Author Topic: What's the point in trying to play  (Read 1616 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
What's the point in trying to play
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »
I've been getting so many diso's this camp I can barely see the point in trying to play.

Two so far today.  One of them lost me 3 AR234's.  The other in a 109G14 after climbing out for 5 minutes, only to have to start over.

Fix your d@mn game.  Oh wait, according to Skuzzy it's always the players fault.  Nothing wrong with the servers.  Uh huh... sure.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Re: What's the point in trying to play
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
              IN  
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
Fix your d@mn game.  Oh wait, according to Skuzzy it's always the players fault.  Nothing wrong with the servers.  Uh huh... sure.

More likely a problem on the internet somewhere between your computer and HTC's servers.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:32:26 PM »
More likely a problem on the internet somewhere between your computer and HTC's servers.
:aok
I don't have that many dicsos, only during storms.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:32:33 PM »
I'm blaming it all on Karaya.........and the Russian haxors  :noid

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »
I doubt its anything with their servers. I think there is something wrong with the internet many places. Could be weather related or some deeper problems with the internet itself. Sites that has always popped up instantly for me has been slow and un responsive at times over the last few weeks but not consistantly. I belive i have read somewere that there is a DNS problem or something with the web but im no geek. I do trust that skuzzy knows what he is talking about and that if they indeed had a problem they would be able to fix it very quickly. This is what they make their money off and skuzzy is the kind of man that would stay awake until a problem is fixed. Its a very service oriented crowd over there in Grapewhine :)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
If it was the server, there would be a crap storm on the boards, as everyone, everywhere would have the same problem.

Just something to consider. 

If some have a problem going into a server, and others don't have a problem going into the same server, it isn't the server.  Think about it.  There are countless ways to get into the servers that have absolutely nothing to do with HTC.

Take a moment to clean your computer, update your spyware database then run it, update your virus scan program and run it, run a clean disk, then trace your connections. 

I'll bet you find a problem in between somewhere.  Again, look around, you don't see the boards on fire with connection problems, and you know this crowd well enough.  If there was an actual problem, the boards would ignite.  Wouldn't it.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 03:48:10 PM »
Why not run a pingplot and see where the problem is.....b4 ranting?
See Rule #4

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
Bald

By disco what do you mean??? kicked to desktop,loss of UDP,blue screen of death.

It would help if you explained alittle better,running pingplotter will find the problem if
 it's a loss of conection or isp.It could be as simple as rebooting your router,so without
 really knowing what  the problem is how can you find a solution???

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
Ping Plotter and Ad-aware SE are your friend.  Run the adaware every night.....you'll be surprised with the amount a spyware that you pick up.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 07:15:53 PM »
Bald, there have been a few times where we all had problems, but I'm thinking your is local, as was mine the other day.  I know your system and the problem is not there, look outside the box.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
I've always been curious why people always blame HTC when things don't go their way.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »
Sorry guys.  Just frustration running over.

I know how to keep my system running clean. 

It's a host connection lost error without a lost UDP or switch to TCP. 

I think I know what it is.  I think it's an auto updater I might have overlooked.  It seems to disco me about every hour and a half (I got a third one after posting).  We'll see if I'm right or not.  I haven't had time to look at it yet.

Grrrrr!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 09:13:04 PM »
Sorry guys.  Just frustration running over.

I know how to keep my system running clean. 

It's a host connection lost error without a lost UDP or switch to TCP. 

I think I know what it is.  I think it's an auto updater I might have overlooked.  It seems to disco me about every hour and a half (I got a third one after posting).  We'll see if I'm right or not.  I haven't had time to look at it yet.

Grrrrr!

I've had this 2x.  first time, my modem was dying (comcast issue), last time was isp issue, again comcast.  I realize many different reasons why this might happen, just my experience
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:14:39 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »
i nvr get discos, maybee a little lagg here and there, but only when i fly into a big furball

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH