http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/maps/maps.pdf and you will have a PDF file of printable field maps.  I printed them out for my notebook and refer them all the time while in flight.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
But in Early War a few weeks ago, the Rooks did capture a CV.  I double checked it, and the "field ## has been captured" message did have a CV number.

Yes, that is the system message that posts, when the CV changes ownership as AKAK described.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
WmLute I'd say they are both 2 troops short of a capture. And the first one to get 10 troops in (or 2 more troops inside the time limit) will take the field.

OK, here's a question.

Let's say both the Rooks and Bish are attacking a Knight field at the same time.

The Rooks get 8 troops in and 2 die.

Then immediately after the Bish show up and let out troops, also get 8 in and 2 die.

Did the Bish troops cancel out the rook troops? 

Or are Rooks and Bish both just two troops from the capture if they get them there in time?

(i'm fairly certain that the Bish can't "use" the Rook troops and only put in two troops to get the capture, but to be honest i've not tried it, that's just a gut feeling)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
Ok, thanks for trying to answer my question even if it did appear to be a troll  :aok.

[/hijack]

ODBAL, you should definitely read the Aces High help pages.  Look through the menus on the Aces High home page, and you'll find Aces High Training Corps? or "Need Training?".  If you want, please PM me with your e-mail address, and when I get home in a bit under a week, I'll send you an abridged version of my Aces High bookmarks in which I have a LOT of brilliant help pages.

<S>

Yossarian

Yea, I read thru them all I can during the day when I'm at work.  When I'm at home and have spare time it's for flying not reading.  There is so much information to assimilate in this game.  The help pages are great, but when I remember a specific thing I need answered I post the question here, which is after all why it exists, no?
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Yea, I read thru them all I can during the day when I'm at work.  When I'm at home and have spare time it's for flying not reading.  There is so much information to assimilate in this game.  The help pages are great, but when I remember a specific thing I need answered I post the question here, which is after all why it exists, no?

ya know, if ya cut back on the drinking you might have a few more brain cells to retain some of this info.                     :devil

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:10 AM »
ya know, if ya cut back on the drinking you might have a few more brain cells to retain some of this info.                     :devil

Perhaps you should link to the correct answer.

There certainly seems to be some measure of disagreement among the "knowledgeable" AH2 community.

I think that perhaps your brain cells protest too much... :devil

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
Perhaps you should link to the correct answer.

There certainly seems to be some measure of disagreement among the "knowledgeable" AH2 community.

I think that perhaps your brain cells protest too much... :devil

You may or may not have noticed that we are both in the same squad. My post, while a bit of a hijack, was just some teasing fun.

As for the OP question, it doesn't state a direct answer any where. I know for certain that you can NOT reset the map room....an laugh each time I hear people yell for troops to do so  :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 07:09:52 AM »

Perhaps you should renew your subscription to Modern AH magazine.

:)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.