Author Topic: Okay, we got our F6F-5, whats next?  (Read 9908 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Okay, we got our F6F-5, whats next?
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »
Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3
Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3

im with him :aok :aok
but the pby sounds kool too :rock
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
I'd just like to see HT finish all the exisiting aircraft before spending time to add another new plane or gv. Great that the F6F has been done, looks excellent.  :aok

<S>...-Gixer

I think this is the most intelligent post of this whole thread...No offense to anyone...

I'm a bit disappointed with many of the STILL octagonal shaped engine cowlings and fuselages(instead smooth round or oval) that this game still sports..  I realize this may eventually tax older systems to a varying degree..  But it's time to bring every plane up to date if it's not already..  The F6F5 looks fantastic and I look forward to more planes getting this kind of make over..

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
I'd really like to see the F4F/FM-2 done. Also, right now the F4F-4 we have in the game is sort of hybridized with the F4F-3 because of the two gun package options.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »
no offence whiskey but can you give me one reason why the pby should be added, besides the fact that ht has said no recon planes.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
PBY? Mine laying of course :) I hope they add the JU87G tank buster....now that would be very cool and fun. It would also be easy to add that variant.

LTARogue

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
evenhaim,

PBY's could carry vehicle or field supplies, bombs and torpedoes (Black Cat PBYs sunk almost 115,000 tons of enemy shipping). I think I've seen photos of the PBY with two torpedoes loaded under each wing. Her defensive armament would make her a tougher target for running supplies than a C-47. The PBY could be made available from ports, as well as from airfields.

Also, if HTC ever adds subs (which IIRC he wants to do) the PBY was the premier Allied ASW aircraft.

Additionally, the PBY would be invaluable for scenarios such as those set at Midway and Guadalcanal, and I can see her used in FSO in a similar "recon" objective similar to how Mosquitos have been used.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
evenhaim,

PBY's could carry vehicle or field supplies, bombs and torpedoes (Black Cat PBYs sunk almost 115,000 tons of enemy shipping). I think I've seen photos of the PBY with two torpedoes loaded under each wing. Her defensive armament would make her a tougher target for running supplies than a C-47. The PBY could be made available from ports, as well as from airfields.

Also, if HTC ever adds subs (which IIRC he wants to do) the PBY was the premier Allied ASW aircraft.

Additionally, the PBY would be invaluable for scenarios such as those set at Midway and Guadalcanal, and I can see her used in FSO in a similar "recon" objective similar to how Mosquitos have been used.
That would be nice to see. What kind of armament did it have normally?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »
I think 2 .50cal and 2 .30cal, some may have had more. Ordinance loadout was about 4000lbs of bombs or torpedoes. I THINK there was provisions for carrying the 5" HVAR as well.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »
410 or the HE 219 Owl!   :aok
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2008, 10:48:08 PM »
no offence whiskey but can you give me one reason why the pby should be added, besides the fact that ht has said no recon planes.

i didn't say it should be added, i only commented that it would be kool!
although, others here have stated good reasons for it as well!
i have wanted the yak-3 for a long time now! but i do understand why so many would rather see the planeset we have now re-done or updated!
 for me it is just a very fun game :aok and  the first one i have ever played, so it's all good too me :D
and yes sometimes i would like too drop a nuke from a b-29 :O so i am glad cooler heads, at HTC have not put it in the game! (yet) :rofl :rofl :noid :noid :rofl :rofl
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2008, 10:51:32 PM »
PBY? You guys do realise that it was one of the slowest things in the air, famously it climbed flew straight and level and dived at 100mph. All nice and romantic to have a PBY but overall useless for the MA. Rescue downed airmen? Other then the most desperate of score potatos who's going to wait more then 2 mins for a PBY to turn up when you can just press 'end'?

Update the existing fleet then discuss what's to come next.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
People said the B-25 would be useless, too. :noid

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2008, 04:37:51 AM »
I too would like the old Ah1 planes to be updated to newer standards.

Or at least the He-111 and brewster to be added, just to shut people up.  :rock
 :aok

I mean, think about it, how many post's would be saved if no one could request the he-111 or brewster.  :D
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
PBY
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 04:40:34 AM »
There's some novelty and use for a plane at ports, and to lay mines or spot CVs or other gameplay ideas, but any of the latter would mean lots of new coad and gameplay brainstorming.  Without them I can't see much use for it besides cargo and maybe ackstarring the map room with those small guns...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you