Author Topic: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank  (Read 7337 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:08:45 PM »

biggamer has 27 kills on yourfup midwar yourfup all in b24`s
biggamer has 31 kills on yourfup latewar yourfup 12 in b24 2 niki and 17 panzrs  :rofl

dextur has 2 kills on yourfup midwar yourfup b24
dextur has 28 kills on yourfup your died 11 b24`s 1 niki 16 panzrs  :rofl

both guys have same latewar kills on this shade
wonder if they split the cost :huh

meanwhile yourup has 0 kills on them
further prove scoring system is fubar
:rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
How do you get to the page to find out who has killed who?

:huh
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »

AH scorepages. Killstats in an expanded format. Select "player vs" "player". (Of course you have to know who you are looking for)

If I remember right, it doesn't used to work with firefox though...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

You have to go under scores and type "cpid" vs "cpid".  This is only useful if you actually have an idea of who you want to compare.  As i have stated in the past, I think it would be great to be able to search for top 10 pilots "XXXX" has killed and top ten pilots who have killed "XXXX"
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
What does one gain by vulching a 2nd account to gain rank?  Does having your name on the main page every month mean that much to you?  Is it that important to feel accepted by this community that you will engage in activity that this community frowns upon?  Does it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime you log on you see yourself ranked #1?  Does it bother you that you had to basically cheat your way to the top?  Does it bother you that the community thinks lowly of players like you?

I'm curious to see what guys like Biggamer and Dextur would like to say on this subject, maybe we'll have their 'friend' yourfup pipe in too with his thoughts.

ack-ack

I'd love to be able to respond to this intelligently. But, I have only one theory that I can come up with. Beyond that I am at total loss. Asking normal people why someone has to do that sort of thing  is kind of like asking a devout nun why prostitutes have sex for money...

The only thing I can come up with is they are attention starved. Unfortunately, even us talking about it is rewarding them with the attention they crave...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »
I won't comment on this particular INteresting incident (yet :D), but I think most players that I personally have found doing such things did it actually to gain cheap perks that way. Don't know if that's the majority, just what I subjectively witnessed a few times.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
I won't comment on this particular INteresting incident (yet :D), but I think most players that I personally have found doing such things did it actually to gain cheap perks that way. Don't know if that's the majority, just what I subjectively witnessed a few times.

I may be a little out of touch with this because I have 41,000'ish perks banked so don't really pay much attention anymore. But, are perks really that difficult to get just by playing normally? From what I recall, you even get fighter perks for dropping ordnance on strats and stuff in attack mode, it really doesn't get much easier than that...You can get fighter perks like that without even shooting anyone down...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 08:21:55 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »
he's one of the main reasons these kids in his squadron do what they do.

niether Biggamer or Dextur are in SHawks squad.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »
I may be a little out of touch with this because I have 41,000 perks banked so don't really pay much attention anymore. But, are perks really that difficult to get just by playing normally? From what I recall, you get fighter perks for dropping ordnance on strats and stuff in attack mode, it really doesn't get much easier than that...You can get fighter perks like that without even shooting anyone down...

I guess it depends all on skill level, patience and willingness to get out of the Spit XVI / La7 at least a few times :D

But seriously, I can well remember the times when I still had trouble to get enough perks for a 262. Maybe the shortcut is too tempting for some...

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
I guess it depends all on skill level, patience and willingness to get out of the Spit XVI / La7 at least a few times :D

But seriously, I can well remember the times when I still had trouble to get enough perks for a 262. Maybe the shortcut is too tempting for some...

I guess I'm understanding that. But, answer me this question. If the motivation for doing this is to buy perk planes. What is the point of the perk plane at all if you've already manipulated your rank/score into some crazy, freakish thing you're probably not capable of replicating even in the perk plane you did this to get?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 08:31:52 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »
Ack-Ack, did I inspire that new avatar with my comments about your name and Mars Attacks!!????  Are there any royalties in it for me?   :devil
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
I guess I'm understanding that. But, answer me this question. If the motivation for doing this is to buy perk planes. What is the point of the perk plane if you've already manipulated your rank/score into some crazy, freakish version of what you're probably not capable of replicating even in the perk plane you did this to get?

It's just about having to work less to keep flying perk planes in that case. It's often not even about rank, just about getting the "better" plane.

Oh, just for the record: I was only able to fly my first ME 262 after playing AH2 for 5 months(!). Now tell me a shortcut to an uber plane isn't tempting ;)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
It's just about having to work less to keep flying perk planes in that case. It's often not even about rank, just about getting the "better" plane.

Oh, just for the record: I was only able to fly my first ME 262 after playing AH2 for 5 months(!). Now tell me a shortcut to an uber plane isn't tempting ;)

So you're telling me, people collaboratively spend countless hours ruining their score/rank they presumably don't care about to scoot around the MA in a 262 a few hours a month?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »
So you're telling me, people collaboratively spend countless hours ruining their score/rank they presumably don't care about to scoot around the MA in a 262 a few hours a month?

Yup. Not everybody is flying a 262 for rank.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »
Yup. Not everybody is flying a 262 for rank.

Yea, so it's to fly a 262 more or less as a griefing tool then?