Author Topic: Ki-61  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ki-61
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:28 PM »
You talk of the Tony about as "Factually" as you discuss the State of the Polish Air Force at the start of WWII.    :aok

And you reply as wittily as you request aircraft that played no part in the war (read: poorly)

The Ki-61 can be compared to many craft. The P-51 is not one of them. In EVERY area where the P-51 has a strength, the Ki-61 has that as a weakness, and every area that the Ki-61 has a strength is the weakest area on the P-51.

P-51 has speed and lacks agility, the Ki-61 lacks almost any speed and is quite agile.

So try again to insult me masher, go ahead. You can't make any part of the P-51/Ki-61 comparison stick and you know it.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »

So try again to insult me masher, go ahead. You can't make any part of the P-51/Ki-61 comparison stick and you know it.

he wasn't trying to.

and in comparison to all the other jap aircraft in this GAME, it does handle like a P-51, well atleast for me it does.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:38 PM »
No, he was directly insulting me, and quite deliberately.

http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php?p1=p51d&p2=ki61

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 12:45:44 AM »
Been flying it lately, a lot.

P51 is NOT a comparison I would make.  It flies NOTHING like a P51 :salute
It feels more like a Spit then a Pony, I just haven't decided which Spit...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:21 AM »

well that is just what i refer it to. Never a spit though even though they are such easily defeated targets.

and it will fly close to a 51, more than the other jap planes.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 12:50:31 AM »
well that is just what i refer it to.

Fair enough.  You have the opinion that it is the Japanese P51.  To each their own.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »
No, he was directly insulting me, and quite deliberately.

http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php?p1=p51d&p2=ki61

Again, you haven't a clue about what I posted.   I don't need to lower myself to "insult" you.   Psst.   The Tony turned with FM2's in WWII.   In here it doesn't, <whispers>so what does that say about "charts"?

You deserve whatever "insults" you get for what you posted about Poland.   

Quite frankly, I wasn't even responding to your 51 comment.   More so towards "the inferior Niki" one.   But, hey, you know it all right?   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:04:18 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
And you reply as wittily as you request aircraft that played no part in the war (read: poorly)

I really do hate to burst your bubble but Polish aircraft did play a part in War World II, they were used to defend their country when they were invaded by Nazi Germany.  But that's not what this thread is discussing, my apologies for a hijack to the OP.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »

I think a more accurate comparison would be with the C.202 or bf 109-E, which is what the USAAF pilots at first thought the Ki-61 was when it was first encountered.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »
The Tony turned with FM2's in WWII.   In here it doesn't

It doesn't miss by much.  I was suprised at how well I did against an FM2 in it that one night.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »
Some of the ones he requested didn't do squat, ack-ack. And let us also not forget the Defiants... they were used in larger numbers, for longer, but they have no place in this game either. "sorry for the hijack" too.

I know it's got the same engine as a C202, but I think it feels more like a 109E than the Macchi, which just handles "uniquely" (IMO) in this game.

P.S. Masher: I'm 1/4 Polish. Don't get holier-than-thou because I responded negatively to a biased plane request wishlist. They also used unarmed motorcycles, they also used horse-drawn carriages (most of the German army was Horses almost the entire war), yet none of these would have a place in a tank-based warfare game. Neither would the Polish planes have any place in an overall WW2 game. If you have a game specifically tailored to the Polish conflict, then so be it. In the big picture these planes did nothing, and you didn't even look up some of the history on some of them before listing them in a wishlist thread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:16:32 PM by Krusty »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »
I think a more accurate comparison would be with the C.202 or bf 109-E, which is what the USAAF pilots at first thought the Ki-61 was when it was first encountered.

ack-ack

In the game of AH, it is MORE THAN a match for a Pony.   But, I'm sure Krusty who rarely flies the Tony in the Arenas, would say otherwise.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
^-- pissing and moaning because nobody likes him? I dunno.

I've flown the Ki61 more than most. Used to fly it regularly most tours. That thing called real life (and "work") gets in the way so I limit my planeset lately.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
Some of the ones he requested didn't do squat, ack-ack. And let us also not forget the Defiants... they were used in larger numbers, for longer, but they have no place in this game either. "sorry for the hijack" too.

I know it's got the same engine as a C202, but I think it feels more like a 109E than the Macchi, which just handles "uniquely" (IMO) in this game.

The only planes I've ever requested are the I.A.R. 81c, PBY5, Brewster, Ki-45 and the D.520.  

Again, you made so many errors and BS remarks about the Poles, you lost some credibility with many on this Board.   That, I can guarantee.    

I never insulted you, except in the Polish thread.   I'm far from it in here.   I even offered to help the thread poster, which I believe, no one else has done, including your "I'm elite but I rarely fly the Tony, but I'll chime in anyway" highness.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »
^-- pissing and moaning because nobody likes him? I dunno.

I've flown the Ki61 more than most. Used to fly it regularly most tours. That thing called real life (and "work") gets in the way so I limit my planeset lately.

Sorry, my statement stands.   Amazing on how I'm not even "insulting", but guess who is?    :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC