Author Topic: John Glenn said this....  (Read 6908 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: John Glenn said this....
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
Nissei=japanese?
And the actions were during WW2?
The Brits sent German citizens to camps in Australia mind you, and I guess that in the meanwhile the british folks could stay harmless in Hitler's state while US citizens could take a park walk in Tokyo....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2008, 08:06:04 PM »
There are rules and regulations' in business which, if abided by, are designed to keep the playing field square and help keep commercial competition healthy. We've seen the end result of the removal of some of these rules lately, as a matter of fact. The removal of the short-sell rule, which happened last year when the Dow-Jones Industrial average was at an all-time high of over 14,000 points, to now where it's struggling to stay over 11k, had a profound effect. And, for the country as a whole, we are heading to the time when if most of our industry's head overseas, we won't have any jobs' to effect an economic recovery with. FDR was lucky in the sense that he still had his major core corporations' still on U.S. soil to help anchor the war-production effort in WWII.

Yes, but FDR took all the established rules and threw them out the window.  He did everything he possibly could to give competition a cancer.

For example, he established non competition pacts.  A decent communistic proposal.  However he took the goose stepping a little bit too far.  After decreeing the pacts, he would have armed thugs and mercenary terrorize those that didn't follow his "Laws." 

He mandated, and then enforced at the tip of a gun the artificial inflation of prices both through extortion, confiscation and destruction of private property.  Surely you've heard about the millions of pigs he outright slaughtered and did nothing with just to drive up the value of other pigs?  This was only one of the more highly publicized events.

He would often march thousands of school children into city squares and have them swear on the bible to only patronize "Blue Eagle" establishments.  Or, in other words, the children of the families of the nation were terrorized into cooperating with FDR.  Those that did not participate had their doors broken down by axed wielding thugs in the middle of the night.

It is downright scary that you are doing all you can to support FDR.  And it is diddlying terrifying that so few people really know what happened.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2008, 12:02:54 AM »
The post office in our town says WPA across the front. I wonder what that means? Must be some kind of useless busywork or something.

I believe it stands for:
"We Poke Along"
"We Piddle Along"
or
"We Putter Around."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:42 AM »
I dont know, do you think a democrat would've actually let us gone to war after we were attacked at Pearl Harbor? A modern democrat I might say. There's so many damn restrictions they'd impose, we'd either lose the war or lose 10x as many men.

Prescience... at the tender age of fifteen.

I'm impressed.
sand

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2008, 02:08:05 AM »
I believe it stands for:
"We Poke Along"
"We Piddle Along"
or
"We Putter Around."
You don't have a freakin' clue what it means unless you're 85 years old. Revisionist historians... :rolleyes:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
Lazer, I seriously recommend that you read up on the Great depression. Might give you an eye on why it happened, and then on why FDR is by most looked at in a completely different way than yours.
BTW, where did the major opposition for supporting the British come from??
Not from FDR.....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
Lazer, I seriously recommend that you read up on the Great depression. Might give you an eye on why it happened, and then on why FDR is by most looked at in a completely different way than yours.
BTW, where did the major opposition for supporting the British come from??
Not from FDR.....

Oh!  I learn about the great depression by reading about it?  Reading?  Are you sure.

I'm pretty freaking sure that ain't right.

Retard.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"