Author Topic: Perk  (Read 4544 times)

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
Re: Perk
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »

Thought of another one. When you pull back left and rudder left that non-realistic(witch i might add would kill the pilot because of the positive and negative "G"'s that are being pulled) spin people do to get you off there six.

OMFG i hate when people do that.  :mad:

:salute
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
Ohh yes and the fact that the spit16 can dive and stay with a plane no problem. Spit16 doing over 500 should have it's wing pop off.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »
The P-51D is absolutely outclassed by the Spit14. It can run away low, if the Spit14 doesn't have an E advantage to close the distance with, that is about it. And hordes of unperked Spit14s in the MA would force P-51s, Jugs, P-38s, etc, down out of the slightly higher alts where they are not as disadvantaged against the La7 and other monsters as they are down in the weeds.
There wouldn't be hordes of Spit 14s.  It is a very unfriendly aircraft to fly.  In fact it is, by a good margin, the least pleasant aircraft to fly in AH that I can think of.  It does not turn like a Spit and it does not stall like a Spit.  If the Spit 14 were unperked and it was flown in masses then it could simply be reperked.

Personally, I bet it would do to the Spitfire Mk XVI's usage exactly what the Ta152H-1 did to the Fw190D-9's usage.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »
Ohh yes and the fact that the spit16 can dive and stay with a plane no problem. Spit16 doing over 500 should have it's wing pop off.
Why?  Spitfires dived past 500mph on numerous occasions.  In fact, the Spitfire wing was probably the best high speed wing of any fighter in WWII, including the Me262, Me163, He162 and Meteor.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »
Why?  Spitfires dived past 500mph on numerous occasions.  In fact, the Spitfire wing was probably the best high speed wing of any fighter in WWII, including the Me262, Me163, He162 and Meteor.

i see. I just figured there so easy to pop off with a few hits that doing 500 would easily rip them off.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »
i see. I just figured there so easy to pop off with a few hits that doing 500 would easily rip them off.
Personally I think AH has them too fragile to enemy fire.  I've never heard that Spit wings were particularly fragile to enemy fire.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »
  It is a very unfriendly aircraft to fly.  In fact it is, by a good margin, the least pleasant aircraft to fly in AH that I can think of.  It does not turn like a Spit and it does not stall like a Spit. 

Least pleasant aircraft? What about the 190s, especially the 152? What about the Tempest with its massive torque, higher wing-loading, and less effective ailerons? I HAVE flown the thing occasionally, and I see it being little or no worse than the other aircraft with a lot of engine stuck in a little airframe. (Except the La-7...the Lala's torque has always seemed unrealistically tame to me for such a big engine in such a small airframe.)

Yes, it IS not like the other Spits. That is IMHO what causes many players to come to it with the wrong idea. If it were not a "Spit", if it were an aircraft with the same attributes but instead an "ME-309", I can bet we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm thinking skilled Kraut ride enthusiasts would have a totally different set of expectations and improve the thing's K/D ratio.

The Ta-152 is a bad comparison. It does not have impressive performance at any altitude you can realistically expect to encounter in the MA and turns like its 190 stablemates. I don't know why the thing was ever perked in the first place.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 02:58:11 AM »
None of those aircraft fight me constantly.

As to controls, you keep forgetting how stiff Spitfire ailerons become at speed, and coupled with the Mk XIV's torque it becomes very hard to maneuver.

And I don't TnB in it like it is a Zero.  I am not some rank n00b who doesn't understand how to use the things.

Trust me on this, it would never, ever replace the Mk XVI for players who like the XVI's style.

(And it is quite annoying that the Roman numerals for 14 and 16 are so similar)
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 05:13:31 AM »
perk the Spit 16,LA7,P51D and drop the ENY on 190s  :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
Perk the perk threads! :rock
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:20 AM »
My first plane after one day of the spixteen was the 38 and then I flew a dora but with that I tried to dogfight but lost evertime and now im in the 109K-4 and doing pretty good.  Im still hear even when I started with two of the harder to master planes in the game.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
My first plane after one day of the spixteen .  Im still hear even when I started with two of the harder to master planes in the game.

:huh :huh :huh
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »
None of those aircraft fight me constantly.

And I don't TnB in it like it is a Zero.  I am not some rank n00b who doesn't understand how to use the things.

(And it is quite annoying that the Roman numerals for 14 and 16 are so similar)

I understand that Sir, and I bet the thing is more effective in your hands than you are making out.

I flew the Spit XIV (yes, I CAN read and write Roman numerals...when I think about it for a minute :)  ) a bit last night. You are right, it is not exactly a steady gun platform (the backwards torque could be part of my problem though). But still, its nowhere near as bad as the Ta-152 with all that adverse yaw. A Dora is a very steady gun platform yes, but then again the Spit14 doesn't stall and drop a wing when you try to pull a high rate of turn below 300mph IAS. I find it about the same as the K-4 in lack of ability to roll against torque in high-power/low speed situations. The high-speed aileron problems are par for the course with any non-clipped Spit, and I did not find it especially bad, and at least you can pull out of a screaming dive without resorting to trim.

I'd agree that maybe the squirrelieness of the flight model perhaps needs to looked at by HTC, perhaps the perk price needs to be lowered, but I still don't see totally unperking the thing.

<S>

Offline FlyGhost

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 05:07:32 AM »
I do agree that a light perk of maybe 5 should be put on the 16. I do think that most people over rate it though. Lets say that the F6F represents the average plane in Aces High. Without WEP the F6F is actually faster, although the 16 will out accelerate the F6. Turn rate.  The spit16's turn rate isn't as good as many think. An F6 can easily out turn it in a luff and even though the 16 has a better climb rate, I would say that the F6 has an advantage in a vertical fight due to the 16's low mass, instability and torque.   Range: F6  firepower: F6   damage:  F6  Ords: F6 
  AKRaVeN   <S>

Akraven is a beast in the f6f   :salute

i once ran his one winged f6f down with my fully armed la7.

i quickly ran out of bullets trying to shoot him down. the thing lasted about 10 minutes, very frustrating. he survived.
13th Midwest Pilot Group

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »
Don't forget acceleration.

Don't forget the incredably high ammount of them in the arenas... imo... it throws off plane balance a bit...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*