Author Topic: hmmmm another lucky hit%  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: hmmmm another lucky hit%
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
Anyone that manipulates their statistics unethically, is only doing so as an attention getting device, they are rendering their statistics useless as a potential tool for self-improvement.

Why I only ever record all flights under fighter. Always thought the Attack catagory was useless for working out anything other then for a way to pad your score.

Flying only one aircraft and always under fighter keeps it nice and simple. Though the only stats that have ever changed significantly are hit% and number of assists with the switch from Yak-9U to Yak-9T :D

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:40:15 PM by Gixer »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
Why I only ever record all flights under fighter. Always thought the Attack catagory was useless for working out anything other then for a way to pad your score.

Flying only one aircraft and always under fighter keeps it nice and simple. Though the only stats that have ever changed significantly are hit% and number of assists with the switch from Yak-9U to Yak-9T :D

<S>...-Gixer

If your intent is to preserve the integrity of your statistics as a self-improvement tool, flying exclusively under fighter mode is problematic. If you strafe ground targets in fighter mode, your hit% statistic is rendered useless as an accurate measurement of your aim.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:45:24 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »
If your intent is to preserve the integrity of your statistics as a self-measuring tool, flying exclusively under fighter mode is problematic. If you strafe ground targets in fighter mode, your hit% is now useless as an accurate measurement of your aim.

I only have 32 rounds last thing I'm going to do is waste one on a building. Fighter mode means fighter mode imho nothing else.

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:48:33 PM by Gixer »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »
I only have 32 rounds last thing I'm going to do is waste one on a building. Fighter mode means fighter mode imho nothing else.

<S>...-Gixer

So, if you know for a fact you are only going to apply your weaponry air to air there's obviously no reason to use the attack mode...For most though, if they predict the fight may end up over an enemy field, the attack mode is usefull. I know a lot of people who only score in fighter mode if they are going to vulch, they won't strafe anything, not even a field gun, they'll circle waiting for someone else to do it to preserve their score, then continue vulching... :O
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:57:31 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
So, if you know for a fact you are only going to apply your weaponry air to air there's obviously no reason to use the attack mode...For most though, if they predict the fight may end up over an enemy field, the attack mode is usefull. I know a lot of people who only score in fighter mode if they are going to vulch, they won't strafe anything, not even a field gun, they'll circle waiting for someone else to do it to preserve their score, then continue vulching... :O

i know people like that too :O :O
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
Na, He coverd it up after he got called out on it one night.  He had his hit% at 35, now its at 19 or somthing.  :lol

LOL!  It was funny watching the other day when he was accusing someone for vulching a 2nd account when all the while he was vulching bombers to get the #1 fighter spot.  Kids these days, I weep for them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »

Yep.   That is why regardless of my "Flight status", if I see an upper, it's going bye bye.   I see a FG, it's going bye-bye.   If someone needs a building down, same.   I don't care if 10 rounds don't count towards "rank".   "Rank"  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl   oooooooooh boy.   

I'll never understand why some expect others to be "impressed" because they refuse to "pitch in for fear their score would be compromised".   What these people haven't figured out is that most KNOW who the "good folks are without mention of score."   
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:26:29 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »
Well....it depends what the allegation is.   

Vulching bombers to pad score.  It's only two weeks into the current tour and he already has 93 bomber kills.  Now, if it was in the LW then it wouldn't raise any eyebrows but in the MW, it's a tad suspicious.  I fly in the MW pretty much exclusively and I've never run into 93 bombers before in a tour, let alone just two weeks into it.  Besides, if you fly in the MW, biggamer is one of the arena's score ho's.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
If you claim anything else, you're nothing but communist.

:rofl

I'm going to use that at the end of all my arguments and debates.

ack-ack

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »
Skyrock, how are you determining this?  The only way I can see to find these gems would be going down the list of players checking each one out?  (If so, why, bother ????)

<S>

I noticed a new name in the top ten, found it odd at his high hit%, then posted, that's all!  Checked out what aircraft he was shooting at to have such a high hit% and noticed he be finding mucho bombers and not many fighters.......

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
Midwar?
Lighten up Francis

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »
its biggamer?
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »
Post count bump?

yep. Whats im always trying to do.
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
I've always advocated a publicly accessable timestamped logging system like Airwarrior had. It was quite fun to read. If you had some imagination you could replay the battle in your mind from the logs. It was especially fun to read if you also had film from one perspective. You could deduce what transpired before you engaged and after you died. Also, when you pulled up someone's scoresheet, you could see the last 8-10 people they had shot down and the last person they got killed by. If we had something like this it would be as obvious as a dog's balls if someone were unethically manipulating the scoring system and the identity of their "stooge" account would be revealed to those that cared to know for witch-hunting purposes.

That still wouldn't work.  One night before the scoring was split between EW, MW and LW I was in the MW arena.  I got a kill on a guy who obviously wasn't very good.  Then I saw an upper at an enemy base nearby and flew over.  I killed the same guy.  He must have been a n00b.  He kept upping and I'd let him fly out clear of ack then kill him again.  I ended up killing the guy nine times before I ran low on fuel and left.  I sort of felt sorry for him but I just couldn't resist.    :D

As to hit%, I normally fly in fighter mode more than in attack mode.  If someone needs an ack or building down and no one else is around to do it I will.  If I spot a PT boat or something I'll kill it just to PO the guy.  Even at that my hit% is usually between 10-15%.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.