Author Topic: Ground Forces need your help!  (Read 86 times)

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Ground Forces need your help!
« on: June 18, 2000, 03:58:00 PM »
Hi All,
It must really suck to spend around an hour driving a tank only to have it damaged and have to ditch. I think the ground forces should be able to be re supplied from base camp. Imagine the tank battles which would ensue if tanks etc could be repaired at the battle site.
How can we achieve this? How about the good old C47? (You can crash em but you can't wear em out). For months now the C47 has been crying out for further duties. Tanks etc could either have spares dropped close by, say within 100ft (or closer if you think you are good enough   ) and tanks could be repaired  with a specific time allocated to each task. Tank's M16's etc could be re armed at the battle site. Drop ammo near an M16/tank and have em drive over it (Bit Quakish? but can't think of any other way). What about field rebuild times why can't the troop vehicles (Including any future land based additions here   be able to drop ammo on a field to speed up the rebuild of the ammo bunker for example, or land with fuel to speed up the fuel tank regeneration. This could be expanded to cover the City, main fuel dumps or barracks. Perhaps this is all a bit Strat orientated for the MA (I don't know) but it could open up all sorts of possibilities for the SEA. I could go on but i'll leave it there before it gets boring (Who me)?

TTFN
snafu

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
Ground Forces need your help!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2000, 01:30:00 PM »
I agree to some extent.

If a tank is damaged, (tracked) then yes, the average track could be fixed "in the field"

if it's gun damage,, ferget it.

Think the re-supply with airdrop would be too cool too. maybe do a thing sorta like the re-arm at a base. Airdrop supplies to tanks, tank then rolls to where it fell,, stops on it for 30 seconds, gets re-armed/fueled
site goes away. 1 47 should carry enuff to re-arm/refuel a couple tanks...

Can already see a use for a re-supply Squadron, once fuel use is done for tanks...

This would also lend itself to rescues, (ditched pilots/wounded tanks) if a 47 (or perhaps even a M3 lands/is close by, ditch vehicle and board transport for home.

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"