Author Topic: Pelosi blocks offshore drilling  (Read 2013 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Re: Pelosi blocks offshore drilling
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2008, 11:25:02 PM »
I'm not telling you as either a democrat or a republican. I'm telling you as someone who's both worked in the oil industry, and has had several contacts in it. I'm just putting it out there; you read into it what you wish.

I've worked in the oil industry too. I dispatched tug boats (more accurately, push boats)that pushed oil barges. I have contacts in the oil industry. Most of them are tankermen but I know a few welders, fitters, roughnecks, helicopter pilots and cooks too. What type of expertise are you implying? Why so coy? If you were a field engineer for Schlumberger, say so. If you were a laborer on a derrick, I can understand the elusiveness, but don't claim expertise.

What inside expertise do you have to dispute refinery cost make up less than the tax cost of a gallon of gasoline (10%) and that they have done down since 2005? If the problem was refineries, that cost would be rising not falling ( as they rose after Katrina when refineries shut down). If you want to debate, do so with facts, not by alluding to some authority you may or may not have. If you really do have an inside track, it should be no problem for you to post documents published in industry specific publications giving perspective not covered here. All I see from you is some conspriracy theory and we should take your word because you worked in the "oil industry."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:29:39 PM by BTW »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Pelosi blocks offshore drilling
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2008, 04:52:06 AM »
didnt know if anyone else new about the fact that 25 too 30 republicans are still in congress holding out for a vote! pelosi, turned out the lights and turned the camera's off on friday and is now threatening to turn off the a/c if they dont leave the building! c-span wanted too turn the camera's back on but pelosi told them no!
Flying since tour 71.