Author Topic: While this nation of ours bleeds........  (Read 1534 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
While this nation of ours bleeds........
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »

It might anger you as much as it does me..........but between now and election day in November...... Congress has only 35 work days scheduled.

Just thought some of you would like to know that.

The people who ran for election and promised so many things to be done in the "first 100 days" have sold us out.

These people who earn full time wages for part time work....who only need to serve one term to gain lifetime health and retirement & salary benefits.

The time is near when I think angry mobs will literally walk on washington and pull these fat corrupt bureaucrats out into the streets by their well coiffed hair pieces.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:44:16 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Re: While this nation of ours bleeds........
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »
this way they'll pass less stupid laws that only take our freedoms away

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »

The time is near when I think angry mobs will literally walk on washington and pull these fat corrupt bureaucrats out into the streets by their well coiffed hair pieces.

Never happen. The populace has been so well-tamed the government can get away with anything if they use a light touch.

They start 'em young. Fighting is alway 100% of the time wrong for any reason. Tag is considered a violent game, boys get expelled for drawing pictures of guns or pointing their finger and saying "bang". Any sign of male behavior is medicated with ritalin. You don't get Boston Tea Partys out of a generation like this.

Another irony, after trying to psychologically castrate boys for 18 years, they then expect these boys to go into the millitary and fight their quagmires for them, against some of Earth's most feral residents. Madness!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:36:39 PM by BnZ »

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
Never happen. The populace has been so well-tamed the government can get away with anything if they use a light touch.

They start 'em young. Fighting is alway 100% of the time wrong for any reason. Tag is considered a violent game, boys get expelled for drawing pictures of guns or pointing their finger and saying "bang". Any sign of male behavior is medicated with ritalin. You don't get Boston Tea Partys out of a generation like this.

Another irony, after trying to psychologically castrate boys for 18 years, they then expect these boys to go into the millitary and fight their quagmires for them, against some of Earth's most feral residents. Madness!

Intesting take for sure........and I agree with everyting but your opening two words....
I do think that when enough former middle class people can no longer eat.......it will happen.

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »
this way they'll pass less stupid laws that only take our freedoms away

Bingo!

I'd vote to triple all their pay if they'd agreed to only be in session 20 days out of every 365.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »
he people who ran for election and promised so many things to be done in the "first 100 days" have sold us out.

You just figured that out?

The day Politics became a profession is the day our freedom started dieing.

And big city politics?? What wretched hives of villainy. Honestly I never knew manure could be piled so high as it is in big city politics. If they only knew the contempt I have for them all.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »

And big city politics?? What wretched hives of villainy. Honestly I never knew manure could be piled so high as it is in big city politics. If they only knew the contempt I have for them all.
Amen and politics in small town America can be just as bad.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

Uh?  Are you being ironic when you talk about the day when Politics became a profession?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »
Bingo!

I'd vote to triple all their pay if they'd agreed to only be in session 20 days out of every 365.

I'd pay 10 times more if it were just for 1....

Personally, if they ever came out side of Austin/Houston Texas, they'd have to hire extra security. Austin (for the most part) is full of idiot college students and idiot professors...  :rolleyes:

Last time I was at UT, I got into a 20 minute argument w/ a college professor about Congress...
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
Well lets see since most of congress is made up of former lawyers would you expect any thing less?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39:34 AM »

Intesting take for sure........and I agree with everyting but your opening two words....
I do think that when enough former middle class people can no longer eat.......it will happen.

ahhhh, the exuberance of youth.

Revolutions cost money, lives, sacred honor. Oh, sure... there will be some indignant BBS postings; many hefty rants. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No 'revolution', though. Most that might be willing can't even afford the gas money to get to D.C. and just 'protest' in person... let alone figure out how to whip tanks, armored heli's, and the other accourtements of an exceedingly well trained military that now has about 6 years experience in controlling a hostile population, has demonstrated it can put down well armed insurrections, run city wide searches and home invasions, do effective media suppression and maintain a successful occupation.

But hey... we still have the right to own a pistol to shoot ourselves in the head with....

;)

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 05:05:07 AM »
If you want to get rid of them you have to vote them out! But like in my state of the 98 officials running only 2 encumbants were not elected. Look at Marion Berry, mayor of Washington DC. He was caught buying drugs and he gets re-elected. There are others like Barnie Frank who had a prostitution ring running out of his house. He gets re-elected. It just goes on. The people in charge are only reflections of our fast failing society.

We have to vote these scandrals out and stop listening to all the rhetoric.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:21 AM »
  Out of the last 28 years, 20 of those are with Republican rule.   Blame everyone but yourself I guess, seems to be the republican mantra.

Maybe if we would have listened to Carter many years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess.

" Feb. 25--PLAINS -- As president, Jimmy Carter installed solar panels atop the White House. He championed coal and nuclear power. He taxed oil company profits. He created the U.S. Department of Energy. He introduced America to ethanol.

"Oil imports plummeted during the Carter administration. Renewable energy research skyrocketed. Cars got more miles per gallon of gas. Thermostats were lowered to 55 degrees at night.

On Feb. 2, 1977, Carter donned a wool cardigan and asked a national TV audience to conserve energy. Two months later, he likened America's struggle to reduce Middle Eastern oil imports to the "moral equivalent of war."

Carter met the problems by starting sweeping oil-reduction reforms, including creation of the Cabinet-level Department of Energy.

He began spending millions of dollars researching alternative sources for electrical power, including solar power. He got utilities to cut their use of oil for electricity and ramp up their use of natural gas or coal.

"Up until Carter, we were getting about 20 percent of our electricity from oil generation," said Jay Hakes, director of the Energy Information Administration under Carter and an authority on modern presidents and oil. "And post-Carter, it went down to about 3 percent."

Carter insisted that U.S. automakers build more fuel-efficient cars, with a goal of 27.5 miles per gallon over the following decade - a requirement passed under Gerald Ford but put into force by Carter.

He offered incentives for getting oil from shale, creating a boom initially in the Rockies - and a bust when it failed to be cost-effective. He offered deductions for using solar water heaters in homes and commercial buildings.

"People in the upper-income bracket were always looking for tax cuts. They were going to build a house anyhow, so they were saying, 'Well let's look at this solar stuff and see what we can do,' " said Marc Giaccardo, a professor at the University of Texas at San Antonio who at the time was an Albuquerque architect.

Carter even had solar collec tors installed on the White House grounds to heat the executive residence's water.

Then Carter lost re-election to Ronald Reagan in 1980. The so lar panels at the White House eventually came down - and Reagan and his aides gutted the solar research program.

"In June or July of 1981, on the bleakest day of my professional life, they descended on the Solar Energy Research Institute, fired about half of our staff and all of our contractors, including two people who went on to win Nobel prizes in other fields, and reduced our $130 million budget by $100 million," recalls Denis Hayes, the founder of Earth Day, who had been hired by Carter to spearhead the solar initiative.

Reagan and Congress stopped aggressively pushing new auto efficiency standards, acceding to Detroit's desire to leave them at Carter-era levels. They let the solar tax benefit expire, and the nascent solar industry went belly- up.

It was time to let the markets work their magic and stop all this government tinkering, Reagan and conservatives said."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:03:37 AM by Mojava »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »
term limits and line item veto. It would be a start.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »
Excerpt from "The Fourth Turning" by William Strauss and Neil Howe

"America feels like it’s unraveling.

Though we live in an era of relative peace and comfort, we have settled into a mood of pessimism about the long-term future, fearful that our superpower nation is somehow rotting from within.
Neither an epic victory over Communism nor an extended upswing of the business cycle can buoy our public spirit.  The Cold War and New Deal struggles are plainly over, but we are of no mind to bask in their successes.  The America of today feels worse, in its fundamentals, than the one many of us remember from youth, a society presided over by those of supposedly lesser consciousness.  Wherever we look, from L.A. to D.C., from Oklahoma City to Sun City, we see paths to a foreboding future.  We yearn for civic character but satisfy ourselves with symbolic gestures and celebrity circuses.  We perceive no greatness in our leaders, a new meanness in ourselves.  Small wonder that each new election brings a new jolt, its aftermath a new disappointment.
Not long ago, America was more than the sum of its parts.  Now, it is less.  Around World War II, we were proud as a people but modest as individuals.  Fewer than two people in ten said yes when asked “Are you a very important person?”  Today, more than six in ten say yes.  Where we once thought ourselves collectively strong, we now regard ourselves as individually entitled.

Yet even while we exalt our own personal growth, we realize that millions of self-actualized persons don’t add up to an actualized society.  Popular trust in virtually every American institution—from businesses and governments to churches and newspapers—keeps falling to new lows.  Public debts soar, the middle class shrinks, welfare dependencies deepen, and cultural wars worsen by the year.  We now have the highest incarceration rate, and the lowest eligible-voter participation rate, of any major democracy.  Statistics inform us that many adverse trends (crime, divorce, abortion, scholastic aptitudes) may have bottomed out, but we’re not reassured.

Optimism still attaches to self, but no longer to family or community.  Most Americans express more hope for their own prospects than for their children’s—or the nation’s.  Parents widely fear that the American Dream, which was there (solidly) for their parents and still there (barely) for them, will not be there for their kids.  Young householders are reaching their mid-thirties never having known a time when America seemed to be on the right track.  Middle-aged people look at their thin savings accounts and slim-to-none pensions, scoff at an illusory Social Security trust fund, and try not to dwell on what a burden their old age could become.  Seniors separate into their own Leisure World, recoiling at the lost virtue of youth while trying not to think about the future.

We perceive our civic challenge as some vast, insoluble Rubik’s Cube.  Behind each problem lies another problem that must be solved first, and behind that lies yet another, and another, ad infinitum.  To fix crime we have to fix the family, but before we do that we have to fix welfare, and that means fixing our budget, and that means fixing our civic spirit, but we can’t do that without fixing moral standards, and that means fixing schools and churches, and that means fixing the inner cities, and that’s impossible unless we fix crime.  There’s no fulcrum on which to rest a policy lever.  People of all ages sense that something huge will have to sweep across America before the gloom can be lifted—but that’s an awareness we suppress.  As a nation, we’re in deep denial.

While we grope for answers, we wonder if analysis may be crowding out our intuition.  Like the anxious patient who takes 17 kinds of medicine while poring over his own CAT scan, we find it hard to stop and ask: What is the underlying malady really about?  How can we best bring the primal forces of nature to our assistance?  Isn’t there a choice lying somewhere between total control and total despair?  Deep down, beneath the tangle of trend lines, we suspect that our history or biology or very humanity must have something simple and important to say to us.  But we don’t know what it is.  If we once did know, we have since forgotten.

Wherever we’re headed, America is evolving in ways most of us don’t like or understand.  Individually focused yet collectively adrift, we wonder if we’re heading toward a waterfall.
Are we?"

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute