Author Topic: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
It is not fair for land grabbers to impose thier will upon the furballers and neither is it fair for the furballers to impose their will upon the land grabbers. The only fair solution is to leave this up to the players. If the collective players in any arena desire to either furball or land grab let it be so, but do not force one faction to submit to the will of other. The only way is to let each player choose for him/her self whether they want to land grap or furball.

Let it be resolved that we the collective "furballers" of Aces High demand that fair play FOR ALL be re instated by:

1. Set one main arena to small maps

or

2. Put fighter town back on all large maps.

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
Re: Petition to set a small map arena or put fighter town on big maps
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:49:06 PM »

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:49:11 PM »
Signed

Agent360

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
Best idea presented so far, since the Community refuses to rectify the problem.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 11:10:13 PM »
Either way, you're trying to tell the owners of a private company how to run said company.

Good luck with that.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 11:17:35 PM »
Either way, you're trying to tell the owners of a private company how to run said company.

Good luck with that.

I am the customer. We are all the customers who pay our money and I/we have the right to voice our point of view.

Start your own petition if you don't like it!!!!!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »
+3

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 11:48:21 PM »
YES, Definitely.

Anytime there's accidentally a small and a large map up at the same time there are very few unhappy customers. It would make the most of the maps we have and guarantee choice and variety. This is a win/win for HTC and the players. Just put one LW arena on a HUGE map rotation and the other on a small map rotation. Then use the HUGE map for Titanic Tuesday so it changes on Wednesdays when the split arenas revert to normal.

The fightertown within a map idea presents an indomitable policing issue if not made uncapturable, which HTC has made clear from the Donut fiasco it is not willing to do no matter how appealing the concept is to the players.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:58:00 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »

Good luck with that.

Tweaking gameplay options and choices has nothing to do with fundamentally running the company. HTC is constantly tweaking stuff to make AH more enjoyable to its customers. Any company that refuses to modify its product over time to make it more appealing to its customers doesn't last long. AH has lasted 9+ years now, so they obviously understand that concept...If you've ever worked in the development field, you'll know it is actually a Godsend for your players/users to tell you what they want/need or what needs fixing. It saves a hell of a lot of guesswork and speeds up the development process. Obviously, it is the developer that cherry picks the best/most realistic ideas and implements them in accordance with their own long-term design concepts.

The whole system of map rotations and the maps themselves have been changing in their implementation for years. The last fundamental change to how maps were rotated was before there were split arenas. This change proposal just makes perfect sense to work with the split arena concept and to make the most of the more numerous maps we now have.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:10:42 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 12:38:26 AM »
Excellent point.

If you've ever worked in the development field, you'll know it is actually a Godsend for your players/users to tell you what they want/need or what needs fixing. It saves a hell of a lot of guesswork and speeds up the development process. Obviously, it is the developer that cherry picks the best/most realistic ideas and implements them in accordance with their own long-term design concepts.

This is absolutely correct, and also why there is a Wishlist BB.  Occasionally good ideas do get turned into implemented ideas!   :aok
"Hello, Newman."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 12:40:43 AM »
+1
"strafing"

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 01:11:22 AM »
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 03:27:33 AM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 04:57:05 AM »
makes sense to me
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Eustace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 05:56:36 AM »
There is a small map arena for furballers, the dueling arena, but it is seldom used.  I guess people vote with their feet, or wings in this case.

For barracudas, eating other barracudas is too difficult and dangerous.  It's easier to catch mullets, so they go where the mullets gather.