Author Topic: Subject: New Planes  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Subject: New Planes
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:55:27 AM »
From a special event guy's point of view I submit that we really really need the HE111, G4M, & the TBF.  These planes would in fact plug a few holes in the plane set for many FSO Admins.

These planes would make everyones AH life so much less complicated.

MGD

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: Subject: New Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:06:04 AM »
I can't believe that HiTech has gone this long without adding the HE-111, it's probably the most requested bomber that the game doesn't have, I would have much rather seen that then the B-25, it's not like we didn't already have enough American bombers, but I guess the masses didn't think so.

I say we try to get everyone evolved with FSO, which is over 400, to send HiTech an email requesting it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:25:35 PM »
He111 would be sweet. G4M would be also. :)

I would like to see the Emily, that would rock. Heck HTC could swap out the bottom of a PT boat for the bottom of the Ki-67 and that would about do the trick. ;) A float plane in Aces High?  :pray  :rock  :aok

I would not be surprised to see the He111 around the corner. As Trax said it has been requested considerably even by some MA players.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
FWIW we already have the TBF.  The TBF is the Grumman original version of the Avenger.  General Motors took over manufacture and it got labeled TBM.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »
Correct Fencer. Not quite sure why we need another variant of the TBM, unless we get a -1 variant.

I would rather just a have a TBD Devastator and/or SB2C Helldiver.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
Correct Fencer. Not quite sure why we need another variant of the TBM, unless we get a -1 variant.

I would rather just a have a TBD Devastator and/or SB2C Helldiver.

The Devastator would be a great addition, but after we fill out the Japanese Army planeset some.  :aok
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 07:26:12 PM »
This FSO would be especially fun with G4Ms. 

It seems that those and the HE111 would really help scenraio designers work their magic.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 09:58:30 PM »
From a special event guy's point of view I submit that we really really need the HE111, G4M, & the TBF.  These planes would in fact plug a few holes in the plane set for many FSO Admins.

These planes would make everyones AH life so much less complicated.

MGD

I agree 100%.

Which is worth almost..........   Nothing.

;)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 01:26:46 AM »
FWIW we already have the TBF.  The TBF is the Grumman original version of the Avenger.  General Motors took over manufacture and it got labeled TBM.

Agreed when General Motor's Easter Division took over the "Devistator or TBF" production they added much more horse power & the nifty rocket rails the "TBM's" enjoy or as we now call it the TBM/TBF combo :)  J/K  It is the same air frame but hardly the same plane.  I do understand that the variant is subject to ones imagination but in general the TBF would not have had the hard points on the wings to carry rockets but the TBF did go the distance.  They saw service threw the war & beyond.

The TBM is a mid war plane in real life but my point of this thread was to try to drum up support for an expanded plane set to knock off some of the substitution & judgment calls the CM have to make to provide us with the best package for a great event every time.   

Right know they seem to have to scape together plane set's by twisting & molding fact's vs what happened.  The you seem to piss off the purist's & when you go as close to possible with the dates that planes were in service you then stoke the balance of the community because on side was whooped. 

It's a no win right now and the only fix if it's deemed worthy is fixing the plane set.

MGD

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 07:07:45 AM »
Agreed when General Motor's Easter Division took over the "Devistator or TBF" production they added much more horse power & the nifty rocket rails the "TBM's" enjoy or as we now call it the TBM/TBF combo :) 

The TBD "Devastator" and the TBF/TBM "Avenger" are two different airplanes. You might want to get your facts straight before you go making comments about something you clearly don't understand or know about.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:20:24 AM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »
I agree 100%.

Which is worth almost..........   Nothing.
Not quite true Sled, but I know where you are coming from. Call and chat with Pyro. Tell em what the CM staff would like and what the events community is asking for. It does make a difference.  :aok
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 10:06:21 AM »
Daddog please, stop using common since to help solve problems! Wouldn't it just be much easier to go down to HTC and hold the staff hostage until the make us the planes we want for events?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:38 AM »
Daddog please, stop using common since to help solve problems! Wouldn't it just be much easier to go down to HTC and hold the staff hostage until the make us the planes we want for events?

I agree, that probably would be easier, or at least more fun.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
lol
Or just go directly to Hitech's wish list. Been posted several times over the years.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure