Author Topic: The Executive Ban? It's Gone! <sniker>  (Read 4999 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: The Executive Ban? It's Gone! <sniker>
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »
The EIA report is at: http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/anwr/pdf/sroiaf(2008)03.pdf

The USGS report it's based on: http://energy.cr.usgs.gov/OF98-34/

Oh this is about ANWAR. I'm in the wrong conversation. I thought this was about the offshore reserves. The situation with those is a joke. You can get the lease on the land, but then have to wait half a decade to maybe get the permit to actually drill it.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »
About time the ban was lifted.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
Yes he saying we need to be energy independent yet what has he done? Again I ask you why was it he helped get wind farms in Texas but he wont push for more nation wide? Or solar power?

Energy independent is just a catchy phrase for blundered speeches which pretty much means nothing more than drilling for oil to produce maybe 5% of our needs on a good day. The American people came behind FDR during WW2 because he was a leader. Bush has failed to lead this country. He could have done what ever was needed to make us energy independent after 9/11 and the country would have supported him.. If he were a leader.

Instead he's nothing more than a puppet..

Mr. Bush is one man, one president. The crunch of this energy problem started to become apparent after 9/11. Stop, it wasn't a conspiracy. Bush has led our country in liberating one of the most oppressed countries, with one of the most vile of Regimes, in world history. Now, he is doing his part. He's been saying for years that things needed to get to this point, he hasn't had much in the way of support from those who use the cloak of environmentalism to force alternate, and probably extremely deep in congressional kickback, energy sources. This congress knows what is upon us in the future if this crisis, yes crisis, continues. Yet, they lay dormant, tossing partisan insults and talking points back across the line, trying every way they can to tweak the smoke and mirror show of environmentalism on the hardworking people that make America, America. Congress wants failure. To the point where millions are homeless, broke or in such financial disarray that they have no choice to depend heavily on the monster (government) and it's bogus programs. All while they collect fat paychecks, health care benefits and pensions for their 'work'. Billions are spent in campaigns that get people full of hope for 'change' but end up netting the public with another leach in a leather office chair in DC. We get to pay for their lavish lifestyles, private jets, alcohol addictions and brain surgeries when we get nothing but mudslinging windbags who are as impotent as a 95 year old Billy Goat when it comes to getting something, ANYTHING done. 

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
Mr. Bush is one man, one president. The crunch of this energy problem started to become apparent after 9/11. Stop, it wasn't a conspiracy. Bush has led our country in liberating one of the most oppressed countries, with one of the most vile of Regimes, in world history. Now, he is doing his part. He's been saying for years that things needed to get to this point, he hasn't had much in the way of support from those who use the cloak of environmentalism to force alternate, and probably extremely deep in congressional kickback, energy sources. This congress knows what is upon us in the future if this crisis, yes crisis, continues. Yet, they lay dormant, tossing partisan insults and talking points back across the line, trying every way they can to tweak the smoke and mirror show of environmentalism on the hardworking people that make America, America. Congress wants failure. To the point where millions are homeless, broke or in such financial disarray that they have no choice to depend heavily on the monster (government) and it's bogus programs. All while they collect fat paychecks, health care benefits and pensions for their 'work'. Billions are spent in campaigns that get people full of hope for 'change' but end up netting the public with another leach in a leather office chair in DC. We get to pay for their lavish lifestyles, private jets, alcohol addictions and brain surgeries when we get nothing but mudslinging windbags who are as impotent as a 95 year old Billy Goat when it comes to getting something, ANYTHING done.

Oh no.....
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »
it will do no good to lift the ban on drilling, the environmentalists will just file lawsuit after lawsuit to delay the drilling. I have stock in a wildcat drilling company that had leases to drill offshore in state of Fla. controlled areas, the environmentalists with the help of the state tied up the leases for over 25 years with law suits. They would lose a suit and just file another one, a state official said "we will keep them ( the oil company) in court until they run out of money."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »
it will do no good to lift the ban on drilling, the environmentalists will just file lawsuit after lawsuit to delay the drilling. I have stock in a wildcat drilling company that had leases to drill offshore in state of Fla. controlled areas, the environmentalists with the help of the state tied up the leases for over 25 years with law suits. They would lose a suit and just file another one, a state official said "we will keep them ( the oil company) in court until they run out of money."

Exactly.. so why not put the resources into something that has been proven to work and is "real" renewable energy.. IE Solar Power and wind farms..

All bush did was create another media spectacle for nothing more than an attempt for some sort of political gain and hopes for better public approval. Essentially all he did was tossed a flat ball into the hands of congress. 

Lets just say Congress approved it with no questions asked. Next step each state's governors and local governments have to approve the drilling. Drilling for oil is a dead issue and it will do little to nothing for the price of gas or making us energy independent. Oil in short is a diying form of energy and we need to be working on the future not the past.

Meanwhile those very resource could be put into solar power and wind farms for cheap renewable power sources that would actually bring this country into the future rather than continuing on the path of a dead future. Have you ever heard of anyone who was against wind power or solar power? Assuming of course they aren't next to some one's house making them an annoyance.

edit..

The simple point I'm making here is we know there will be resistance to oil drilling even if it's passed by congress. Think of it like this Florida for instance relies heavily on tourism. Florida's beaches are major parts for that tourism. Drilling offshore puts the entire state's tourism industry at risk with very little to gain for that risk.

The state doesn't see much of that oil money, so why should people of this state not fight against a possible loss of tourism to something they get no benifit from? So of course people will fight it.

Nuclear power is fine by me as I said before we have 6 or 7 nuclear power plants in this state with zero issues. However there are many people that don't like them so again it's another issue that wastes time with little to gain.

On the flip side we have Solar and Wind power that can be used and there is very few people who fight against it yet we don't do it. Water takes the path of least resistance when flowing down hill because it has a simple job to do.. That's get to the bottom of the hill.

The bottom of the hill for us is cheap renewable energy. So we can choose to argue about something that will never happen.. (drilling offshore or adding more nuclear plants) or we can start working on proven systems that get very little resistance..

Too me the choice seems simple, but seem too many want to toss around the flat political ball and re spew what the talking heads on TV yap about, while claiming they are better than the other guys.. Rather than just getting the job done with the tools available.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:58:27 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 03:38:56 PM »
Mr. Bush is one man, one president.

JFK was one man and one president and his plans and leadership put us from zero to the moon in 10 years.
"strafing"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
Exactly.. so why not put the resources into something that has been proven to work and is "real" renewable energy.. IE Solar Power and wind farms..

Why not stop the frivolous lawsuits? Waste of taxpayer money.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2008, 04:08:37 PM »
JFK was one man and one president and his plans and leadership put us from zero to the moon in 10 years.

8 Years, and he wasn't even alive for 5 of them. It wasn't just his plans, it was the plans hatched by his advisors that he approved.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
crockett and obama want me to drive my car with wind power. :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »

AND YET china i think is drilling these very same places now?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »

Hey, we all drive their cars, might as well use their oil too......  :rolleyes:

Oh no.....

Oh no, Indeed....

EDIT: NEW YORK - Oil prices fell harder than they have in 17 years Tuesday.....
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:39:00 PM by REP0MAN »
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
Why not stop the frivolous lawsuits? Waste of taxpayer money.

Why not live in reality and just do something that's less likely to have lawsuites and be completed much faster.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »
crockett and obama want me to drive my car with wind power. :rofl

If you cut down on oil used in our power gird, it means there is more oil left over for fuel.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

China might be drilling in Cuba but they aren't drilling in Florida waters.
"strafing"