Author Topic: The Difference Between Then and Now  (Read 2653 times)

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Re: The Difference Between Then and Now
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 06:59:04 AM »
I started on a/h 1.........6 months into a/h I copped a attitude(bush re-elected)....so I went & downloaded A/W..... got in the game,....pressed the "start" button for the motor....... listened to the engine, 20 sec's,...maybe longer......then deleted A/W, and came back to A/H with a bit different attitude. Thats my experience w/ A/W. :salute
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 07:23:10 AM »
I started on a/h 1.........6 months into a/h I copped a attitude(bush re-elected)....so I went & downloaded A/W..... got in the game,....pressed the "start" button for the motor....... listened to the engine, 20 sec's,...maybe longer......then deleted A/W, and came back to A/H with a bit different attitude. Thats my experience w/ A/W. :salute

What did Bush getting re-elected have to do with you flying AH?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »
What did Bush getting re-elected have to do with you flying AH?

:rofl  He blames it for his attitude.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 05:59:26 AM »
He was from texas. :aok
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2008, 06:29:56 AM »
He was from texas. :aok

Gee that makes a lot of sense.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:34:21 AM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 10:29:30 AM »
OK, I'll spell it out for ya hun. I could not believe that sooo many folks, yes here in /AH were going to vote for this ****head yet again. That prompted me to leave. Does that make any sense mr. wizard?

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 02:35:04 AM »
word,....yo home slice <S>"beer , beer, beer said the privates,....merry ol men are we,...the Army's fair- but it can't compare- with the marine corps infantry" ;) yo scotty.. :salute sir,.....ya know I'm razzin ya !

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 11:43:01 AM »
OK, I'll spell it out for ya hun. I could not believe that sooo many folks, yes here in /AH were going to vote for this ****head yet again. That prompted me to leave. Does that make any sense mr. wizard?

Yes it does, you're too weak minded to seperate a hobby from politics.
Thanks for clearing that up. :aok

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 01:22:56 AM »
Air Warrior: Vietnam
-GAME shapes-

Ya .. everything worked .. and these were done by me about 10 *years* ago.

You can draw your own conclusions about how the 'Stang would have looked.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 02:15:38 AM »
Damn bro that's just wrong to show us that . :cry . I always loved your artwork GE . i went to the link for your webpage looking for some to use as a desktop etc . Couldn't find any . I would love to buy a lithograph or two from you . Freakin awesome wild weasel bro <S> .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:17:15 AM by hlbly »

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2008, 02:36:48 AM »
Ya I dont know what happened to +Mia .. his WW2 pilots site was awesome.

Been down awhile now, and his old email bounces when I tried to ask how he was doin.

Was up a long time ..just a shame I never made it over for one of his 'lunches' with his Dad and friends.

Ah well ..

CON.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »

Could not have happened.  Did this happen to you in the twilight zone  or are you just making crap up?

The last version was Air Warrior III Millennium Version, and the last day of on-line flying was December 7, 2001, the sixtieth anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

George Bush is the forty-third and current President of the United States. He was sworn in on January 20, 2001 for the first time after beating some lying lib schmuck... so some would say.

Bush ran for re-election against JFFK in 2004 and won.

I loved that game BTW. First flight sim I ever played. People were cool and mostly adults.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 06:23:12 AM »
yep, it happened, dunno the dates for sure, but it was laughable compared to a/h....geez maybe i been at this longer than i thought. I'm  one of those guys that didnt discover, or care about the forum's for  quite some time after joining /AH....im guessing yrs. I visited the twilight zone in 83 though :), maybe I'm stuck.......ohhhhh geez, someone tell me this is reality? :aok

Offline GhostBer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
I started playing AW on the Genie server and yes.....The graphics sucked but the gameplay was awesome!

I then switched to AWII and then AWII...the only real improvements to these games were of course the graphics but also the base capture aspect. The folks there were VERY friendly and my squad the =Air Pirates= was a respected bunch that had contacts outside of the game.....TWAY where are you!!

When AWIII went down  :frown: i was at a loss until i was watching Discovery channel one day and saw the advertisment for Aces High. I thought maybe its like AWIII.....To my surprise it was and more!  i have been on ever since. Even buying a better ciomputer to keep up with the times  :rock