Author Topic: Ugh... Rolled my ankle, even got a trip to the emergency room  (Read 937 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ugh... Rolled my ankle, even got a trip to the emergency room
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 06:16:24 PM »
I tore my right calf last year at a BBQ.   First time in my life I was EVER on crutches.   Doc said "You're not using them right."   I threw em down and hobbled out of the office.   We still chuckle about that when I see him.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
Crutches are okay. But by the time I'm off em, My right leg is gonna be flippin huge (because I usually only hop on one foot to get from A to B) and the way I'm supposed to use the crutches,  I'm gonna be a lot stronger. Sad thing is, I think it takes like 6 to 8 weeks to heal  :(
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Skyeho

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 09:05:57 PM »
I tore my right calf last year at a BBQ.   First time in my life I was EVER on crutches.   Doc said "You're not using them right."   I threw em down and hobbled out of the office.   We still chuckle about that when I see him.   

I tore my ACL at a taekwondo tournament last January.  I had to have it removed until I could take the time to have reconstructive surgery.  Physical therapy department tried to teach me how to used crutched high on morphine afterwards.  It was not pretty.  The sad part is I work at that hospital in the lab.  I hear about it from them everytime I work.   :cry
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
Man, it's not so bad until you wake up :O

MAN, it worse this morning than it did after I messed it up. :(  :confused:

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »
Sometimes sprained ankles are worse than breaks.  When I was still skateboarding, I stalled on a pebble that was in a pool and came down on my ankle wrong severly spraining it.  Had to have two operations to repair the ligaments and was in a cast for close to 6 months.  Then to add to my rotten luck, a week after the cast was removed, went to skate the same pool, took a wrong line on the vertical, shot out about 9ft out of the pool and came down in the deep end landing on my shoulder dislocating the collar bone.  Was in a shoulder cast for 10 months and had to have 2 more surgeries to repair the rotator cuff and nerve damage. 

ack-ack

Sk8 or die dude!  :aok

Glad to see there are more old skaters around. I was very active until 94 when i joined the navy. After i got out i didnt get back to it until this summer lol. Borrowed a board i saw and i didnt do an instant faceplant. I guess my balance has not completly failed me and it was fun. Dont think ill go down to the local skate shop any time soon though. :D

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »
[hijack] What boards do you skate Nilsen? I skate Plan B (as of now, USED to skate) boards. They got the most 'pop' so you can jump over stuff very very easily.[/hijack]  :aok

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 05:19:29 AM »
[hijack] What boards do you skate Nilsen? I skate Plan B (as of now, USED to skate) boards. They got the most 'pop' so you can jump over stuff very very easily.[/hijack]  :aok

Plan B was not a brand that excisted back when i skated (i think)  :lol

I skated when all skateboards had a different shape. Now they are all basicly the same shape and you cant tell the tail from the nose. Most of my boards were made by a company called Powell Peralta, and some from Santa Cruz.

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
man dude me and pesnic were running in front of u. after we got to air rifle range and saw you walk by man that thing was bigger than a baseball :salute

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »