Author Topic: Intolerance in education...  (Read 2311 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Intolerance in education...
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
The day I take the People's Communistic State of China's rankings of world colleges seriously, is the day I voluntarily move to San Francisco.
If we keep borrowing from the Chinese you may have to listen to them one day. Better start saving  San Francisco is expensive I hear.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2008, 03:56:43 AM »
You have to realize Vulcan, that Atheism isn't a lack of faith.  Atheists have just as much faith that they are right than the most religious Christians, Hindi, Muslims...  Atheism itself is a religion.

i don't think there is much you can do with statements like this..except underline them.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
It is immoral to lie to children..If YOU want your child to be taught nonsense in class,that is your right.

I agree, it is immoral to lie to children. Since science cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a deity, those who believe in a God(s) out of faith nor those who disbelieve (atheists, agnostics) can reasonably be said to be lying to children. Each group of people is teaching children what they believe to be correct.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2008, 04:11:56 AM »
the lack of believing in a water walking jewish zombie being a religion.

You could have worded that something like this.......the lack of believing in a water walking Jewish person who was supposedly raised from the dead........anything along that order would be respectful of someone else's beliefs. The way you worded it, is still ridicule..... 

With that said, I believe I'll follow AKIron's example and stop beating my head against the brick wall....   :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2008, 04:14:28 AM »
A zombie is a zombie. ;)
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2008, 05:03:55 AM »
I think Jesus walked on water long before he was crucified. So the whole zombie issue is moot

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2008, 06:02:36 AM »
Indeed this is true.
He reportedly walked on water in the middle of a storm on the sea of Galilee.
Here's an interesting article that provides an alternative explanation for what might have occurred.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12152740/
It is also possible that in the grand old tradition of fishermen, they got so toasted on their fishing trip they thought he was walking on water when he was actually on the shoreline and they were a lot closer to shore than they thought. :lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder