Author Topic: Kind of a damning article on Palin  (Read 5660 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Kind of a damning article on Palin
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
I stopped reading when they brought up the same old tired BS that has been debunked.

I have no problems with firing state employees who stand in your way, she sounds like she has the balls Arnie here needs in Cali.

You obama supporters are such winey little girls.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
I guess I'd vote for Palin and McCain too if I thought I was going to burn in a pit of lava if I didn't.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
I guess I'd vote for Palin and McCain too if I thought I was going to burn in a pit of lava if I didn't.

To be fair, that's a great straw-man, or appeal to ridicule :devil

Ok, I'll stop now.  Really. :o
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:05:54 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
Reporter:  President Palin, now that McCain passed on and you are president what are you going to do about russian and venezuela attempts to set up bases in Cuba?  

Pres. Palin:  I will pray to God and seek his divine deliverance from these great evils.  Then I will talk in tounges and dance around wildly in the white house to seek his spirit.  After that, I will call Putin and try and get the russian president fired.  I will then push legislators to build a bridge to Cuba so that we can get our snipers down there to kill all their moose and carribou so we can starve them out.  Then I will be getting ready for the Miss President World Beauty pagent.  Thank you, God bless you, and slmnblmbslsmblsnslmbslbmslsnu blsuslnsmsuslms(tounge talk) this great United States!

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Reporter:  President Palin, now that McCain passed on and you are president what are you going to do about russian and venezuela attempts to set up bases in Cuba?  

Pres. Palin:  I will pray to God and seek his divine deliverance from these great evils.  Then I will talk in tounges and dance around wildly in the white house to seek his spirit.  After that, I will call Putin and try and get the russian president fired.  I will then push legislators to build a bridge to Cuba so that we can get our snipers down there to kill all their moose and carribou so we can starve them out.  Then I will be getting ready for the Miss President World Beauty pagent.  Thank you, God bless you, and slmnblmbslsmblsnslmbslbmslsnu blsuslnsmsuslms(tounge talk) this great United States!

:noid

Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain were set a test with Russia's invasion of Georgia.

Here's McCain: "Tensions and hostilities between Georgians and Ossetians are in no way justification for Russian troops crossing an internationally recognised border."

Russia had "to immediately and unconditionally withdraw its forces". NATO should swiftly accept Georgia as a member, which would oblige Europe and the US to come to its aid.

Now here's Obama's camp: "It's both sides' fault -- both have been somewhat provocative with each other." The United Nations should step in and send a peacekeeping force under "an appropriate UN mandate".

LMAO UN  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Edit:  look sky no hypothetical needed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:19:51 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Palin is a religious whackjob, and the majority of the people who love her are too.

I don't think I have a religious bone in my body, and I think she's a good candidate...  Certainly she is more grounded in real life and common sense than either Obama and Biden, who have lived their lives telling others what to do instead of doing stuff themselves.  As a further plus in her favor, she is not a lawyer so she has not lived her life benefiting from other people's conflict.  That is important, her not having the attitude that legal battles are a good thing.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Druss

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »
Palin is a religious whackjob, and the majority of the people who love her are too.

And you know all these people, right? That is an ignorant statement. A child might have said it.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »
And you know all these people, right? That is an ignorant statement. A child might have said it.

a child did say it.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
To be fair, that's a great straw-man, or appeal to ridicule :devil

Ok, I'll stop now.  Really. :o

LOL!

Note to Anax : we're comfortable hashing it out on whatever level the opposition decides is the playing field. Since most discussions devolve quickly to the lower levels, get used to using a snorkel or bring your own damn air.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
Lol, you're trying to say I'm a moron, right before you tell me "to go up a river in a canoe without a paddle".  What an idiot. 

No other person has to make that assertion, you do it for yourself all the time.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
I don't think I have a religious bone in my body, and I think she's a good candidate...  Certainly she is more grounded in real life and common sense than either Obama and Biden, who have lived their lives telling others what to do instead of doing stuff themselves.  As a further plus in her favor, she is not a lawyer so she has not lived her life benefiting from other people's conflict.  That is important, her not having the attitude that legal battles are a good thing.

You framed her appeal exactly as I feel about it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
You're right, we have nothing to worry about from religious leaders.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-03.htm

I'll see your Sarcasm and raise you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
No other person has to make that assertion, you do it for yourself all the time.

LOL yep, by far the most often blatantly wrong person on this board, his Airplane facts alone could have made a good joke book, or martin caidin book.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »

But he does it with such perfection................... ............................. ....
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------