Author Topic: Perk  (Read 4531 times)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: Perk
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 05:52:53 AM »
That's pretty close in terms of usage.  Although i thought they were both low, i hadn't realised how so few kills they score.  It would seem the MA population as a whole, rates the spit14 poorly.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »

*I mean come on, the thing basically has the powers of  Spixteen and the flight time of a P-51D...whats going on here that it only sees 3% usage?*

BNZ, Shhhhhhhh.  Can we keep the 8 our little secret? 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 09:02:27 AM »
That's pretty close in terms of usage.  Although i thought they were both low, i hadn't realised how so few kills they score.  It would seem the MA population as a whole, rates the spit14 poorly.

To be fair, it's in good companionship:

(current tour data Late War Arenas, 60 fighters total)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »
Nothing about the XIV at normal MA alts that makes it remotely worth perking.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 02:02:12 AM »
Only thing I can say is, thank the good lord that some the top pilots (Agent360, mtnman, Adonia, Shawk ect.) in the game don't fly the thing, it would of been perked a long time ago.

And I know there are other good pilots out there,but these came to mind..... :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2008, 02:20:14 AM »
Only thing I can say is, thank the good lord that some the top pilots (Agent360, mtnman, Adonia, Shawk ect.) in the game don't fly the thing, it would of been perked a long time ago.

And I know there are other good pilots out there,but these came to mind..... :salute
No one, or dozen, pilots in this game could have enough effect to get anything perked.

Stop exaggerating.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 02:37:59 AM »
No one, or dozen, pilots in this game could have enough effect to get anything perked.

Stop exaggerating.

guess i should of added the  :rofl as it was just a comment I made in a joking manner
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 04:06:43 AM »

Shawk does fly the spit16... :noid
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
Perk em all and subtract the value each time you lose one, give everyone 1500 perk points to start when the perks are gone so are all the UBER rides you are left flying the P-40, FM2, f4f, 109E, goons, etc same for GV's put perk points on all the GOOD stuff and when its lost you are down to the lesser stuff.

This will achieve the same results we now get, the best pilots having the best rides since perkies are rewarded for kills and results most of the good pilots have plenty of perks its only the new guys and poor pilots like me who never have any :D
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
I kow that everyone of you are gonna say that it has a low K/D, but realy, who cares? We all know that noobs fly the plane, and its an exceptional airplane; far too good for noobs what I see. Think of this, you are flying something fast, lets say F4U1-D (my favorite) you all know it can out turn it, but you have the alt. A spixteen ups and as soon as it takes off it climbs up to you; its now up to your alt in less then 30 seconds. You cain't rope him, or your dead; and if your not a decent pilot, you cain't even come close to killing it. It can outmanuver most anything, zekes and hurris too, just because its that good.
oh and Bip, thats a rash statement, don't you think? *hint* TA-152
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
We all know that noobs fly the plane, and its an exceptional airplane; far too good for noobs what I see.

Ahhh... That plane is too good for n00bs! I presume they should fly less exceptional planes to be even easier victims? Heaven forbid they try to fly in an "easy plane". Let them all fly P40s, and don't worry about their frustration. Perk it, so only pilots like me can fly it!

Rather funny... experienced pilots flying the 16 are lamers, and now the 16 is far too good for "noobs" too. Just a variation of the "You should fly what I tell you".

I kow that everyone of you are gonna say that it has a low K/D, but realy, who cares?

Yup, who cares for any reason? Perk it just because!  ;)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
I agree with the suggestion that all eny values and perk prices need to be reevaluated.  As things are now, eny values have little correspondence to aircraft performance and seem to have been assigned ad-hoc with a very broad brush. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:20:00 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
I agree with the suggestion that all why values and perk prices need to be reevaluated.  As things are now, eny values have little correspondence to aircraft performance and seem to have been assigned ad-hoc with a very broad brush. 

ENY values have been tweaked several times in the past. For example C205 was once at 40 ;)

The problem is you will never be able to find a completely objective way to compress plane performance/capability/dangerousness/whatever into a single ENY stat that everyone will agree with.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
Maybe they should try this, Any plane with a eny of 5 or maybe 10 or less be perked with lets say 5 perks besides those alrdy perked.  That would cover alot of the uber rides, hehehehehe.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
ENY values have been tweaked several times in the past. For example C205 was once at 40 ;)

The problem is you will never be able to find a completely objective way to compress plane performance/capability/dangerousness/whatever into a single ENY stat that everyone will agree with.
True, but let's not fall into the perfectionist's trap of not trying.  A less than perfect attempt at objective eny values would be an improvement over what we have now.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!