Author Topic: Falcnwng is a class act  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Falcnwng is a class act
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »

Why?   It was the way I was raised.   Treat others kindly and they will treat you kind.

Absolutely, I am not trying to say every person behind the voice is a pedophile or a psychopath. I have no doubt the vast majority are not. But, it only takes one psychopath to kill a kid, and the other three hundred good folks that turn out to be exactly as they seem online won't be able to bring that kid back to life...So, by all means, especially if you're an adult, entertaining the notion that people on the internet are truly who/what they seem to be is probably reasonably safe. But, don't assume all of them are, because I promise you they aren't, if you don't believe me do a Google search for 'Missing persons" and read the posted facts of their disappearances.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2008, 04:10:26 PM »

There are a lot of kids in this game and on these boards and they are all potential victims of online seduction in one form or another. Even more so than most kids, because the ones on here are more likely to substitute online relationships for real world interpersonal ones. I would have used any thread of this nature as a cautionary tale, no matter who it was about to try to enunciate this point. It seems like everynight on the evening news you hear of a women or a child that has fallen prey to an internet psychopath who "appeared" to be a wonderful person. Only an illiterate moron would confuse this general, "Public service announcement" type message with some kind of fictional, personal, disparaging insinuation.

Gentlemen what we are witnessing here is the work of a true Hero!!

A Champion of those unfortunate souls not blessed with the intellect to tell the difference between good :pray and evil :devil

So children (and morons) everywhere, heed his wise words and trust not your own judgement, for it may only lead you down the road of ruin and peril.

It is truly heartwarming to see such concern for the worlds children.

But Alas, I am afraid that poor Zazen will suffer the same fate as many great heroes who came before him, and we shall never see a " Zazen is a class act" post on these (or any) forums.

Humbly yours,

Boner

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »
Absolutely, I am not trying to say every person behind the voice is a pedophile or a psychopath. I have no doubt the vast majority are not. But, it only takes one psychopath to kill a kid, and the other three hundred good folks that turn out to be exactly as they seem online won't be able to bring that kid back to life...So, by all means, especially if you're an adult, entertaining the notion that people on the internet are truly who/what they seem to be is probably reasonably safe. But, don't assume all of them are, because I promise you they aren't, if you don't believe me do a Google search for 'Missing persons" and read the posted facts of their disappearances.

I agree.   As I stated previously I only disagreed to an "extent".   Your post pretty much sums up the "extent" portion.    

It's also been good to laugh with you for over 6 years.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »

Gentlemen what we are witnessing here is the work of a true Hero!!

A Champion of those unfortunate souls not blessed with the intellect to tell the difference between good :pray and evil :devil

So children (and morons) everywhere, heed his wise words and trust not your own judgement, for it may only lead you down the road of ruin and peril.

It is truly heartwarming to see such concern for the worlds children.

But Alas, I am afraid that poor Zazen will suffer the same fate as many great heroes who came before him, and we shall never see a " Zazen is a class act" post on these (or any) forums.

Humbly yours,

Boner

Boner, Boner, Boner!

Did you not read Zazen's initial hijack of the thread?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

You CANNOT determine that Zazen is a "true Hero" based only on what he posts here on the BBS.....jeeze!

Promoting such things can cause someone to be sadly disappointed, or even worse....

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »

and we shall never see a " Zazen is a class act" post on these (or any) forums.

If i could take that comment out of context for a second, it is an interesting one boner.

If it was a 'Zazen is a class act' thread we have to ask the qeustion, would the comedy routine we see here have been repeated in a self depreciating way or would infact the comic have taken the compliment and thanked the poster? Does a tree in the forrest that makes a noise still fall down if no one is there to plant it??

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »
Boner, Boner, Boner!

Did you not read Zazen's initial hijack of the thread?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

You CANNOT determine that Zazen is a "true Hero" based only on what he posts here on the BBS.....jeeze!

Promoting such things can cause someone to be sadly disappointed, or even worse....

You mean, it could be a (gulp) Illusion?? :O

Gullibly yours,

Boner

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

Humbly yours,

Boner

Actually, I am about to be a father for the first time and I find myself getting increasingly sad and upset when I see what happens to kids. My motivation for my public service spiel, far from any kind of quest for hero-ship, is just an outward extension of my growing protectionism for my unborn son who will be in this world shortly.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:38:26 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
heartfealt congrats zaz to you and your misses, enjoy your last minute of freedom :)

oh wait sorry, 'deactivate man love sentiments now'
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »
heartfealt congrats zaz to you and your misses, enjoy your last minute of freedom :)

oh wait sorry, 'deactivate man love sentiments now'

Thanks Bat, it was now or never. I didn't want to be wearing "depends undergarments",  gumming pureed fruit while my kid was still in High School.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »
No, I am just getting tired of seeing my grocery store's, "Missing kids", wall filled to capacity with hundreds of youngsters who ran away from home to meet a "great guy" and "special friend" they met online and were never seen or heard from again until one day their decomposing body parts wash up on a local riverbank.

It's tragic I'll admit, but I prefer to think of it as Darwin's natural selection theory in practise.  Parents who don't teach their children about how the real world works (and the diff from the virtual world) shouldn't have offspring to perpetuate the bloodline.  It's just too bad it's the kids who have to suffer first.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »
Actually, I am about to be a father for the first time and I find myself getting increasingly sad and upset when I see what happens to kids. My motivation for my public service spiel, far from any kind of quest for hero-ship, is just an outward extension of my growing protectionism for my unborn son who will be in this world shortly.

I've been a dad for 9 years & counting. I see the same exact news as well. But, what are we to do besides enjoy life, raise and educate our kids as we see fit, and do the best we can to protect them without trampling on thier childhood? Like it or not, adverse things do happen- to kids, adults, you name it. We parents do the best we can, and that's all anyone can possibly ask.
 Now that I've helped y'all stray off topic, I'll shut up.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
No need to spam the forum's thread list when I have this empty puff piece thread to do it in... ;)

Since you think you are reaching so many of the at-risk youngsters in this thread, on this BBS, maybe you should put out another PSA warning kids that wasting time playing an online game or reading post from an online game BBS is bad for them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:31:57 PM by Donzo »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2008, 07:52:41 PM »
If i could take that comment out of context for a second, it is an interesting one boner.

If it was a 'Zazen is a class act' thread we have to ask the qeustion, would the comedy routine we see here have been repeated in a self depreciating way or would infact the comic have taken the compliment and thanked the poster? Does a tree in the forrest that makes a noise still fall down if no one is there to plant it??

btw bat, my apologies for the other night, I was not in good spirits and had just heard that crap form twitboi.  :D

:salute

PS -if you want to put that mess to rest, we can still go best out of 10! :devil
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:55:37 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Since you think you are reaching so many of the at-risk youngsters in this thread, on this BBS, maybe you should put out another PSA warning kids that wasting time playing an online game or reading post from an online game BBS is bad for them.

Just squandering free time with fun-loving frivolity is the luxury and priviledge of youth. It won't potentially cause them to end up as some sick freak's lampshade...

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »

Congrats Zazen!!

Believe me, as the Father of 5 boys, I can relate to your worries.

But I think that even "my" parents had concerns that would at least equal the concerns of parents today.

But I can't figure out how you felt that interjecting your worries into this particular post would be relevant.

You could say the same thing in almost 50 to 60% of the posts in here.

Why this one?

I hope you enjoy the company of your children as much as I have mine.

And I'm sure you will.

Good luck "Future Dad", You actually WILL be someones "Hero" soon. Enjoy!!

Your Pal,

Boner
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:51:39 PM by 1Boner »