Author Topic: to all 190 pilots  (Read 4028 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: to all 190 pilots
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 06:50:57 AM »
blah blah blah.........my plane made me timid! :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »
^_^ not everyone enjoy the EZ mode F4Us.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »
blah blah blah.........my plane made me timid! :rofl

Just wish the F4U-1 had some more darker skins :( I like it, just too damn ugly with those lighter skins :cry
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 08:20:40 AM »
Nope, not yet :)

But I am the stubborn idiot that turnfights with SpitV's and Zekes no matter what I'm in :D I'll get the hang of your style :aok

And when I do, you're gonna have to get the hang of turning that thing :)

F4Us got the ability to be able to hang with SpitV and Zekes for a bit if the pilot knows what's going on though. I've heard that the 1A at a certain speed w/ 2 knots flaps down can maintain a turn radius with zeke? True? confirm anyone?
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »
^_^ to all F4U pilot, dont cry about 190s taking the fight on the vert to counter their weakness on the horizontal.
Fiting D9's like watching grass grow....had one dive on my D25 EIGHT times last night...each time, made him miss, he went back up...dove in again. I'm barely above average as a fiter jock, but even I found that pathetic
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
F4Us got the ability to be able to hang with SpitV and Zekes for a bit if the pilot knows what's going on though. I've heard that the 1A at a certain speed w/ 2 knots flaps down can maintain a turn radius with zeke? True? confirm anyone?

An F4U will not do well in a slow turn fight on the deck against either a SpitV or Zeke that knows what they're doing.  Dedalos has hammered that lesson into my head several hundred times :)

^_^ not everyone enjoy the EZ mode F4Us.

No offense, Yenny, but I really wouldn't throw out the "easy mode" tag on anyone out there.  From what I've seen you don't push yourself to learn new things yet.  You're still at the stage where you're taking one very simple tactic, and doing it over and over again.  Now that's great for me, as I basically have a gauranteed target drone to learn how to counter it, but not so great for you, as you obviously already know how to do it, and would be better off spending your time trying to learn other things that you are not good at.  'Course, that would require dying over and over again...  And over again :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2008, 10:34:10 AM »

You tend to have this delusional concept that everyone enters the game with the same experience as someone who's been here for years, then laugh about it as if you were just born to be a great pilot and you're well ahead of the rest, an "over-achiever".

Take two 10-year-old kids that have never played hockey before.  Let them sign up for whatever league they want.

One kid signs up for the 10&under team and is surrounded by people he can do ok against.

The other signs up for the 12&under team and is pushed around and struggles day after day.

Assuming they both started with the same experience, and natural ability, which kid do you suppose is going to get better quicker?

Guys like Skyrock might rub you the wrong way...  But I've never seen them knock a guy for trying.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2008, 11:02:35 AM »
It's tough to make friends when ya drive a 190.....LOL.... I take cheap shots, I ho, I boom n zoom, I run...I won't turn fight in it, lessee, ahhh i'll take a shot from 1000 and zap ya, aren't ya glad I take my niki alot more.?(i'm just being a ******e) Who expects a 190 to fight fair, raise your hand? 
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »
Fiting D9's like watching grass grow....had one dive on my D25 EIGHT times last night...each time, made him miss, he went back up...dove in again. I'm barely above average as a fiter jock, but even I found that pathetic

You're lucky that's a novice 190 pilot, a good one usually won't take more then 2 passes to take something down.

An F4U will not do well in a slow turn fight on the deck against either a SpitV or Zeke that knows what they're doing.  Dedalos has hammered that lesson into my head several hundred times :)

No offense, Yenny, but I really wouldn't throw out the "easy mode" tag on anyone out there.  From what I've seen you don't push yourself to learn new things yet.  You're still at the stage where you're taking one very simple tactic, and doing it over and over again.  Now that's great for me, as I basically have a gauranteed target drone to learn how to counter it, but not so great for you, as you obviously already know how to do it, and would be better off spending your time trying to learn other things that you are not good at.  'Course, that would require dying over and over again...  And over again :)

But the F4U you "have" the option of turnfighting. Many times when I fly F4U if I get a spit on me, I'll drag it away from the furball and tnb with it and usually win. In 190, you just don't have that option. F4U you can bnz like a 190, and the ability to tnb almost like a spit. To me it's easy mode, that's why I don't fly it. When we reverse roll, I fly the F4U-D and you flew the A5, tell me what option you have tnbin it Vudak. I was on your tail pinging you the entire 5 min since we engage. No matter how good a pilot is, he can only perform to his plane max limitation and he'll hit a brick wall.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:15:20 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »

pull me vertical, if I bite you have 50/50 chance.

:lol

What's your in game name? I want to see your 190.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »
You're lucky that's a novice 190 pilot, a good one usually won't take more then 2 passes to take something down.
You are a loudmouth newb who milks the MA for cherries and blames it on your choice of ride.  Face it, you don't know balls about the 190. 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »
You are a loudmouth newb who milks the MA for cherries and blames it on your choice of ride.  Face it, you don't know balls about the 190. 

Obviously I don't, because I can't outturn an La-7 in a 190 like you claim you can.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2008, 12:01:20 PM »
That would make me feal awful if someone outturned me in a 190 when i was in a LA7 :huh
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
Obviously I don't
There, you're finally getting it.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
That would make me feal awful if someone outturned me in a 190 when i was in a LA7 :huh
If you are in a La7, you should already feel awful.   :D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve