Author Topic: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2008, 01:41:31 PM »
The KKK in his name could be an acronym for Ku Klux Klan, it might not be. For the sake of argument, let's assume that it is.

Shouldn't we be politically correct and respect his or her ideological differences? Shouldn't we be tolerant, even if we don't think they are? They shouldn't be banned because someone takes their own interpretation of the name and decides to be appalled by it. After all, ANY name that might represent a philosophy, belief system, or culture can be construed as offensive to someone, somewhere. A whole lot of people would need to be banned. That is, if fairness were of any concern.

Acceptance and political correctness may not work for you. The only other way to be fair would be to ban EVERY person whose name can be perceived to be associated in any way with any group. (Remember: somewhere in the world, someone will be offended by any group). I've seen a MormonAce, a Bpanther, and a Commie3 before. Each of these names, or the groups they may represent, might be deeply offensive to some people. If KKKUNITE is a name that will get you banned, so should the three listed. I should probably be banned as well. My name, WalrusG, represents bear food. All those folks who say, "Don't feed the bears," are most likely stricken with horror upon seeing my name.
BS. There is a big difference between a domestic terrorist group like the KKK and a religious group or a political party. Bpanther is over the line as well.
Imagine someone came in with the gameid AlQueada.
Over the line.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
when you do this, shouldn't it also be filmed?

Just a screenshot that shows the names I'm sure would suffice along with the .report.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
No ... it's a law in Germany ... all though, I am sure that other European countries that felt the wrath of the Nazis wouldn't care to see them displayed either ... but I believe that it is Germany that is the impetus for HTC to not show the Nazi symbol ... else the game would be banned in Germany.

Can't show red blood in video games either over there. 

ack-ack

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »

ack-ack

really? i never would've thought of that........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »

ack-ack

but wait........when we take a pilot wound, there's red blood on the windscreen....in my case ususally that on the inside with all of my motor oil on the outside/.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
but wait........when we take a pilot wound, there's red blood on the windscreen....
It's ketchup!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »
It's ketchup!

oooooooo.....so THAT'S why it doesn't hurt!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
but wait........when we take a pilot wound, there's red blood on the windscreen....in my case ususally that on the inside with all of my motor oil on the outside/.....

Don't know but each game we've localized for Germany we've had to remove all blood and gore or our games couldn't be sold.  We usually change the color of the blood from red to green, which we can get away with because our games are fantasy based RPGs for the most part.

The game Carmaggedon is another example.  The German version had the blood and gore removed, the red was changed to green and the people because aliens to explain why there bodies would splatter green blood all over your windshield.

That's really nothing though, some countries have gone even further, like Greece and Brazil and have outlawed various game genres, though I do think Greece repealed the most of their Draconian measures.

ack-ack

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »
  good to see folks speaking there minds. not always the best reading but  :salute to those who do  and a bigger  :salute to the ability to do so     I dont think the tards will last very long   from 1 acehole to another :salute
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
Not to mention "noodlesCKR" and "CUMBUBBL"
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
There are many names out there that I thought to be offensive or out of the rules for HTC.

If you can't say Sh or as you should not be allowed to have a name like buttplug.

Anyway the last one I seen and reported was JUKILLER. Could he have meant JU-88 killer ect. ect    NO!!!!!!! he meant meant to offend just like KKKUNITE means exactly what it says.

You other reckless fools out there that try to defend this behavior are the same dopes who  help keep the American Flag out of schools, off city/goverment vehicles and God's name out of Society. We really don't need you in the game or country IMO
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:01:16 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »
You other reckless fools out there that try to defend this behavior are the same dopes who  help keep the American Flag out of schools, off city/goverment vehicles and God's name out of Society. We really don't need you in the game or country IMO

:salute Well said!  :aok
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

I've already made it clear I think HiTech can, should, and will get rid of these names in his private house (Aces High)...  So the following points are just for my personal views in real life on the streets, but...

I'm not sure just how much direct experience you have with freedom of speech issues.  I have quite a bit.  In my experience it is not the people protecting the 1st Amendment that are trying to get the flag out of schools, or God's name out of society.  It's the people who go bonkers every time something offends them.

It's a thankless task standing up for people you, I, and everyone else has good reason to hate, but, you're very welcome.

That being said, if anyone wants to argue with me on this, let's do it in PM's.  I'm bowing out of this conversation as it's akin to having a political argument at a dinner party.  This is HiTech's house, and I'm not complaining.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
Thanks for the posts guys I really have no problem with the BADMOFO name but I do and my squaddies I was flying with tonight have an issue with the KKKUNITE name.  :furious It was quite apparant that they were a couple of young kids thinking that it was funny. But when asked nicely to log and change their name they didn't. We as a squad landed and left the arena.

I respect every player on this game or BBS no matter their age, race, religon, s*xual preference :aok  but I get very upset about this Name :furious , even thought we may have different views on other matters on the BBS (that is what puts spice in life) I hope we all stand behind this one. :salute

Good Post Baitman...  :salute

IMHO HTC should PNG those IP addresses (at least KKKUnite). This is no place for a "screen name" that references such a loathsome organization. Free speech has responsibility attached... Yelling Fire in a crowded theatre or saying the word "bomb" before boarding an airliner both have consequences. I don't tolerate racism or discrimination in my workplace or in my home and I see no reason to "live" with it here. I won't be associated with an entity that does tolerate blatant racism or discrimination, which is why you would never see me at either a Neo Nazi rally or Reverend Wright's Church. As much as I love Aces High, if it becomes a refuge for racebaiting bigots, "Brand X" combat Flight Sim will get a new subscriber.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.