Author Topic: GPS in cars.  (Read 822 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: GPS in cars.
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »

Admittedly I don't use it much up here in NJ, but when I defect to Charlotte
in november, it's going to be worth it's weight in gold. 

you just screwed yourself. now "they" know you're gong to try to escape, and will be waiting for you.

there is no escape from new jersey!!mmmmuuuuuahaahahahaha :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »
Great technology. Particularly good while traveling, or in urban areas or at night going to new locations. Good if you try to find your own detour to a traffic problem.

Not fool proof, but +1

Charon

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
Trip navigators are a quantum improvement in driving.  Rather than a permanent one mounted in the car, we use two portables: a Garmin Nuvi and a Verizon cell phone.  Both are superb.  Never travel without one or the other. 

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 01:43:03 AM »
I got a gps in my boats. I still prefer the old fashioned navigation with a map, a compass and sextant. The gps is handy in fog and such but i dont trust the gps only. A few times i have seen that the map in the gps is more accurate and updated when it comes to how deep it is in sertain places so i make notes on my paper maps to update them with sertain details.

Got a gps in the car too but I have only needed it one time to find a place so if it had not been a gift i would not have gotten one.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »
ignorance is bliss... they say