Author Topic: Why was A72 reset last nite  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why was A72 reset last nite
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »
WHAT DID I ACCUSE THEM OF.
By questioning why they did it you're insinuating that they had an agenda when they reset the base.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »
I see that I do not have 4 gold stars underneath my name over there, but if it is going to take 2080 post to get one.. seems we can start now.  You see.... if you got 4 gold stars (2000+) Post... you JUST think your GOD in here. 
I do? Ok :rolleyes:
what fellow player have I accused or attacked in here. 
Read your replies to shifty and I again. Not that I care, I actually found your pathetic attempts to insult me amusing.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Move along, nothing to see here
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »
Eagleheartone, is maybe over reacting a bit.  :rolleyes:  Like someone said, the map is buggy.   :salute All the AvA players that have done such an awesome job of realizing BOA is essentially in its beta stage.

Staff, has a much larger presence in this arena, and I sincerely believe that no disrespect has been intended.  Eagle your my bro, and I am feeling you.  I just think we have been in war mode a little to long (yes, I have had to adjust my attitude, also).  

Since this is the first time we have run this setup, and have been experiencing problems, how many folks including commanders would like to see the stats revealed and no "winner" declared? (after the end on Tuesday I believe).  

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »
the CM's get a discount on thier account.

Nope.  Staff members get the same, and pay the same, as anyone else.

- oldman

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »
I see nothing wrong with Eagle's initial post. I too would like to see the initial settings announced to all and also when they get changed except for the weather of course. But after the initial post it went down hill quick. How about just a straight forward answer from the staff only and then everyone else let it go.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »
How about just a straight forward answer from the staff only and then everyone else let it go.

....in a perfect world

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »
Let's not crucify Eagle or Fork on this one.  I understand Eagle's frustration and I understand CM's "fixing" things from time to time.

Oldman asked about relaxing some rules to get players involved in another thread.  The  AVA needs a Big Beer imo.

Make the AVA different than the MA by keeping it 2 sides but weekly rotate different historical matchups and eras.  Keep 3k icons, but go back to the standard setup including base capture.  Rotate the best maps once a week.  Make the objectives focused. For example Allies have to capture field X, Allies have to capture field Y.   Rinse repeat whenever someone wins.

HAVE FUN.  I really believe it is just this simple.  Make the arena fun for all styles of play within a historical framework.  I think the numbers will go through the roof.

S!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:53:17 PM by Virage »
JG11

Vater

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
Umm I flew 7 C-47'S last night and it resupplied the field.  What else did you want to know Eaglehrt?

So one of the main game programers flew 7 c-47 missions from midnight say till almost morning to get a base back up,
    "($DO that wasn't suppose to have the ability to be re-supplyed)"
    "($then the question is was it done by mouse click or flying)"

"$ if that is just Forks sense of humor(sarcasim) and there really is a bug and it reset itself

$why did they not all reset %")

From one Unix programmer to another :)))

Just my two cents

It seems like this reset happens about 1 week after a new war starts
and right before it ends

Creating sauce for the goose...

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2008, 09:12:22 PM »
Fork is a player just exactly the same as you.  He pays to play and volunteers his time.

We must all remember that the AvA is in a development stage and of course there will glitches, mistakes and just plain bad ideas.  But for those of us who have flown the AvA (aka CT) long ago this new spark, no matter its temporary flaws, are quite excited and grateful.

Let's work together guys and not let our frustrations get control of us.  Trust me I've been there, done that and no good can come from it. <S>
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
Fork is a player just exactly the same as you.  He pays to play and volunteers his time.

We must all remember that the AvA is in a development stage and of course there will glitches, mistakes and just plain bad ideas.  But for those of us who have flown the AvA (aka CT) long ago this new spark, no matter its temporary flaws, are quite excited and grateful.

Let's work together guys and not let our frustrations get control of us.  Trust me I've been there, done that and no good can come from it. <S>

Hey Im with you 100 percent

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »

I am with The Bug on this.  The CT are working hard to get AVA a working arena that more and more people will come in.  From the time they started this in January till now, i can see AVA will evolved into something better.  U didn't like the set up of base capturing but like a the budget idea.  I am sure there is good coming out of this all.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 01:51:22 AM »
Seems someone wants to hold my hand at the convention... motherland...I'll see ya there.
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:18 AM »
Seems someone wants to hold my hand at the convention... motherland...I'll see ya there.

Good.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
Speaking of the CON. Slash my kid has a football game Friday night, so I'll be dragging in Saturday morning. Look forward to meeting you foinally. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
*looks up wondering if I have enough gold stars for my opinion to count

ooooohhhhh five of them  :t

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute