Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 9477 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »
But it the best i can think of. :(

Well there really is no other perkable bomber that I have ever heard of other than the A-26.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
It would be nice to have something to spend bomber perks on. The AR-234 is not much fun and kind of useless.
not true for me, i love doggin in the Ar234, i killed a 262 once followed by a spit in a furball, (yes, i died right afterward, but u can say that i cant fly another 234 for a month or 2) :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
btw i say yes to the A26, its on my list following the 111 and MORE TANKS
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
btw i say yes to the A26, its on my list following the 111 and MORE TANKS

I think that there is a far greater need for another perked bomber than there is for an aircraft that will see use almost exclusively in Special Events.
O o

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
Stop with the perk for the A-26...it is not worthy of a perk cost.  It is a very good plane but if you perk that perk the Spit 16, La-7, N1k, and any other LW uber ride. 

If you want to use the bomber perks perk the formations.  First one free perk the rest....seems logical to me. Your not taking anything away from new people as they can still fly them.  It uses bomber perks that are just piling up.  It might stop/slow down the lanstukas, bomb and bail, and other wrong stuff poeple use bombers for. 

For the A-26
against perking it
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Stop with the perk for the A-26...it is not worthy of a perk cost.  It is a very good plane but if you perk that perk the Spit 16, La-7, N1k, and any other LW uber ride. 

If you want to use the bomber perks perk the formations.  First one free perk the rest....seems logical to me. Your not taking anything away from new people as they can still fly them.  It uses bomber perks that are just piling up.  It might stop/slow down the lanstukas, bomb and bail, and other wrong stuff poeple use bombers for. 

For the A-26
against perking it

The A-26 was an exceptional bomber in many ways (sorry, I don't have time to list them right now but you should look them up on Google if you're interested), and this is shown by the fact that it was refurbished and used extensively during the Vietnam War.  Any bomber that can travel as fast as the A-26, with up to 14x 50 cals fixed facing forwards (and 4 in turrets), with it's bombload almost that of a B-17, yet under certain circumstances could turn with a Bf-109 (as reported by a pilot, I don't have a source to back this up at the moment) is definitely worthy of a perk price IMO.

As to your perked formation idea, it's interesting, but it would just leave single bombers at an extreme disadvantage when attacked by a fighter.
O o

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
The A-26 was an exceptional bomber in many ways (sorry, I don't have time to list them right now but you should look them up on Google if you're interested), and this is shown by the fact that it was refurbished and used extensively during the Vietnam War.  Any bomber that can travel as fast as the A-26, with up to 14x 50 cals fixed facing forwards (and 4 in turrets), with it's bombload almost that of a B-17, yet under certain circumstances could turn with a Bf-109 (as reported by a pilot, I don't have a source to back this up at the moment) is definitely worthy of a perk price IMO.

As to your perked formation idea, it's interesting, but it would just leave single bombers at an extreme disadvantage when attacked by a fighter.

There is no way on gods green earth that an A-26 would turn with a 109.  Not for more than 1 or 2 turns anyway.  And I don't think the 14 gun model was used during WW2. Here's what you will get if we get it:

Specifications (A-26B):
    Engines: Two 2000hp Pratt & Whitney R-2800-79 radial piston engines
    Weight: Empty 22,370 lbs., Maximum Takeoff 35,000 lbs.
    Wing Span: 70ft. 0in.
    Length: 50ft. 9in.
    Height: 18ft. 6in.
    Performance:
        Maximum Speed at 15,000 ft: 355 mph
        Ceiling: 22,100 ft
        Range: 1,400 miles
    Armament:
        Six 12.7mm (0.5 in.) machine guns in nose
        Two 12.7mm (0.5 in.) machine guns each in ventral and dorsal turrets
        6000 lbs. of bombs
        Eight 127mm (5-inch) rockets

Come find my in a single B-17 sometime....I'll show ya what it can do!  And if you fly where bombers should it won't be a huge problem!
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
Actually the A-26 had a better then 1 to 1 K/D in actual air combat vs fighters in the ETO. Even the
A-20 did remarkably well when forced to fight (what really triggered the development of the A-26). Basically the A-26 is an A-20 optimized for air combat and dive bombing.

The wingloading on the A-26 isnt really that far off the 109K4. A light A-26 is suprisingly nimble IRL and not far off from a late war fighter in many aspects of handling. Obviously a lot will depend on its actual modeling in game but I think its safe to say that running into an A-26 ace in AH will an enlighting experience for some...

If the A-20 had greater ability to withstand stress on the control surfaces it would be very formidable. If it had the ability to actually reach speeds similar to the average fighter it would be uber. I can see the A-26 as a perkable plane with no problems at all...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »
More axis planes then the A-26.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
More axis planes then the A-26.

Well, why don't you give an example that you haven't already suggested which would be suitable for a perked bomber?
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »
Well, why don't you give an example that you haven't already suggested which would be suitable for a perked bomber?
Most of the bombers like the He-111 and Sm.79 won't be good in your role so just make it fair just add the Hs-129 i don't care if it slow i would be nice to have and with the Pak 40 the Pilot could press a button and the Gun is gone.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
Most of the bombers like the He-111 and Sm.79 won't be good in your role so just make it fair just add the Hs-129 i don't care if it slow i would be nice to have and with the Pak 40 the Pilot could press a button and the Gun is gone.

Yes, but the Hs-129 would not be suitable for a perked bomber.  Read what humble wrote, he shows how impressive the A-26 actually was.  The Hs-129 just would not even come close to the overall excellence of the A-26 Invader, and thus would not be suitable to be perked.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
Yes, but the Hs-129 would not be suitable for a perked bomber.  Read what humble wrote, he shows how impressive the A-26 actually was.  The Hs-129 just would not even come close to the overall excellence of the A-26 Invader, and thus would not be suitable to be perked.
Then don't add the A-26 it just to much we really don't need it you got the A-20 the A-26 would just kill everything in it path. :( :(

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2008, 02:35:39 PM »
Then don't add the A-26 it just to much we really don't need it you got the A-20 the A-26 would just kill everything in it path. :( :(

We need a perked bomber.  Seeing as I cannot find/think of any other bomber that might be suitable, and neither has anyone else, that really only leaves the A-26.

Saying that the A-26 'kill everything in it path' is not a reason to not add it, but rather a reason for it being added as a perked bomber.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
We need a perked bomber.  Seeing as I cannot find/think of any other bomber that might be suitable, and neither has anyone else, that really only leaves the A-26.

Saying that the A-26 'kill everything in it path' is not a reason to not add it, but rather a reason for it being added as a perked bomber.
But it just to much if HTC did a Korean game of Aces high then i can see the A-26 be added but the Axis didn't have the best bombers. Just live with the planes you got i have noting against the A-26. :noid