Author Topic: Ok, I figured out why nits lose so much  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
Ok, I figured out why nits lose so much
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
I feel like such a goof.  It should have been obvious sooner.
Nits just don't like to fly any further than their own fields.  Doh!

Today, some of us worked all morning on the SE side of the orange map.  Had one base to go and we'd have the Rook HQ camped.
Couldn't get enough pilots there to help BECAUSE IT WAS TOO FAR TO FLY...LOL.

Within a 45 minutes, rooks organized and took the whole SE side of the map back.

So much easier to play at the NW side of map and defend, defend, defend.  Never had to fly outside the dar ring.

Ok nits, if I can't convince you otherwise I guess I'll just join in the everlasting furball. :rock
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Re: Ok, I figured out why nits lose so much
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »

Ok nits, if I can't convince you otherwise I guess I'll just join in the everlasting furball. :rock

It's obvious that quite a few don't want to play the way you do, so why try and convince them otherwise?  Maybe those fights in the NW side were good and those players didn't want to leave their fun to camp the Rook HQ.  Frankly, I know I would have blown you off and would have stuck around in the area I was enjoying my fights in instead of joining you and your merry band milk running enemy bases so you can camp their HQ.  To me, that's boring but to you that is what passes as your fun.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »

Today, some of us worked all morning on the SE side of the orange map.  Had one base to go and we'd have the Rook HQ camped.

Within a 45 minutes, rooks organized and took the whole SE side of the map back.

So much easier to play at the NW side of map and defend, defend, defend.  Never had to fly outside the dar ring.

Most knights don't know how to read, so your wasting valuable landgrab time posting in here  :D

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 07:19:37 PM »
It's obvious that quite a few don't want to play the way you do, so why try and convince them otherwise?  Maybe those fights in the NW side were good and those players didn't want to leave their fun to camp the Rook HQ.  Frankly, I know I would have blown you off and would have stuck around in the area I was enjoying my fights in instead of joining you and your merry band milk running enemy bases so you can camp their HQ.  To me, that's boring but to you that is what passes as your fun.

ack-ack

Cause I'm a "silly billy" ack-ack and feel as strongly about the way I enjoy playing as you do about yours.
And isn't posting our opinions what the forum is for?  
Maybe I can't convince all players that there's more to the game then furballing.  
But if I can convince one or two, that's one or two more that will be there to help when the call is made.

<steps off his soapbox and puts it back under his computer table>

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »
Today, some of us worked all morning on the SE side of the orange map.

You make it sound like a career. :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

Maybe I can't convince all players that there's more to the game then furballing.  

For some of us there isn't.  I've been playing online flight sims for a lot longer than you have, around 15 years now.  In that time I've pretty much done all that these games have offered and yet there is one thing that keeps me playing these games.  It's not winning the war, bombing bases to oblivion, milk running an undefended base that keeps me playing, I've done all that and still have the t-shirt somewhere.  What keeps me coming back all these years is the enjoyment I get from fighting in my little twin engine plane.

One day you will realize that what is fun for you may not necessarily translate into what is fun for someone else.

ack-ack

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »

Here's some food for thought to mull over...

Sometimes if you lose you win.
Sometimes fighting is more fun than milk-hording.
Sometimes you can win all the fights but lose the map or lose all the fights and win. ;)
Sometimes you can inflict 50 to 1 casualties but still lose the field because no one really dies.
Sometimes those that lost the map had way more fun than those that won and made far more perks in the process.
Sometimes fighting for its own sake is more fun and relaxing than not fighting with a long-term purpose.
Sometimes you just have to change countries if you can't adapt to the one you're on well enough to make it fun.
Sometimes filling a missing team niche with your own individual effort is very rewarding and can be contagious.
Sometimes pissing and moaning about stuff makes people not want to do "your thing" even more.

Sometimes its just healthy to vent so long as you keep this "game" in healthy perspective... :aok
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:58:09 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »
For some of us there isn't.  I've been playing online flight sims for a lot longer than you have, around 15 years now.  In that time I've pretty much done all that these games have offered and yet there is one thing that keeps me playing these games.  It's not winning the war, bombing bases to oblivion, milk running an undefended base that keeps me playing, I've done all that and still have the t-shirt somewhere.  What keeps me coming back all these years is the enjoyment I get from fighting in my little twin engine plane.

One day you will realize that what is fun for you may not necessarily translate into what is fun for someone else.

ack-ack

Good for you you old geezer.
I'm 56 years old, played US Navy Pilots, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1, 2 and 3 and now AHII.
I think it's YOU that doesn't realize what might be fun for you could become MORE fun for others.
Frankly, I get bored just flying fighters all the time.  I fly bombers, gv alot, get on the big guns on carrier groups, even fly RV8's when they're available.
And when I do fly fighters, it's not always to shoot down other fighters.  I'll do ack runs, ammo bunker runs, radar runs.  It keeps the game more interesting than going up, shooting my gun and going down, going up, shooting my gun and going down...ho-hum.
I think it takes ALOT more brain power to think far enough ahead to see what would be a good strategy to bring to the capture of a base than to just take off in a fighter, point the nose at the red icon in front of me and pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:45:12 PM by Erkel »

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »
Here's some food for thought to mull over...

Sometimes if you lose you win.

Sounds like the brain chemistry of a compulsive gambler.  They actually get a bigger rush out of losing than winning.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
Sounds like the brain chemistry of a compulsive gambler.  They actually get a bigger rush out of losing than winning.

For example..

If losing gets you off a map you personally hate or is in geographic opposition to the type of gameplay that your team tends to enjoy.

If losing meant the enemy gleefully impaled themselves in droves upon your team's bloodied swords like the goblins in the Tolkein series, making for a feeding frenzy of fun killing.

If losing meant your team resisted the temptation to stoop to poor/weak gameplay practices in spite of being outnumbered on all fronts.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:59:07 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »
I think it's YOU that doesn't realize what might be fun for you could become MORE fun for others.
Frankly, I get bored just flying fighters all the time.  I fly bombers, gv alot, get on the big guns on carrier groups, even fly RV8's when they're available.

Great, I hope you have a fun time doing that.  After all the point of the game is to have fun.  As I mentioned, in my time I've come to realize that fun for me is the aerial combat portion of the game.  Bombing bases, driving around in a GV, etc., just doesn't do it for me.  To each his own.

And when I do fly fighters, it's not always to shoot down other fighters.  I'll do ack runs, ammo bunker runs, radar runs.  It keeps the game more interesting than going up, shooting my gun and going down, going up, shooting my gun and going down...ho-hum.

Again, if that's what makes the game fun for you, all the power to you.  I just happen to find that actually engaging something that can actually fight back is more of a challenge to me then bombing some toolshed or strafing some ack emplacement.

I think it takes ALOT more brain power to think far enough ahead to see what would be a good strategy to bring to the capture of a base than to just take off in a fighter, point the nose at the red icon in front of me and pull the trigger.

Again, it boils down to what is fun for each of us.  You find milk running, flying in a hord, capturing undefended bases and winning "The War (TM)" to be fun for you.  I don't find that fun, so I don't engage in it.

Again, play the game the way it's enjoyable for you and I'll play how it's enjoyable for me.  Just don't whine and post rants when those of us don't want to play the way you do.

I hope one day you will get a clue but I am not betting it's going to happen in either of our life times.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:05:32 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
I hope one day you will get a clue but I am not betting it's going to happen in either of our life times.

ack-ack

Lol ack-ack.  I think you like to argue just for the sake of arguing...
I'm simply trying to expand the mindset of those who are new and still don't understand all the game has to offer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:51:34 PM by Erkel »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:07 PM »
Lol ack-ack.  I think you like to argue just for the sake of arguing...
I'm simply trying to expand the mindset of those who are new and still don't understand all the game has to offer.

No, you're not trying to expand anyone's mindset.  You are trying to belittle those that don't play your way to play your way.  Failing to do that, you post your whines and rants trying to convince others to play your way.

ack-ack

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
If someone says tey were just gangbanged by a bunch of knights I am not surprised at all because i watch people at every furball jump on that single person porking the base I just hope to get that great proxy when you first get on the runway :t
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"