Author Topic: I think I can fight a little  (Read 3510 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: I think I can fight a little
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »
Steve, just make another pass at em, and take a screenshot of their whines and then send those to em.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

anyway, i wans't saying what i had originally said to be a dk. i was simply saying what i took from the film. and STEVE, all through this, i've said that i think you'r a MUCH better pilot than i am, and was hoping to learn something from your films. i don't see how that was trolling(but then i don't know the definition of a troll either).
 i watch films and learn from them. everyones.

Dude, forget about the better pilot thing.. that's not a point I'm trying to make. The other films show me with a 109 on my 6 that I reverse and kill, and I kill murdr a couple of times 1v1. The first 1v1 Murdr was heavy with fuel. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone in the films.  In fact, were I in a 38 when I fought Murdr, he would have waxed me.  I told Murdr at the time, and I'll say it now, the plane had a lot to do with it. The spit8 is a stellar dogfighter, IMHO.

Someone said I can't reverse a plane for a million bucks( or something like that) some of these films show me shaking a guy off my 6 and killing him.
Someone said I am hopelessly inept unless I hold all the cards. Some of these films show with at least a small disadvantage and I manage a kill or two. I was just trying to show that the callous jerks who made such claims about me are wrong. These are the reasons I posted the films. Again, I'm not claiming to be better than anyone in these films. Murdr took offense, which I regret, because I've known him for years and have always enjoyed his online company. I wasn't thumping my chest for killing him.. I'm sure he's killed me just as often.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
I wait with baited breath for you to point out my inapproriate comment?
this is all im hearing from you    :furious :cry :furious :cry :furious :cry :furious :cry

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
Dude, forget about the better pilot thing.. that's not a point I'm trying to make. The other films show me with a 109 on my 6 that I reverse and kill, and I kill murdr a couple of times 1v1. The first 1v1 Murdr was heavy with fuel. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone in the films.  In fact, were I in a 38 when I fought Murdr, he would have waxed me.  I told Murdr at the time, and I'll say it now, the plane had a lot to do with it. The spit8 is a stellar dogfighter, IMHO.

Someone said I can't reverse a plane for a million bucks( or something like that) some of these films show me shaking a guy off my 6 and killing him.
Someone said I am hopelessly inept unless I hold all the cards. Some of these films show with at least a small disadvantage and I manage a kill or two. I was just trying to show that the callous jerks who made such claims about me are wrong. These are the reasons I posted the films. Again, I'm not claiming to be better than anyone in these films. Murdr took offense, which I regret, because I've known him for years and have always enjoyed his online company. I wasn't thumping my chest for killing him.. I'm sure he's killed me just as often.

i realize you're not making that claim. again, i'm saying what i think.......

as for the ""hoplessly inept"" comment......that comment comes from the king of happiness. i STILL can't figure out how he got ot be old if his online personality is like his r/l one. i wouldn't pay his comments any mind. he picked me a few times months ago(it was my own fault as i knew there were higher cons around as i got into a low slow knifefight). i got tired of getting picked, so i guestimated how high i though he's be, grabbed a spit9, and upped from a clear base.
 at 19k alt, i came across him with him having a very slight alt advantage. i dodged a ho attempt, and climbed to co-alt in the dodge. after a couple turns, i stalled, and he had my six, so not knowing what else to do, i dove for speed and seperation. he maintained his alt and next i ss is him bragging how the alt monkey blew all his E, and dove away. so he was calling me an alt mone\key for being almost as high as he was :rofl he kept trying to pick me as i tried to get back to his alt, so i gave up, and went looking for a fight somewhere else. found a corsair, and next i know, there;s that damd 109 on my tail again.

o well..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
By saying you don't think he's fighting, you are, in fact, telling him what you think fighting is and that he should do it to your definition.

In the Main Arena, your not going to find a 1v1, unless you go off into the boonies.  I found myself angry about that same fact, but it's something that's going to happen.  Just because he's not in a loosing situation when he engages someone and/or clearing someone's six and/or "picking" and/or [insert whatever you want here], doesn't mean he's not fighting.

To be honest, I really wasn't trying to join this conversation, and I really don't care to.  I just saw this thread go terribly wrong, and gave my $.02.  So I'm out, removed notification of this thread and won't be checking again.

<S> to all of you.  I hope you all end this silly and useless argument that isn't going to go anywhere.

See you in the skies! :salute
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
i realize you're not making that claim. again, i'm saying what i think.......

as for the ""hoplessly inept"" comment......that comment comes from the king of happiness. i STILL can't figure out how he got ot be old if his online personality is like his r/l one. i wouldn't pay his comments any mind. he picked me a few times months ago(it was my own fault as i knew there were higher cons around as i got into a low slow knifefight). i got tired of getting picked, so i guestimated how high i though he's be, grabbed a spit9, and upped from a clear base.
 at 19k alt, i came across him with him having a very slight alt advantage. i dodged a ho attempt, and climbed to co-alt in the dodge. after a couple turns, i stalled, and he had my six, so not knowing what else to do, i dove for speed and seperation. he maintained his alt and next i ss is him bragging how the alt monkey blew all his E, and dove away. so he was calling me an alt mone\key for being almost as high as he was :rofl he kept trying to pick me as i tried to get back to his alt, so i gave up, and went looking for a fight somewhere else. found a corsair, and next i know, there;s that damd 109 on my tail again.

o well..........

Fair enough.  At least watch the rest of the films.

One thing about "picks". A person adept at getting into  position efficiently to kill guys in furballs is often mis-labeld a picker.  In the film you watched, 5 planes were involved in the fight. Murdr was on whitey which made perfect sense because it probably started as a 1v1 which Murdr appeared to be winning decisively.  Of course I'm going to shoot him off my teammate's 6... a pick?  I think so but one that anyone else would have done, don't you think? The instant Murdr dies it becomes a 2v2. Both the f4f and the p40 go after whitey, ignoring me completely. Seems a mistake for both guys to go after the same plane, leaving another free to attack.. but not my fault.  :)   If you consider the kills on them picking, then one must consider every kill in a furball to be picking.  :salute
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:20:22 PM by Steve »

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
Did you watch the films? There were other fights in there.
As for Murdr, he is  a ringer in his 38. If you beat him spit 8 vs his 38 under the same circumstances, I'd sure like to see it.

I saw the 1 109 fight that you had, which still is nothing to brag about, and the nice 3 kills you had in the first one. The first one, you had one buddy on the 38, another buddy on the F4F and a couple guys on the P40. I heard that you didn't want help in the 109 fight, but that person wasn't good either. Then the 2 P38 fights, again, nothing to brag about.
I don't know Murdr as much as I know Del in the MAs, I would rather kill Del over Murdr. The only thing that might have said wtg on, was the reversal of E and alt on the last film, which wasn't so bad.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
The first one, you had one buddy on the 38, another buddy on the F4F and a couple guys on the P40.

There was only me and whitey in that fight. No-one else got closer than 2.4,, and that was only after all 3 were dead.  As for braggin.. I'm not.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »
Steve and I have a history of provoking each other harshly, and resolving and forgetting about it rather quickly.  I'd suggest against sniping on that side discussion.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »
I saw the 1 109 fight that you had, which still is nothing to brag about, and the nice 3 kills you had in the first one. The first one, you had one buddy on the 38, another buddy on the F4F and a couple guys on the P40. I heard that you didn't want help in the 109 fight, but that person wasn't good either. Then the 2 P38 fights, again, nothing to brag about.
I don't know Murdr as much as I know Del in the MAs, I would rather kill Del over Murdr. The only thing that might have said wtg on, was the reversal of E and alt on the last film, which wasn't so bad.

Del is in the 80th.

The 80th suck.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
I think picking is completely BS. When you "pick" you clear a countryman's 6, allowing him to continue his sortie.
You got picked? Too bad. Its your fault, you put yourself into this position allowing him on your six. It's called situational awareness that's what lets you know who's around you, what altitude there at, and/or how far/close they are too you. I try not to complain about picking, but sometimes my temper gets the better of me.
(I have a very bad temper by the way) About steve, I think steve is a great stick, and the fact he was "picking" is pretty stupid, all he was doing was clearing his countryman's six. We all "pick" at some time, just some of us choose to admit it.

just my 2cents

80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »
<--- owns murdr and steve
 :noid
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:08 AM »
I commend you for trying another ride for a change.  But I am sure you have posted only the best films for our viewing pleasure. 

When I made that mentioned post, your K/D was 33+/1.  Now you are at about 29/1 and your rank has dropped from 2 to 5. 

Clearly you aren't as uber in the VIII as you are in the 51.  As suspected, others agree with my assessment that your best skill is the pick someone who is engaged, and run screaming like a school girl.  I would also expect your SA skills are quite good, as you can't get a 30/1 kd and not know when to run.

As I said in response to your PM, it's your money, fly like you like.  I will say though, you haven't lived till you are mixing it up low in the deck, batteling it out, riding the stall horn, on the edge of control and still somehow win, what a rush..!! 

Come down from 15k and try it sometime..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org