Author Topic: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
I thought the dueling arena had a furball section. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:00:54 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
I thought the dueling arena had a furball section. 

I think some people just like to whine.

Good point, let's add a toolshedding section to the DA and send all the toolshedders there too...Get it?  :aok
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:05:39 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 06:25:13 AM »
Good point, let's add a toolshedding section to the DA and send all the toolshedders there too...Get it?  :aok

in DA u cant take bases, and since furballers aint interested in that, why not fly at DA's FT?

toolsheding in DA is pointless because it doesn't achieve anything.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »
in DA u cant take bases, and since furballers aint interested in that, why not fly at DA's FT?

toolsheding in DA is pointless because it doesn't achieve anything.

I'm sure we can make a section of the DA that has capturable fields that reset themselves periodically for your toolshedding enjoyment.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »
I would offer my vote, but it wont do any good, HTC does what they want when they want all the protests, marches and poles wont change a thing. Even though "US" the customers are the life-blood of their business i really dont think this matters. Goodluck anyway, but dont be to dissapointed when nothing changes.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 08:24:16 AM »
I would offer my vote, but it wont do any good, HTC does what they want when they want all the protests, marches and poles wont change a thing. Even though "US" the customers are the life-blood of their business i really dont think this matters. Goodluck anyway, but dont be to dissapointed when nothing changes.

Why wouldn't it though? I think the reason large maps were brought back (last year?) was a collective whine on the forums, wasn't it?

small maps  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »

Why wouldn't it though? I think the reason large maps were brought back (last year?) was a collective whine on the forums, wasn't it?

small maps  :aok

HUGE maps became more numerous because for a period, prior to split arenas, HTC considered only HUGE (512X512) maps for addition to the rotation. This was around the time of HTC's initial marketing campaign on The Wings channel then later, the History channel. I don't think it was ever said, but I would guess there was an overly optimistic anticipation of a very large influx of subscribers as a result of the marketing effort that would make the small maps too densely packed to be viable for gameplay. But, since then the arenas were all split up (EW,MW, 2 X LW) and new small maps (256X256) have again been accepted as gameplay suitable by HTC.

So, small maps are back in vogue now, the problem is HUGE maps are almost never reset by players because they are...well... HUGE! (250 bases?!?) But, the small maps are reset relatively quickly, so we burn through the small maps only to end up on  HUGE maps for long periods in BOTH?!? LW arenas...It would really just solve this entire problem and keep everyone happy if one LW arena was loaded with the small maps and the other with the HUGE maps and they rotated independently...

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »
I'm sure we can make a section of the DA that has capturable fields that reset themselves periodically for your toolshedding enjoyment.

then it would just be MA again?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »
I just don't understand the problem. Saturday and Sunday there were big furballs at 44 on one side of the map and big furballs at A1, the other side of the map. Before that on a large map, during Titanic Tuesday, there was the largest furball this man has ever seen. Knits had 3 cvs at 41. The furball must have lasted 2 hours or more.

At one time there was a map I described as Fighter Town surrounded by Tank town. It obviously didn't go over well. It no longer exists although I know a few who liked it. To put a fighter town smack dab in the middle of the map is annoying to me. To make it uncapturable is double annoying. Just think you have a perpetual base from which to hit other bases that are capturable and centrally located. It limits access to the rest of the map to a degree.

BTW, some have pointed toward AWII. Let me just steal a quote from one of he players of that era. "Analysis Mr. Spock? AWIII is dead Jim!

Again, you have the furball section of the DA. If that isn't working for you then maybe it's not furballing you actually want. Some of the people who have posted in support of the centrally located fighter town don't even furball. At least not with their main account.

Frankly, I have no clue what Toolshedding is. If I do it, it must be quite fun.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
LOL glad to see things changing around here.   LOLHROTFF :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: