Author Topic: Falcnwng is a class act  (Read 2901 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Falcnwng is a class act
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 02:33:42 PM »
If the horse fell in love with a mare it met online and decided to hook up with it, then there is a chance it is dead. 

:lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
This is coming from someone who sends me love letters every day  :noid
Im a turtle.What can I say?
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 02:40:16 PM »
Otherwise the Zazen's horse named "Look at me, I hijacked this thread" is probably alive and well...we shall see.

I didn't hijack it. I just took the opportunity to use a thread with no actual substance other than a personal puff piece from one player about another to espouse the inherent dangers of trusting purely online relationships...Especially for kids...If "hijacking" is taking a thread about an online relationship to talk about online relationships in general and it means I potentially see one fewer child on my grocery store's, "Missing kids" wall this Saturday when my wife and I go shopping then so be it...I'm guilty as charged.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:42:32 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
It would be kind of like calling a 1-900 sex line and chatting up the girl then deciding based on her kind sexy voice, the tender and compassionate way she talks to you and her gentle eliciting of erotic feelings that she would make a good wife...In reality she's probably a 350 Lb chain smoker with 8 kids sitting naked on her sofa eating Cheetos from the cavernous abyss that is her cleavage...

I remember that music video
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
I didn't hijack it. I just took the opportunity to use a thread with no actual substance other than a personal puff piece from one player about another to espouse the inherent dangers of trusting purely online relationships...Especially for kids...If "hijacking" is taking a thread about an online relationship to talk about online relationships in general and it means I potentially see one fewer child on my grocery store's, "Missing kids" wall this Saturday when my wife and I go shopping then so be it...I'm guilty as charged.

Yes, it was a hijack.  Go ahead and TRY to justify it (you are good at that).

Here's what Lute said:
Me and Falcnwng had a nice little convo tonight in the LW and I just wanted to post publicly that the guy is a class act.

Much respect from me to you.

As far as the game and this BBS goes, Lute thinks Falc is a class act.  I get lost where you think it is necessary to point out the dangers of judging someone based on what you know about them from an online game.  Why not start another thread if you find it so important?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
  Why not start another thread if you find it so important?

No need to spam the forum's thread list when I have this empty puff piece thread to do it in... ;)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »
I know Falcnwing Personaly.  We've met in person at the 2K AW con and talked on the phone many many times.

Lute....you are right.  He is a gentleman.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
I've flown for Falc for 4 years as my CO.  If he wasn't a great guy with the utmost integrity I would not.  Period.  Zazen, on the other hand, has been an bellybutton in-game and on the boards ever since I can remember.  There's some of that man-love you seem obsessed with Sweetie.  An bellybutton is still an bellybutton no matter how he tries to dance around  with half bellybutton flames.  Grab your balls, be a man and just say you don't like him.  Quit being a wuss about it. :rolleyes:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
Yes, it was a hijack.  Go ahead and TRY to justify it (you are good at that).

Here's what Lute said:
As far as the game and this BBS goes, Lute thinks Falc is a class act.  I get lost where you think it is necessary to point out the dangers of judging someone based on what you know about them from an online game.  Why not start another thread if you find it so important?

why don't you put a sock in it. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 03:42:53 PM »
I've kissed for Falc for 4 years as my CO.  If he wasn't a great kisser with the utmost integrity I would not.  Period.  Zazen, on the other hand, has grabbed my bellybutton in-game and on the boards ever since I can remember.  There's some of that man-love you seem obsessed with Sweetie.  My bellybutton is still an bellybutton no matter how he tries to dance around with my ass.  Grab my balls, be my man and just say you like me. 
Holy lovefest, Batman!!!!!!!! :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
Mike has always been a good guy.   Sure him and I have gone back and forth at different points.   But we both know that it is in the heat of the moment and not personal hated.  BoP's will know this is fact and no "underlying or hidden theme" exists.  

Meeting some of the guys in the BoP's this year in Dayton, has SEALED my friendship with the BoP's.   Not to mention, I enjoyed participating in HotDog's Memorial flight, I chatted with about 50+ BoP's at the same time and laughed my arse off constantly.  

:salute  Falcnwing.    It's GAY FRIDAY MOFO!!      More importantly,  :salute   BoP's.

Jay "Karaya"
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2008, 03:48:34 PM »
  An bellybutton is still an bellybutton no matter how he tries to dance around  with half bellybutton flames.  Grab your balls, be a man and just say you don't like him. 

Who exactly am I flaming? I never commented at all about Falc personally or anyone who wuvs him, to be honest I couldn't care less. That's not my concern. My concern was the message that Lute's post conveyed in general that a few hours of online chit-chat is all it takes to make a definitive determination about the true character of a person (any person including myself).

There are a lot of kids in this game and on these boards and they are all potential victims of online seduction in one form or another. Even more so than most kids, because the ones on here are more likely to substitute online relationships for real world interpersonal ones. I would have used any thread of this nature as a cautionary tale, no matter who it was about to try to enunciate this point. It seems like everynight on the evening news you hear of a women or a child that has fallen prey to an internet psychopath who "appeared" to be a wonderful person. Only an illiterate moron would confuse this general, "Public service announcement" type message with some kind of fictional, personal, disparaging insinuation.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:54:22 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »
Who exactly am I flaming? I never commented at all about Falc personally or anyone who wuvs him, to be honest I couldn't care less. That's not my concern. My concern was the message that Lute's post conveyed in general that a few hours of online watermelon chat is all it takes to make a definitive determination about the true character of a person (any person).

There are a lot of kids in this game and on these boards and they are all potential victims of online seduction in one form or another. Even more so than most kids, because the ones on here are more likely to substitute online relationships for real world interpersonal ones. I would have used any thread of this nature as a cautionary tale, no matter who it was about to try to enunciate this point. It seems like everynight on the evening news you hear of a women or a child that has fallen prey to an internet psychopath who "appeared" to be a wonderful person. Only an illiterate person would confuse this general, "Public service announcement" type message with some kind of fictional disparaging insinuation.

I disagree to an extent.   I've met over 120+ total AH'ers.   Not one bad one in the bunch so far.   I have winged with the The Flying Circus, 80th, BoP's, AoM's (have to do that one soon), False Prophets (hell, we would spew so much crap at each other, but now, we're close friends), CH's and Silent Executioners (Nghtmre, badger8).    They're all friends to me and they would probably come to the same conclusion.  

I get a ribbing from my squadmates for switching at times.   But, I sometimes get tired of being on the large stack and will switch to wing up with friends who are on the "short stack".    This game to me after 6+ years of playing, is more about the cemented friendships.   Hell, I've never met Hajo and offered to get him a ticket to see the Funk Brothers up here in Ann Arbor.    I've never met Haj, but ANYONE who has met me at the 2003 or 3 weeks ago at Scott's, knows I treat folks with the respect they deserve.   That respect is akin to treating them as a friend and it has been reciprocated.   I never met DaPup in my life, but we clicked instantly and you would have swore we'd know each other our entire lives.   Same with bmathis, same with SkyRock, same with Forker, same with the BoP's, Most Wanted and anyone I come across.

Why?   It was the way I was raised.   Treat others kindly and they will treat you kind.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »
why don't you put a sock in it. :aok

In what?  Your mouth?  :aok

btw....nice contribution to the thread :aok