Author Topic: I think I can fight a little  (Read 3511 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: I think I can fight a little
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
I've read some nasty insults about me lately, how I can't fight... etc.

SCCA says:
Storch says:

Lots of nasty things like that.

So I decided to spend a night in a plane lots of people fly. I flew the spit 8. I haven't flown it much , totalling around 40 kills in it before these flights, all these flights were the night before last.

http://www.mediafire.com/?egxnieizcnz

http://www.mediafire.com/?0xgghncaana

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmdixia4nni

http://www.mediafire.com/?atcjazcaaha

http://www.mediafire.com/?mghaicjzw1o

Like anyone, I'd like to get better... but I can fight a little and I have fun.

\
d/l'd the first film......don't think i need to d/l anymore.

your gunnery was excellent. as was your picking skill.

not trying to be a love muffins, but i expected to see a couple good dogfighting films. instead i see you cherrypick murdr as he;s about to finish one of your countrymen, then you roll over into irish red on the six of another, and pick him. not really that impressive if ya ask me. but then who am i? i'm just a guy that sucks, and is trying to get better. :rolleyes:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »
\
d/l'd the first film......don't think i need to d/l anymore.

your gunnery was excellent. as was your picking skill.

not trying to be a love muffins, but i expected to see a couple good dogfighting films. instead i see you cherrypick murdr as he;s about to finish one of your countrymen, then you roll over into irish red on the six of another, and pick him. not really that impressive if ya ask me. but then who am i? i'm just a guy that sucks, and is trying to get better. :rolleyes:

The first film was a 2 us, vs 3 them. If that's picking, you got me! Other films are different. Thanks for gathering a fraction of the info available then posting an opinion. Watch the first five minutes of a movie then know all about it huh?   :lol  :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »
Well I would expect a condiscending and negative post from the likes of other players but not you. I wouldnt call it inappropiate but more of a negative post. I just wouldnt have expected that from you.

I guess I look up to the trainers and so do others and to have one post like that about a style of flying is surprising. That is the thing. So if Stever "runs" for 15 miles then engages or whatever then so what.

Am I wrong in assuming you teach people how to get away or use wingman tactics. But if Steve does it then he is a lowly running dweeb?

so, what you're saying, is that if you're flying in r/l with your cfi, and you make a mistake that could be fatal if he weren't there, he should stay nice?

in the first film, all steve did was pick. all he showed was good gunnery. he didn't show anything exemplerey in his maneuvers.
he asked for honest, he;s getting honest.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 01:36:11 PM »

so, what you're saying, is that if you're flying in r/l with your cfi, and you make a mistake that could be fatal if he weren't there, he should stay nice?

in the first film, all steve did was pick. all he showed was good gunnery. he didn't show anything exemplerey in his maneuvers.
he asked for honest, he;s getting honest.

Like I said, if killing guys while out numbered 2 to 3 is picking, you have me nailed. WTG    :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
The first film was a 2 us, vs 3 them. If that's picking, you got me! Other films are different. Thanks for gathering a fraction of the info available then posting an opinion. Watch the first five minutes of a movie then know all about it huh?   :lol  :aok

dude,......i'm sorry, i really am....i know you're a better pilot than i am. but with that first film, all i saw was a spit8 haulin along at over 300mph, line up on a 38 that was in a hard turn about to finish off another, and you whacked him. you followed up with another pick of the fm2 whilst he was busy on another. where's the rest of that film? did you actually fight in that one?

like i said, i was hoping for some good dogfighting, and maybe be able to learn something from watching you.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »

first film:

ROOKS:steve(spit8), whitey33(109), spacey(spit), iilgaf(hurri)
KNIGHTS:murdr(p38), irishred(fm2), baumer(p40)

you guys hels all the cards. i know what murdr can do in that 38, but all of your guys aircraft outclassed them.

oooo....and where's this 2 vs 3 you mention? looks like besides having them outclassed, you had em outnumbered too.

the more you type here the more respect i'm losin for ya.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Like I said, if killing guys while out numbered 2 to 3 is picking, you have me nailed. WTG    :aok

was 3 vs 4 your favor. in numbers AND aircraft.

are the rest of the films more exciting, or just more picking?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
dude,......i'm sorry, i really am....i know you're a better pilot than i am. but with that first film, all i saw was a spit8 haulin along at over 300mph, line up on a 38 that was in a hard turn about to finish off another, and you whacked him. you followed up with another pick of the fm2 whilst he was busy on another. where's the rest of that film? did you actually fight in that one?

like i said, i was hoping for some good dogfighting, and maybe be able to learn something from watching you.

Well again, you watched a fraction of the films and formed an opinion.. silly. In the first film, you can make an argument I picked Murdr.. I would call it a pick. Should I have let him kill whitey so I would have to fight them 1 vs 3?   The other two engaged about the same time I did, there was only two of us... sorry that's not picking. The other films are different.. oh wait I already said that. As for learning something... I'm not expert.. I just said I could fight a little.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
Not another someone pity me, i'm in need of some attn.  post  :(

which tool are you?

I'm guessing this one: :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »

was 3 vs 4 your favor. in numbers AND aircraft.

are the rest of the films more exciting, or just more picking?

You are either being dishonest or do not know what picking is.  You are also lying about the circumstances of the fight. The other two rooks never came close to the fight. The closest the other rooks came were 2.4 of the fight and that was at the end of  the fight, after the p40 died. You're a troll, and a dishonest one. 

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
You are either being dishonest or do not know what picking is.  You are also lying about the circumstances of the fight. The other two rooks never came close to the fight. The closest the other rooks came were 2.4 of the fight and that was at the end of  the fight, after the p40 died. You're a troll, and a dishonest one. 

(Image removed from quote.)
dude, i don't lie. i took those names right out of the film viewer.

spacey and iilgaf were comming in behind you, as you came in for the pick on murdr.

and no, i'm not a troll. but then again, i don't feel the need to post my kills here either. i don't need to see how much of the ah community i can get pity from.

maybe when i come back home tonight, i'll look at the others.

ooo....and dishonest? post the rest of the film, to show your dive for speed. no one else in that fight was going tht fast.

picking is when you run in and shoot down a guy that's in a fight with another plane. tht's what you did. twice.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »
Would you have fought differently?
Absolutely Steve.  For one I would be using everthing at my disposal, whether that means setting myslef up with the most advantagous fuel load, and using my energy to determine when, where, and what circumstances I will fight as I see fit.  I would not have my hands off the stick commenting about the last merge, or reversing toward someone on my 6 when I am under no guns pressure to do so.  I would think such things would be obvious that I'm not out for blood or to prove anything. I do fly very different depending on my goal at the time, or even in absence of a goal.  And I'd think by this time you would understand that at a certian level, all things being equal, the fight can tip on the smallest thing, whether it is a bad night, attitude, plane matchup, or whatever.

If you like, I'll take the films down.

I don't care one way or the other since it's irrelevent at this point.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »
Why does everything posted on these forums turn into a flame war...? :huh

Steve, you have a Pony fighting style.  Nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's a great style to have; It will keep you alive.  Now while no one likes to be shot down by surprise, it is part of what makes the Pony such a great aircraft.  A LOT of kills in WWII were when the bad guy didn't know he was there, and the same goes for this game.  Situational Awareness and good teammates are really the best defense against a pony driver.

BnZ drivers will complain about TnB drivers, and TnB drivers will complain about BnZ drivers.  It's just the way it is, if you don't fly to someone's advantage, they'll be pissed at ya.

First and foremost, it's a game and your $15.  Fly how you want, not how others think you should. :salute
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »
dude, i don't lie. i took those names right out of the film viewer.
ooo....and dishonest? post the rest of the film, to show your dive for speed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dl6gailf0ba

:lol

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
Why does everything posted on these forums turn into a flame war...? :huh

Steve, you have a Pony fighting style.  Nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's a great style to have; It will keep you alive.  Now while no one likes to be shot down by surprise, it is part of what makes the Pony such a great aircraft.  A LOT of kills in WWII were when the bad guy didn't know he was there, and the same goes for this game.  Situational Awareness and good teammates are really the best defense against a pony driver.

BnZ drivers will complain about TnB drivers, and TnB drivers will complain about BnZ drivers.  It's just the way it is, if you don't fly to someone's advantage, they'll be pissed at ya.

First and foremost, it's a game and your $15.  Fly how you want, not how others think you should. :salute

i wasn't telling him how i think he should fight. but that he should fight to begin with. murdr, irishred, and whitey were fighting. lligaf and spacey were out in the distance, with spacey comming in it appeared, and steve sneaking up to kill pilots that were engaged. that is a pick. in real life, that is the absolute best way to stay alive. this is a cartoon game. accordingly, staying alive doesn't mean much.
 judging him by what i've seen posted on the boards here, i kinda respected the dude. maybe if i d/l the other films tonight when i go back home(i'm on the shop puter right now) they'll show some actual fighting.

like i've also said in other threads and posts....i don't give a dam how anyone flys, or fights, or picks, or ho;s or whatever. i realize that if i get picked, i put myself in the position to get picked....no one else. same with getting ho'd(although there's been times that i thought i had them avoided, only for the guy to still manage to land serious hits on me.)
 hell, last night in mw, the guys defending one of their airbases were doing nothing but ramming and ho'ing. at times it cost them as much as it cost us. i got rmmed twice, but only got the white message, and took no damage. he was trying to ho me. he went on to try n ho two other countrymen. the sides were pretty even in that engagement, and eny wasn't hurting us or them, so there was no real reason.

anyway, i wans't saying what i had originally said to be a dk. i was simply saying what i took from the film. and STEVE, all through this, i've said that i think you'r a MUCH better pilot than i am, and was hoping to learn something from your films. i don't see how that was trolling(but then i don't know the definition of a troll either).
 i watch films and learn from them. everyones.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"